Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Conan Exiles - Funcom strikes again

Cnaiur

Augur
Could the soundtrack be any more similar to Poledouris' masterpiece? Or do we call this 'inspired by'? :smug:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Will be using Denuvo & BattlEye, apparently:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles/comments/5q74k9/looks_like_conan_exiles_will_use_battleye/

Edit: Admitted it, finally:

Conan Exiles will launch in Early Access with Denuvo for anti-piracy protection and Battle-Eye as an anti-cheating measure.

We are utilizing a widespread, industry-standard solution to combat piracy and cheating in Conan Exiles. The reason behind this is simple: to protect all the time, talent, and effort that’s going into the game.

We’ve tested for an impact on Conan Exiles’ performance, and have found no evidence that suggests that these services negatively affect how well the game runs.

Don’t worry--It’s not going to cause your SSD to explode, it’s not going to steal your information, and it won’t affect modding! Additionally, the cheat protection is only required for playing on official servers. I hope this helps clear things up a bit. We read everything you post and we thank you for the excellent feedback

Last edited:

bylam

Funcom
Developer
what kind of hardware will it take to run a server?

If it is just a few people, it would be fine on anything with a core i3 and a few gigs of ram. The more players, the beefier the hardware required, of course. Hard to say min specs for a server because it is the usage scenario that will matter.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
How many armor sets can we expect for EA release, and do you guys plan to add additional ones further way? Role players would be probably fucking you up for more "suits" of armor/clothes. Well, I kinda understand them.

Grokalibre

Augur
Not sure what marketing have planned in terms of "information reveals" but ask questions and I will answer what I can.

Really tempted to buy the game tomorrow but:
-Will it require that I installl the same terribad launcher AoC and TSW used?
-Do you guys have any plan to improve the melee combat?
-Do you like lutefisk? If I buy several copies of the game will you and the team eat some live on stream?

bylam

Funcom
Developer
Not sure what marketing have planned in terms of "information reveals" but ask questions and I will answer what I can.

Really tempted to buy the game tomorrow but:
-Will it require that I installl the same terribad launcher AoC and TSW used?
-Do you guys have any plan to improve the melee combat?
-Do you like lutefisk? If I buy several copies of the game will you and the team eat some live on stream?

- No but it uses Steam, Battleeye and Denuvo. So if you hate any of those things...
- Yes, of course. It's not done. We're like halfway through dev on this title at best. Combat will receive love and focus for sure.
- Lutefisk, like all other traditional foods in countries I have visited, is only special because it is what people ate to prevent themselves from starving to death. We have better options now. I choose to make better choices.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
mPCyssH.png

Time for some incline? Turisas

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Here is 6 hours worth of gameplay from some stream.

In truth it looks so much like ARK that without the intro splash screen telling me otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom