Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Codexistan's Official Skyrimjob Verdict.

I think that Skyrim...

• ... is MAGESTIC!! (Crispy as fuck)

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • ... is an amazing game. (I suck Todd's toes)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • ... is pretty good, with some issues. (Chocolate Jew)

Votes: 47 29.0%
  • ... is very mediocre, don't get me wrong, but mods will save it. (IGN's max level angry cunt)

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • ... is mediocre, nothing could possibly redeem it. (Good games could only possibly come out on a Thu

Votes: 42 25.9%
  • ... is banal, shit, boring. (Mom told me to clear my room but I bought Arma III instead)

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • ... is too difficult for me. (Comrade of Dragonkings)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • ... is an ofense towards the Quran!! (Goat fucker)

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters

ChristofferC

Magister
Mangoose said:
Why does it jump from "Very Mediocre" to "Pretty Good"? My opinion is somewhere between there.
I wondered the same thing. Never voted because no option reflects my opinion.

Enjoyable in short doses for a while. Definitely my longest played unmodded Bethesda game (got to level 46 before uninstall). Yes it is an improvement over Oblivion, but then again - what isn't? Improvement or not though, it has that trademark Bethesda "omg I wasted so much time on this" experience. It's a big world with loads of shit to do, but none of it is particularly engaging or memorable. The world, characters and quests are about as dull as usual in Beth games. Basically it's "powergame until getting bored and delete". Writing and voice acting are a bit less retarded for the most part, but there are still plenty of cringeworthy moments. I guess they just don't want to disappoint fans.
Are mods going to save it? I don't think so. They might make it fun to play it again for a while after some time, but I can't imagine more than that.
So, yeah, it's plain mediocre and mods can't save it, save for Total Conversion mods. I wouldn't mind Obsidian making one again.

racofer

Thread Incliner
It's a shame that the previous poll results have been lost due to the forum upgrade.

Therefore, this is your chance to vote again, Codexia!

Tigranes

Arcane
Enjoyable, certainly better than Oblivion, but retains many of the structural design issues that bring about the inevitable sense that it's all soulless and inconsequential.

Pretty Good.

mr.doo

Educated
I voted again. Skyrim rules. It's almost as good as oblivion but still a long way far from dragon age 2.

Just like Daggerfall, Morrowind & Oblivion: engrossing for the first hours and then I can't get myself to finish them, they become too much of a chore. Much better than Oblivion though. Voted nothing, I don't think I have an opinion anymore. I'll go replay "Circuit's Edge" instead.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Votet again * ... is very mediocre, don't get me wrong, but mods will save it. (IGN's max level angry cunt) this time. Worth playing unmoded which I could not say about Beth games since Morrowind. 6/10

But then I have to admit that even if I never ever finished one Bethesda game, I still think that they're better than the hacks from Bioware. I just loathe Bioware games with a real passion even if, paradoxically, I did finish most of their games. The only Bioware game that I liked was "Jade empire", I must be a pervert at heart, I guess I liked the setting. Big dumb Bethesda games still have some kind of charm for the first hours for me. Some really weird, megadumb, twisted and bizarro charm, like watching some kind of big retarded caveman grunting through his tedious life, you still look at the weird buffalos he paints with his shit and blood on the walls of his cave.

Pretty good, but definitely has issues. I've taken care of a few with first generation mods, but the rest will probably have to wait till the Creation Kit comes out.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Votet again * ... is very mediocre, don't get me wrong, but mods will save it. (IGN's max level angry cunt) this time. Worth playing unmoded which I could not say about Beth games since Morrowind. 6/10
Yep, going to settle with this. I've barely thought about the game since my initial playthrough/LP, and originally had it at a tentative 7, but think I'll round it down to a 6 in retrospect. Has the potential to be a solid 8 with heavy mods, so I'll check back in a year or so.

Comte

I voted Banal shit boring. Why can't they hire more voice actors its like fallout 3 all over again. And the arrow to the knee forced meme isn't funny.

Cassidy

Arcane
Where is the "it is even worse than banal shit boring" option? Didn't vote as there is no option to reflect my opinion made from observation. Also Quislings gonna Quisling and poser consoletards and LARPers pretending to be hardcore RPG fans gonna poser.

Bahamut

Arcane
Well at first it had good impresions, but after long play it became medicore from good, the whole "living" world is just fake and artificial, it even lack biowarian good/evil choices
NPC's are so bland and uninteresting, so even gaydars DA2 homoboys look better that bethesdian generic nord#45, theres nothing memorable in the game besides stupid memes and bugs, still it might be fun modwise

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
As comrades Jimbob and Bahamut have said, was much more fun when started to play it before all streamlining and shallowness showed.... However unlike Oblivion Mods will fix it this time couse setting is not bland and story although cliche is not derpy ala Prisoner take this unique artifact and save the world from generic Oblibion Gate No 100 or did you seen my Dad, middle aged guy who likes water :retarded: Beth games always had in game lore and exploration much more interesting than actual NPCs and quests but I will take General Tulius, Ulfric and couple of others memorable characters over emo gay elves any day. Lack of Bioweran Black and White is nice for me too... unless you are :patriot:sheeple who can't decide for yourself what choice to make without guidance from Jews. Beth games are :incline: steadily while biowhores are :decline: incarnate.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Voted: ... is pretty good, with some issues. (Chocolate Jew)

It's still got some flaws from Oblivion and the old Gamebyro engine (since the Creation Engine retained many of those issues). Lore is better, combat is more fun, and some quests have alternate solutions that the magical quest compass doesn't point to.

Gregz

Arcane
also Voted: ... is pretty good, with some issues. (Chocolate Jew)

but this is spot on:

My initial impressions were positive, but in the last analysis the improved aesthetics, level scaling and setting don't make up for the lack of substantial action or RPG mechanics, as well as the xtreme streamlining. Without much diversity in dungeons, loot, or enemies it becomes a tedious grind that can only be alleviated by sinful LARPing. Although enjoyment can be had in Skyrim is ultimately a forgettable game. Mediocre, mods can't fix it.

Still, best AAA effort of the year in terms of investment and return (I.e. proving that the PC platform is still relevant, popular, and lucrative)

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
It seems good as long as the pretty mountains in the distance remain a novelty. After that wears off, all the level scaling, poorly designed character system, and linear, repetitive dungeons drag it back down to BanalShitBoring level, where it belongs. Still, if modders somehow overhaul the world, give areas strict level ranges, put unique loot in dungeons, and replace like half the perks, it could become good. Maybe.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Well at first it had good impresions, but after long play it became medicore from good, the whole "living" world is just fake and artificial, it even lack biowarian good/evil choices
NPC's are so bland and uninteresting, so even gaydars DA2 homoboys look better that bethesdian generic nord#45, theres nothing memorable in the game besides stupid memes and bugs, still it might be fun modwise

Yea, pretty much this.

I still have Skyrim installed and I try it from time to time, doing a quest here and there. But, it doesn't matter how much I try, the game is total shitcuntturds.

Just now I completed the quest "The Heart of Dibella", where the priestess from the temple of Dibella in Markarth gives me a quest where I must bring them the Sybil of Dibella, a child which is supposed the be all holy and shit. For that, I need to travel to a nearby village and bring her to the temple. Once I got there, I was informed that those barbarians, or whatever they call them, kidnapped the child. Everybody automagically knows where they're keeping her, so I'm pointed to my next goal (quite am improvement I might add from previous Bethesdurr quest design, since instead of A->B->A fetch quests I know have A->B->C->A). I get to these guys' fort, slaughter them all and locate the child. I engage in conversation with her:

Scroll to 11 mins for the emotional engaging resolution:

Pure fucking :retarded:, both the quest and the faggy larper that made the video.

It's this industrialized, canned quest design and execution that I hate the most in Bethesdurr games. At least without voice acting and facial animashun, I could read this as something more than this crap they make. Remake this same quest with NWN, using the same lines, and it wouldn't be this bad.

Enjoyed it for the first thirty hours, then went to play other shit, came back a week later and figured there was nothing for me there. The quests are linear as fuck, and apparently exist in their own little bubble, since there's nary an impact of what you've done reflected in the game itself. I can't name five characters, and those that I can don't have any personality (There's Lydia and she's... A packing mule who knows how to use a sword, I guess) and there's still the same five fucking voice actors for 600 characters (and Colonel Tigh, but I got bored before I met him again).

Mediocre stuff. Not bad, but anyone who prefers this over New Vegas should be beaten with baseball bats and left to die in the desert. /edgy

funkadelik

Arcane
Meant to say it was mediocre and nothing could save it, but alas I am drunk and cannot into poll choices. The only thing Skyrim had was the Viking setting. Everything else was shit.

meh

Educated
... is mediocre, nothing could possibly redeem it.

I play it from time to time, but I usually ragequit/quit out of boredom after 1-2 quests or several times during a dungeon. I've tried various mods, but still... Also, I even reduced the difficulty to the Novice, but fuck me, some enemies still take dozens of hits until they die...

Bahamut

Arcane

I play it from time to time, but I usually ragequit/quit out of boredom after 1-2 quests or several times during a dungeon. I've tried various mods, but still... Also, I even reduced the difficulty to the Novice, but fuck me, some enemies still take dozens of hits until they die...

What? :retarded: i just one hit/combo all with elemental fury

meh

Educated

What? :retarded: i just one hit/combo all with elemental fury

He probably ran into one of the harder (e.g. north-western) dungeons early on. You can run into wights and deathlords at lvl 1 in said areas.
I just probably have shit items even though I am 36 level. Full set of glass armor + Mace of Molag Bar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom