Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex PnP

oscar

Arcane
What nationality and side are we on? Just for names, languages, appearance, etc

EmoBunny

Savant
OSS operatives, it'll be in early '44. You can be any Allied nationality that you'd like.

Also it should be noted that languages could play a large part in this campaign so it might be wise for everyone to invest a couple points in French and/or German.

Damn, can't believe I missed this.

Edit: Or maybe it's not too late to join (if there are not too many players already)?

L'ennui

Magister
Acquiring GURPS books NAO.

Looking at what's available, one really has to admire this system's versatility.

I'll let you know if I run into any problems during character creation, EmoB.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Does any one want to collaborate on character concepts or just show up and see what we got?

EmoBunny

Savant
So, I want to watch this unfold.
Where would I log on?

Hmmm, considering we won't be using a virtual tabletop, at least at the start, not much to watch. I suppose I could look into streaming on twitch.tv for codexers interested in watching.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So, I want to watch this unfold.
Where would I log on?

Hmmm, considering we won't be using a virtual tabletop, at least at the start, not much to watch. I suppose I could look into streaming on twitch.tv for codexers interested in watching.
Actually, here's what I suggest (this is also good for keeping track of things and having journals always updated):

Make an in-game topic either here or at the Playground (and inform people to keep their shit out of it), and start working on your prose. The big advantage of internet PnP is that you have a lot more time to dedicate to your character's inner workings and psychology, and a topic is very good for this. And it allows the curious fellows to follow what's happening, and for those who care to brush up on their writing skills.

Severian Silk

How many character points are we limited to? Disadvantage points?

And, which version of GURPS are we playing? Version 3 or 4?

edit

Shall we call ourselves THE BAND OF BROS?

edit

Does any one want to collaborate on character concepts or just show up and see what we got?
I'll probably need some help as this is my first ever PnP session. I have the GURPS Lite PDF open in front of me.

Damn, can't believe I missed this.

Edit: Or maybe it's not too late to join (if there are not too many players already)?

I hate to do this, but I think I'm already getting bogged down with the amount of players. Stick around though, in case someone drops out or something.
No problem, I too think you already have enough on your plate for now. Hopefully there will be some kind of after-action report here for the rest of us.

EmoBunny

Savant
How many character points are we limited to? Disadvantage points?

And, which version of GURPS are we playing? Version 3 or 4?

edit

Shall we call ourselves THE BAND OF BROS?

edit

I'll probably need some help as this is my first ever PnP session. I have the GURPS Lite PDF open in front of me.

150 character points; Disadvantage limit of -75 points
Verison 4

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Are we meant to be elite special agents or just regular shmoes? Something you may want to consider is navy SEALS are on average 250 points.

EmoBunny

Savant
I was going for a bit grittier and less elite than something like SEALS; I think 150 is a good basis to start at.

Severian Silk

Are we meant to be elite special agents or just regular shmoes? Something you may want to consider is navy SEALS are on average 250 points.
Yes, but this is 1944, so I think some points need to be subtracted.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So I'm thinking my character will be a sniper/scout (read: a redneck from Missouri who's a good shot with a rifle).

So even though we were told specifically language would be important, I'm not planning on putting any points into language skills :troll:

I hope my bros can back me up.

Severian Silk

I was thinking on creating an explosives expert with hearing loss and a club foot.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
In regards to disadvantages, will you allow us things that are already inherent to the campaign? ie. Enemy (Nazi Germany); Secret (Ally Spy); Duty (Allies)

What about social advantages and disadvantages? Would "Wealth" or Independent Income matter at all? I'm assuming contacts are okay? Do we need to take advantages like military rank and patron, or do we just forego that?

In regards to disadvantages, will you allow us things that are already inherent to the campaign? ie. Enemy (Nazi Germany); Secret (Ally Spy); Duty (Allies)

What about social advantages and disadvantages? Would "Wealth" or Independent Income matter at all? I'm assuming contacts are okay? Do we need to take advantages like military rank and patron, or do we just forego that?
Oh man, is EmoBunny going to regret starting directly with GURPS. Anyway, here is my advice for him regarding character creation, and maybe he can find something of use in it.

Everyone should probably have either Extremely Hazardous Duty and Secret (spy) or Duty and Enemy (ze Germans - because secret will get replaced by enemy if it ever gets out). But, since everyone must start with these disadvantages, they should probably not count against the -75 limit.

Wealth and Income should be ok up to a point. Maybe wealth is part of your cover story after all. I would be wary of reduced wealth as a disadvantage though - since patron will supply the equipment, it seem too much like free points. But again, maybe as a part of a cover story it could work. Contacts are more then ok - you are a spy, right? So is a reasonable military rank. Patron is also a must - EmoBunny should probably design patron, secret, enemy and duty for everyone.

I am definitely going to keep an eye on this campaign.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's not GURPS if you don't have superwarrior one-armed, one-legged, one-eyed, berserk midgets with gigantism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom