Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Codex Machete Squad: FOnline 2 Clan Thread

Redeye

Arcane
Forgot Necro, also forgot the NCR respawn.

kryminator: probably about 60k of it.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Came across an abandoned hospital while out on a stroll. Nearly filled my cap with medical supplies, but also found a curious artifact; T51b Power Armor Manual -- A technical repair manual on the T-51b Power Armor. Do we still have that broken set around anywhere? B)

9pp8cx.jpg

kryminator

Augur
I encountered that hospital earlier and brought that T51b manual to bunker but I doubt it will work with our power armor in any way. Nevertheless it worth trying.

Did you manage to open elevator in that hospital?

St. Toxic

Arcane
Did you manage to open elevator in that hospital?

I don't think it opens mango. And the manual is only a novelty item afaik. Here's another sweet haul:

3359kdh.jpg

Traded my nearly broken laser rifle and 150 power cells for 9 stims + all those mats. And to top it off, swiped the brotherhood armor from under their noses. B)

Last edited:
Regarding bases, do you think that many are overkill for a small group like ours? We usually don't have more than four people on at once, so that precludes most of the TC events/locations. And we'll give poor Yuri a stroke supplying all those. Outside of the ones we have now outside of SF and Sierra, I think we only need one around the Glow and maybe one between V15 and Necropolis; I think the rest of the cash would be better served purchasing blueprints we don't have and crafting materials to make, for example, 50 Assault Rifles and then cherry-picking the ones with bonuses (and then breaking down the rest/selling them). Right now we typically pack lightly, which is fine for scavenging, but when running into other factions we're often outgunned because they're better equipped (setting aside the fact they use builds with extreme PvP focus). In the few instances I've managed to kill a couple in the caves, they've always had AP bonus armor and/or AP reduced weapons, or if its smaller pistols as their specialty, high critical roll/chance bonuses. And if we had more of the better equipment, it would be less of a concern were we to lose it, instead of doing necro runs in plain leather armor and hoping no one is around.

Redeye

Arcane
Yeah, we would get greater utility from superior gear to use on a concentration of missions.

I was just being megalomaniacal.

I can deploy my barterscavs everywhere by tent.

I will eventually set up Machete Global Envelopment, just maybe not right away.

ironyuri

Yeah, we would get greater utility from superior gear to use on a concentration of missions.

I was just being megalomaniacal.

I can deploy my barterscavs everywhere by tent.

I will eventually set up Machete Global Envelopment, just maybe not right away.

I want to set up at the very least spawn-point bases (which would need to be larger purely for parking spaces).

If you're in game in 1.5 hours I'll add you to the faction and we can start setting it up. If you want me to crack on and set up bases, drop some of the caps into the safe at the Gas Station base and I'll fire ahead with it later this evening.

I think the most important thing right now is to have a main base on the Modoc/Redding/Reno spawn-zone for parking: this is important b/cos gecko skins for caps, high grade steel, Sierra dungeon (and caves).

Another important base would be the spawn north of JT between JT and NCR as a mid-point for travel from Hub/Boneyard base to Sierra or San Fran. Finally a small Glow parking base would probably be useful.

As for all the rest, probably won't need those for a short while.

I was going to set up a Trader's Camp at Modoc/Redding etc for parking and storage. A small base like desert house north of JT / between JT-NCR. And probably a bunker base or something like basement ruins near Glow for parking.

At the moment that would cost minimum 100+40+30 or 100+40+80k.

PM me later if you're still on so I can add you into Faction for faction chat.

kryminator

Augur
I don't think it opens mango.
Yep, someone wrote on Polish thread that he got info from devs and the loot in hospital is only on the surface, no basement or higher floors.

And the manual is only a novelty item afaik.
In the same thread it is written that someone sold that shit for big amount of caps, so maybe we should try to sell those manuals.

Redeye

Arcane
In the same thread it is written that someone sold that shit for big amount of caps, so maybe we should try to sell those manuals.

Perhaps the manuals will be in a quest for BoS/Enclave, or something.

kryminator

Augur
Stumbled upon this while looking on FOnline2 forum someone who would buy my buffout BP:
Topcraft%20-%2030.11.14%20-%20by%20Fass.png

more info here

So it looks like that manuals have their use.

Another interesting informations (there are rumors that there will be engineer achievement - you need to eat all BP to get it)

Last edited:

Redeye

Arcane
Is Fonline2 down?

Goddammit.

I can't load the forum or connect to the game. Every other site works, and it is listed as UP.
FFS

Update: works again.

I wonder what happened.

Last edited:

kryminator

Augur
Hunger Games The Cave Edition Event

previous Hunger Games wasn't really interesting because they were in RT so I didn't even followed it, but this time it looks more promising:
Friday 20:00 - 23:00 (server time): test rounds (will be announced via server message).
Saturday afternoon/evening (server time): test rounds (will be announced via server message).
Saturday 21:00 (server time): 1st round: RT, 2nd round (optional) TB.
Sunday 21:00 (server time): 1st round: TB, 2nd round (optional) RT.

Last edited:

Redeye

Arcane
Now at 600,000 caps.

Add SwinglineRed to SF Respawn base so I can drop them off.

Also: the day before yesterday I found a dead member of the Rogues ("Jay Jay") by the secondary exit to NCR.
2 High Grade Steel and 20k caps :)
His alt was 3 seconds behind me.

Kalin, Ironyuri

Last edited:

Redeye

Arcane
Do we have any thieves?

"Strelok" in Hub Car Park, north behind the building.
Look at this:

vh5tMIJ.jpg

Thief Alt registration in 3....2....1...

edit: there is a fucking guard hidden off-screen near that car...

Update: Strelok now has 120k caps.
Maybe I should kill him. If the guard is hidden off screen, he may not be able to retrieve his loot.

Last edited:

Redeye

Arcane
What indignities can you heap on someone's corpse, anyway? Do they even have teabagging in this game?

Also, I have another question: Can you still do the pickpocketing live explosives thing? How much damage do explosives cause and how big is the area of effect?

Bombs disabled in Hub/Junktown, don't know about VC.

I think you can still reverse-pickpocket bombs.

Damage is high and standard- Traps skill is for detection and disarming (and vs it).

Redeye

Arcane
Update: took 10 trips due to paranoia, but got 700,000 or so caps to Gas Station Base.
Now we have 840,000 caps, ho ho ho!

If we can resist using them for a few days we can have a nice screenshot of a million caps!

Also dropped off a bunch of materials, robes, and crap.
I hope you like cords.

Also 214 glowy-bottles to use in decorations.

500-600 more available upon request.

ironyuri

I haven't been online as often lately because I started a new job, will try to be more active this weekend.

Redeye

Arcane
These are the areas you're not allowed to fight in, yes?

If someone fails to disarm their bomb and blows up, will he damage you if you don't get out of the way?

1. You can still fight, but the guards will insta-kill you.

I assume so.

Don't know.

St. Toxic

Arcane
25exyqf.jpg

Getting ready to cross the red line in Sierra lvl 2. Those boxes aren't worth getting minigunned over, there's just a bunch of crafting mats in there. As for the armory, with the legendary implants and tier 4 equipment, further south on the map, presumably you need to invest 200k into a keycard of sorts. Still, pretty successful for a 2-man op; wager we could do this as a group, though don't know for sure if armory is worth it at this point. CJP has the details.

Norfleet

How many miniguns are there? What's the cost of being minigunned? How many people can be minigunned at once? If someone expendable were to moth the line, would that temporarily clear the way?

Redeye

Arcane
Can miniguns be broken by Jinxed (eventually)? (Bombed?)
Can the red line be bombed?
Can we drop containers in the way?

haraw

Educated
I managed to level up a bit my char and familiarize myself with the game. Soloing dungeons is damn hard barring the lowlevel places like necropolis and raider quest etc. I would love to join you guys.

Charname is Wolfshit and build is sg sniper (well, without a sniper that is), 'cause old habits die hard. Probably going to play today for some time, so when can i catch you up?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom