Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Gaming

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Uh, anybody plays Flatout?

dagorkan

Arbiter
If anybody wants to play Coop Myth 2 but doesn't have the game I can PM you a link to a direct download. You can't buy it in shops, there's no corporate support and the developers wouldn't get a penny of it anyway.

Surgey

Scholar
I wouldn't mind some Doom 1/2 deathmatch or coop. Perhaps some SNES games, as well. SNES9x has an online feature, and I can easily obtain most ROMs.

Hmmm... some of these other games sound fun. The older the better, because they're easier to... obtain. I can acquire almost anything, but stuff with copy protection makes it a little more difficult. Maybe we could play some Quake 2 Coop?

While I'm at it, anybody up for some UFO2000 multiplayer?

the capcom D&D game is pretty cool.

OH GOD, Shadow of Mystara is SO GOOD! I vote this! WinKawaks has an online play feature, as well. I can put the rom up if anybody needs it.

I also vote Freelancer. Good fun game.

As for Doom Source ports, JDoom and Doom Legacy aren't bad.

LAST EDIT: Actually, this is just a suggestion, but we could play some Aliens vs. Predator 2. A good game, and it's fun to play with other people. It's a Lithtech engine thing, sadly, and there's no coop, but the multiplayer is fun, regardless.

Fez

Erudite
How is UFO2000 multiplayer then? I know it's not (or meant to be) a perfect implementation of the original gameplay.

AvP2 multiplayer had some big flaws I heard, like loopholes that allowed easy cheating. I don't know if it was patched. It looks more like the kind of game that would be great if you could get big teams. Alien swarms vs. a marine squad, etc.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Cthulhu, me... suibhne? Who else?

What do you want to do? Challenge other teams, coop campaign (not necessarily the default campaign)? Can any of you host? I think I should be able to but I have to look into my internet configuration.

dagorkan

Arbiter
What times can you play?

I've wanted to play Scourge of Belial for a while. Otherwise the TFL campaign would be good, haven't played that for a while.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I have Freelancer and can play. It is a fun game for exploration. It would be really fun to get a Codex Convoy going, a couple people flying freighters the rest flying fighters :)

Fez

Erudite
Would the difficulty or the mods allow the fun that really should be there for that kind of thing in multiplayer? It be great to see a big fleet jump in, rather than the puny pirates you swat down in vanilla every five minutes.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I don't know, I only played Vanilla but it was only with two other people so it was still fairly difficult (I was flying the freighter). Then again, that was a long time ago.

I really remember loving the graphics and music in Freelancer.

By the way, I think I'm one of the only people who own Starlancer.

edit- Sheek can you PM me that link?

psycojester

Arbiter
Yeah i'm up for that any chance of us playing at a time that isn't brutal to the East coast of Australia?

Surgey

Scholar
Well, UFO2000 is pretty cool. Lots of different weapon and soldier options (including aliens). If anybody wants to play, I can post the UFO and TFTD games so you can use the graphic sets from them. I haven't actually played it with anybody else yet, because they're being huge faggots, but it's cool. It can take a while to get setup, especially if you don't have a squad set up before a game (luckily you can save presets), but it's kind of neat. The armor system is different from XCom, and there are no medkits, but largely it's the same; taking cover, shooting, reaction fire, etc. You can pick from lots of armors and a TON of weapons, too. Lots of explosives...

There's no sectopods or tanks yet, though. :\

It even has different objectives besides "deathmatch." there's one where your leader has to escape.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Surgey said:
I know RapidShare sucks, but blech. You might have to wait an hour between downloads.
Not necessarily.
Use this link to get rid of your cookie, then disconnect/reconnect.
For me the process (including link loading time) takes less than two minutes.

(Doesn't work if you have a static IP with your provider, obviously. Works nicely with my ADSL connection)

Daedalus_

Novice
Freelancer

I'll have FL in ~1-2h, so count me in.
Are you going to play vanilla, or modded?

Haven't been around lancersreactor.com for few years but Argh's toolkit was good IIRC, evolutions was great too.

Joined #fallout, but this IRC thing is new to me, and i don't know how to PM anyone :)

Calis

Pensionado
How playable is Freelancer with mouse? I always found a good joystick a must for the Wing Commander series (in fact, I broke three joysticks over that series + Tie Fighter)

Daedalus_

Novice
Freelancer has no joystick support AFAIK :lol:

some guys tried to make a joystick mod/hack, but the game just isn't designed to be played with joystick

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom