Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Clockwork Revolution - inXile's steampunk time travel first-person action-RPG led by Chad Moore and Jason Anderson

bobocrunch

Educated
shocked that these 2 steampunkwhatever games working off victorian motifs are similar

Last edited:

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
The stealing culture and technology through science-fuckery bit was also from Bioshock, just replace time-travel with dimension hopping.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Funny that InXile is allowed to make a crazy time travel steampunk RPG while Obsidian will spend the next ~5 years shoveling out mediocre Skyrim derivatives.
Someone at Microsoft clearly recognizes the differing qualities of InXile and Obsidian. :smug:

vWqQGSr.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I think this has a chance of being good, but I know that's too much to hope for.

Goddamn InXile, you're really going to compete with a console game that came out a decade ago.

1686548560996.png

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This is why you should never give a fuck about Big Name Developers. Especially those that had a bit of luck 20 years ago.

Fargus

Arcane
At least it's not Arcanum 2. *breath of relief*

Let them make whatever degenerate steampunk turd with niggers and trannies they want. Nobody will remember it after a few years. Even better if it flops hard.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
This looks dangerously close to Bioshlock: Infinity. Not a fan.

I wonder how the clockwork robots work. Magic? Or maybe they will never adress it, like always.
Remember Syberia games? "Here's a setting in not-quite-our-world. Here's a sentient clockwork robot sidekick. No, we will never explain how it works. We will never discuss it. Please, get excited about mammoths instead."

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why must everything look so cartoony with oversaturated colors? I don't need top realism, but why not use natural lighting at least to make the world more believable? Every game presented so far has this fakeness to it. Maybe it's the fault of the Unreal engine, I don't know.

Ryzer

Arcane
By the way the trailer showed no RPG system to speak of. Simply nothing.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The Felipe take https://twitter.com/felipepepe/status/1668121799064981505
Unsure how much is imitation, how much is just the limits of mainstream Steampunk aesthetics. A lot of Clockwork Revolution also looks like Dishonored.

IMHO, what really stands out in this comparison is how BioShock's art direction is far more interesting and coherent.

Considering what an utterly wasteful perfectionist tyrant Levine was about it, Infinite damn well ought to look significantly better. A lot of people toiled over that art.

MartinK

Learned
Steampunk + timetravel. One chance to make steampunk right! No cogshit, real science and real technology and the hands of 19th century barbarians. That could give us an oportunity for some real exploration! Which pieces of victorian society and aesthetics were geniune choices and which were born out of the technological limitations of the time. But instead we get the same crap as always.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom