Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Clockwork Revolution - inXile's steampunk time travel first-person action-RPG led by Chad Moore and Jason Anderson

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looked good to me. Then Inxile always struck me as a Obsidian without all the Bollux.

I said this about inXile a few years ago, back when they were producing flop after flop:

Compare Pillars of Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera - two games that started out with similar budgets, two games that many Codexers think had bad, incoherent design and leadership. Yet it's clear that pound-for-pound, Obsidian's developers out-programmed, out-artisted, out-scripted inXile every step of the way.

inXile just really need to reach that minimum level of production quality before they can even begin thinking about producing "masterpieces". They don't have a grasp on the basics at the moment.

Microsoft money - it's not everything, but it helps!

Fearlessjay

Novice
Torment TIdes of Numerera has to have a fascinating behind the scenes documentary somewhere. It was easily the worst of all the Kickstarter games. I still haven't been able to play it more then a hour and I play any old shite. Edited because I forgot Underworld Ascension. That was so bad I took the collectors edition and hang it up to remind meself about the worst thing I ever brought after the Ultima 9 collected edition.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Chad Moore × Jason Anderson will do what Tim Cain × Leonard Boyarsky didn't, I believe.

At this point I no longer trust prestigious BI/Troika names alone, TOW burned me that badly. Sometimes the lightning those guys caught in a bottle back in the day was because of a fluke or due to a billion impossible to recreate circumstances that have since changed.

Setting also has massive potential for [current year] messages. I'll watch it closely, but I expect disappointment as it sounds like one of those too hard to pull off concepts. And inXile doesn't have a good track record (Wastelands 2 and 3 were decent and that's it, then again compared to TOW...).

Last edited:

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Wasteland 2+3, Bard's Tale IV and Numanuma all had stats. It's just they made terrible use of them

and IIRC none had synergies between attributes and skills, since InXile has always aimed at casuals

Delterius

Arcane
i'm not necessarily interested but i think that inxile punched above their weight, while obsidian punched well below what should be their weight. a bunch of studios announcing and teasing games with cutscenes while inxile at least makes it clear they are making a time travelling first person shooter (rpg?) that probably clones itself from that second bioshock i also don't care about

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The graphics is the only thing I can ascertain from this video, and the graphics look like shit. Semi-fortnite, semi- that game with people with happy masks that I didn't play. Kinda disgusting that the graphics are getting worse and worse with years. This is literally a civilizational decline right before our eyes.

Ryzer

Arcane
It's ironic that the Russians pushed the only new original universe since years in Atomic Heart. And it looks far better than this tripe.
Meanwhile america releases trash after trash, turns out the communists were right in the end.

Last edited:
rLStp4Z.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Outer Worlds also took some inspiration from BioShock Infinite's visuals. I believe Leonard Boyarsky is a fan. The entire Troika crew vibes with that aesthetic, I guess.

DemonKing

Arcane
Thought that was the best trailer released today...looks intriguing.

Loved some of the art design like the guy on a treadmill being carried around town by a couple of small mechs - makes no sense given if you want the exercise you might as well just walk and if you want to be carried around you usually don't want to do the walking yourself...but fun nevertheless.

Takamori

Learned
Wasteland 3 was pretty nice for me, the dlc content was utter dogshite.
As long they dont treat it like their dlc it should be a good game to play?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom