Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

It's definitely faster but its hard to tell whether its faster due to baseline optimizations or because the game is killing off characters faster (both literally by disease and by culling useless courtiers).

There have always been frequent waves of "minor" diseases washing over the fair shores of Eurasia in CK2. Now we receive updates about them.

Starwars

Arcane
Dear RPG Codex,

My CK2 character is a homosexual dwarf, how can I go about breeding him?

Thanks

/ Starwars

Got mine, but unless I can figure out how to get Geheimnisnacht running on it (or someone else does, or they release a small update) I probably won't try it for a while (or maybe not, sometimes I play unmodded anyway to try out stuff).

According to the Geheimnisnact team the fix for the bug causing crashes in the mod wasn't included in the patch. No development in the meantime while we wait for Paradox to get their shit together. :roll:

-> Convert to paganism -> Raid -> Visit the rape dungeon for all the Strong/Lustful wimminz you have looted from abroad.
Does the actual game have any form of active rape?

The best kind, you kidnap Queens/Princesses for your sex dungeon and return to install your bastard sons to their rightful thrones.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
And I'm not quite sure where to even start with if I'd try to hammer it together to get the current version of Gnacht working on 2.6.x, crashes real fast on start-up and error log is leaving me only confused.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Ho-ho-holy shit this DLC kills the shit out of everyone.

I think I'm falling in love with CK2 again after so many disappointing additions (The ability to disable DPs and Shattered Retreat without modding helps)

Turrul

Augur
Kills the shit out of everyone? Please explain :)

DLC is about epidemics and lots of sickness. It's actually pretty smooth move, you add content while making the game faster since the game keeps culling everybody, especially those useless courtiers.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eu4 is still the best because Johan is developing on it and it shows.
You mean the guy who tries hard to balance the singleplayer game for multiplayer?
rating_lulz.gif
Yup, it shows alright.

Had half my King's family killed off including all of his heirs except for one girl by a smallpox epidemic.
I always close gates when an epidemics appears in the capital province. So far nobody died in my family but my waifu.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Having loads of fun with CK2 again, for the first time in a long while. Everything seems to be working well right off the bat. I'm only getting minor problems: dead courtiers ("vanished without a trace") appearing in my court occasionally, and the Pope launching a crusade on the easternmost kingdom in India when there are targets closer to Europe. Some people will argue that the mortality rate of epidemics is too high, but at least this throws another spanner in the player's works, preventing him from planning everything out, and always getting good rulers living into their 60s.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
They added Theuderic, the son of the last Merovingian king, to the game and he's got a claim on Francia. I guess someone started a faction to back his claim and he deposed Charlemagne like 8 months into my first game. It was pretty cool.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Two surprising observations: The DLC is only 9.99 and not 14.99 like Conclave which didn't add much more and Steam reviews are at 98% shortly after release. Quite unexpected.

Whisky

The Solution
Eu4 is still the best because Johan is developing on it and it shows.
You mean the guy who tries hard to balance the singleplayer game for multiplayer?
rating_lulz.gif
Yup, it shows alright.

Had half my King's family killed off including all of his heirs except for one girl by a smallpox epidemic.
I always close gates when an epidemics appears in the capital province. So far nobody died in my family but my waifu.

That helps, but it's not perfect and I've had plenty of events about people inside the gates showing symptoms and being asked to toss them out or not.

Also, sometimes you'll get food shortage events or guilt about abandoning the peasants.

Having loads of fun with CK2 again, for the first time in a long while. Everything seems to be working well right off the bat. I'm only getting minor problems: dead courtiers ("vanished without a trace") appearing in my court occasionally, and the Pope launching a crusade on the easternmost kingdom in India when there are targets closer to Europe. Some people will argue that the mortality rate of epidemics is too high, but at least this throws another spanner in the player's works, preventing him from planning everything out, and always getting good rulers living into their 60s.

I have one issue that came up, it's not so bad this game because I don't intend to DEUS VULT the holy land (Especially since Spain is all Muslim and a better target...) but some of the counties around Galilee are empty, gray spaces and the display is glitchy when I click on them, showing it being owned by someone who is long dead.

Last edited:

Starwars

Arcane
My Lunatic character appointed a horse as Chancellor. Was funny. Of course, the fun wears off when it happens again...

Definitely enoying the game a lot. The optimization were real nice.

Whisky

The Solution
Hah, I love getting an incompetent Physician.

My King had abdominal pains and diarrhea. The Physician said he had measles.

Eventually I'm given the choice to try an experimental treatment which I accept. He then saws my King's leg off.

I returned the favor shortly after.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Oh no, my son died! Oh no, my backup heir died! Oh no, my dynasty is fucked!

This is awesome, probably the best expansion after the Old Gods. The game finally feels dangerous again. I can't lay out 200-year plans anymore because something always throws a wrench in them now. Plus, you can change a bunch of default settings to make the game harder. I decreased diplomatic range and made the Mongol invasions random, and probably some other stuff too. Too gatdam good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom