Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Actually the conversion-by-daughter method was used a lot against Muslims (to little success, obviously).

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Did anyone have a chance to test the new conversion mechanic? I heard that you can now choose to voluntary convert once in a ruler's lifetime. I'm curious if you can do it from the intrigue options or have to wait for some special event and what the conversion options are.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

kronar.png

Did anyone have a chance to test the new conversion mechanic? I heard that you can now choose to voluntary convert once in a ruler's lifetime. I'm curious if you can do it from the intrigue options or have to wait for some special event and what the conversion options are.
it's an intrigue button.

So, uh... religious unrest can be pretty hardcore. Don't let your religious authority drop below 40.

Mqia3NP.jpg

Each of these provinces has 50-60% revolt risk. And from a cursory look at the files, the revolt risk is permanent until your Religious Authority gets back above 75%. And the rebels aren't even religious rebels who would help convert you to a stable religion, they just take over your land but keep the revolt risk going so that you have to fight rebels rebelling against rebels while you try to retake land already stolen by rebels.

Last edited:

anus_pounder

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne is there some easy way of adjusting the -/+ modifiers for the AI's decision making? I'd forgotten how much of a headache it is trying to find a wife as pagan because of the insane 'must not marry infidel' mod.
I took a quick look, but haven't found anything yet.

The modifier actually makes very little sense anyway (alliance mechanics aside, that'd be problematic), given how one of the primary tactics of conversion was chucking tactically educated wives at the infidels.

Is there a way to just straight up remove the mod altogether?

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Am I the only one who thinks the next DLC will be about Steppe Nomads? With the map extended they got most steppe nomads in-game already, its high-time they made them different mechanics, as in newer EU games. Steppe Nomads were quite the important factor in Eurasia, can't despict the time properly without them.

Also, I can't believe they left the Kara-Khitai out of the game. :decline:
I'm not sure how they're going to accommodate migratory peoples in a game that's themed around the concept of feudalism. I mean, of course they can treat the steppe tribes as they do the Ilkhanate, Golden Horde, or Timurids, but those examples are after the tribes started settling. They implement them as mini-invasions, similar to the adventurers that were introduced in an earlier patch.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Am I the only one who thinks the next DLC will be about Steppe Nomads? With the map extended they got most steppe nomads in-game already, its high-time they made them different mechanics, as in newer EU games. Steppe Nomads were quite the important factor in Eurasia, can't despict the time properly without them.

I'm not sure how they're going to accommodate migratory peoples in a game that's themed around the concept of feudalism. I mean, of course they can treat the steppe tribes as they do the Ilkhanate, Golden Horde, or Timurids, but those examples are after the tribes started settling. They implement them as mini-invasions, similar to the adventurers that were introduced in an earlier patch.

They managed to accomodate migratory peoples (north american tribes) in EUIV Conquest of the New World, didn't they?

Also, Timur and Seljuk are now in-map and appear as characters before they go on their machete raping sprees. I have a feeling they introduced diplomatic range so that people could't just dispatch armies of Lithuanian Hitman on Timur's ass the moment he pops up.

Hm, interesting. Is it possible to stop their invasion by assassination or sudden death? Or is the event still tied to date?

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

They managed to accomodate migratory peoples (north american tribes) in EUIV Conquest of the New World, didn't they?

Also, Timur and Seljuk are now in-map and appear as characters before they go on their machete raping sprees. I have a feeling they introduced diplomatic range so that people could't just dispatch armies of Lithuanian Hitman on Timur's ass the moment he pops up.

Hm, interesting. Is it possible to stop their invasion by assassination or sudden death? Or is the event still tied to date?
If you're lucky, the state will fragment. But in my case, a Mogol "duke" became the new Khan (he had much lower martial skill, so it was worth it). I'm not sure if you can assassinate before the doom stacks actually appear on the map and start conquering (probably not).

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I took a quick look, but haven't found anything yet.

The modifier actually makes very little sense anyway (alliance mechanics aside, that'd be problematic), given how one of the primary tactics of conversion was chucking tactically educated wives at the infidels.

Is there a way to just straight up remove the mod altogether?

"As of patch 2.02, you can marry between religion groups. You just have to go the religions.txt file and mod in the "intermarry = x religion" line. In my mod, I was able to marry my heirs to christian princes/princesses."

I tried it, and while it does nothing to the negative modifier (4, or even 5 isn't it?), if you're bestest pals with the filthy heathen it does seem to work. Would require more testing to be sure, but iirc before the miscreants just flat out refused even if you had relationship in the 90's.

Renegen

Arcane
I started a new game and I just had to try to get some Steam achievements but there's a problem, Ironman has way too much loading screens, the game auto-saves every month and there's nothing to do about it! I went on the forums but there's way too many children whining that their enjoyment is somehow diminished by someone possibly cheating in ironman if it saved once a year or more. The only solution they said was to have a PC upgrade.

Is there anything else that works to diminish the auto-saving in Ironman? Anything is betterr than staring at a loading icon 50% of the time.

Each of these provinces has 50-60% revolt risk.

They accidentally added a 0. It's meant to be 5%.

:paradox:

This kills the AI...
LLUfIHc.jpg

I started a new game and I just had to try to get some Steam achievements but there's a problem, Ironman has way too much loading screens, the game auto-saves every month and there's nothing to do about it! I went on the forums but there's way too many children whining that their enjoyment is somehow diminished by someone possibly cheating in ironman if it saved once a year or more. The only solution they said was to have a PC upgrade.

Is there anything else that works to diminish the auto-saving in Ironman? Anything is betterr than staring at a loading icon 50% of the time.

Steam Achievements are Serious Fucking Business Holy Shit™.

Could try making a Ramdisk or something, but it might by CPU limited anyway. Best of ignoring it IMO.[/img][/spoiler]

anus_pounder

Arcane
So apparently the game has an auto-recommend feature for when you select guardians. Which is nice, but for some reason if I decide to deliberately choose a non-recommended as the child's guardian the game automatically gives them to the recommended guardian or - I'm assuming if the guy/gal isn't available - gives them no guardian! wtf?

oscar

Arcane
Is the "straighten out" function working for you guys in regards to decadent family members? It claims I can't as I have "already negotiated".

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
For some reason after the patch, I always encounter a runtime error when the maps are being loaded. I tried verifying, deleting gfx folder, reinstalling but nothing works. What do bros?

Renegen

Arcane
Steam Achievements are Serious Fucking Business Holy Shit™.

Could try making a Ramdisk or something, but it might by CPU limited anyway. Best of ignoring it IMO.[/img][/spoiler]
Yeah, I think it's the last game with that feature on.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
So apparently the game has an auto-recommend feature for when you select guardians. Which is nice, but for some reason if I decide to deliberately choose a non-recommended as the child's guardian the game automatically gives them to the recommended guardian or - I'm assuming if the guy/gal isn't available - gives them no guardian! wtf?

Hasn't happened to me, and I've replaced the default guardian with both myself and NPCs. What happens if you go through the child's diplomacy screen afterwards to change it again?

anus_pounder

Arcane

Hasn't happened to me, and I've replaced the default guardian with both myself and NPCs. What happens if you go through the child's diplomacy screen afterwards to change it again?

No luck. My assigned guardian sticks for a few days at the most (once, it switched back to the recommended guardian literally after I confirmed the selection of another guardian!). Apparently a guardian auto-filling the slot so you don't have manually click on the empty circle and make a selection is a feature, but the AI choice overriding your own personal choices a few days later is a bug. I think. I saw a few topics on the pdox forums about this including one in the bug section but no response from the devs yet.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This game's still broken. Sorry Paradox.
AI held Duchy title. I got 5/5 counties.
Can't usurp since holder is at war.
OK. I get it. I'll wait.
Mouseover.
Oh, Arpad vs Catholic Revolt. 98% Warscore.
Any time now....
Any time.....
10 fucking years later.
Still 98% Warscore.
I don't see any improvement in the AI.
It was funny seeing Khazaria fighting like 2 Religious Uprising at once and attempt to fend off Cumania. Only to end up being owned by some random Greek heir.
1/2 of Khazaria turned pink and became Doux of Cherson.

I can't go on. 2 hours of gaming seem wasted.
To say I was disappointed would be an over-statement.
I expected minor improvements. I saw none.
$15.00 saved since I see no interest in playing India.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom