Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civ goes hexagonal

Wild Slop

Arcane
All my previous 2nd guessing and squeamishness has been overshadowed.
They're kiling it
They are fucking killing Civ. Those bastards!
:lol:

This sort of behavior demands punishment (and at no charge too)

or maybe just loss of interest and allow it to die in a deserved sink into mediocrity and forgetfulness

Really not that upset or surprised ,just disappointed in something that had caught my eye
oh well

Fens

Ford of the Llies
khaaan.gif

trying to make me use software i don't want to use to be able to use software i do want to use, huh ?

crackers... please hurry up with this one

no, steam is not a good thing. it limits your access to stuff you've bought. if you're ok with this, you've been brainwashed. go away.

circ

Arcane
Civ has always been about as strategic as Stalin's left testicle. Now they're adding hexes. Whoopty doo. Why not just call it Civ 4.2, because I'm not seeing any changes warranting the V. In fact, Civ hasn't changed since Civ II. All 4 added were shitty shallow religions and new gfx.

And then this online shit. Jesus why. I tried GTA 4 and it had some Rockstar online shit and I got rid of it just for that, not that the horrible controls and performance helped either.

Fez

Erudite
Civ 2 was one of my favourite of the series. I still prefer Alpha Centauri though.

yaster

Liturgist
circ said:
Civ has always been about as strategic as Stalin's left testicle. Now they're adding hexes. Whoopty doo. Why not just call it Civ 4.2, because I'm not seeing any changes warranting the V. In fact, Civ hasn't changed since Civ II. All 4 added were shitty shallow religions and new gfx.

Remaking whole combat system is not enough to warrant sequel? Forcing one unit = one hex is not enough? Then what is? You just read "civ with hexes" and stopped there, didn't you?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Can't wait till I'll be blocking the whole Mexico with my single unit.

Also with those changes it isn't Civ anymore. Coupled with moronic DLC hitting even such niche genre as 4X I'm pretty sure they've also dumbed the game down (with Sid saying that they've used what they've learned from Civ Revolutions in this game - considering that Revolutions is a terrible dumbed down shit for consoles yet it sold well he probably learned that dumbed down shit sells).

Tails

Arbiter
Fez said:
Civ 2 was one of my favourite of the series. I still prefer Alpha Centauri though.
Try Test of Time Fez, it's basically improved Civ 2 with better AI and few other things, including graphics. Still Alpha Centauri is better.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I've always had trouble with the Civ series just because I can't wrap my head around the fact that it takes 50 years to build a catapult in that game, and 100+ years to conduct a war. The whole combat system was always so clunky and awkward and not very fun. Not even to mention losing a tank to crossbows because they had a +20% wall defense bonus

sheek

Arbiter
That was the whole fun of Civ4. Tactics beats pure power. Beating everybody because you happen to be ahead in technology wouldn't been fun.

Any case in Civ4 crossbows will never beat a tank unless you decided to attack on something like 5% health or save/reloaded 1000 times just so you'd have something to bitch about.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
sheek said:
That was the whole fun of Civ4. Tactics beats pure power. Beating everybody because you happen to be ahead in technology wouldn't been fun.

Any case in Civ4 crossbows will never beat a tank unless you decided to attack on something like 5% health or save/reloaded 1000 times just so you'd have something to bitch about.

P. much, although saving and reloading wont do much in Civ4 unless you've enabled random seed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom