Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Chris Avellone Arcanum LP

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I would love to see Tim Cain play some Troika game and give developer commentary.
Maybe he could sit in on one of these sessions.

Shiki

Learned
MCA might be a decent writer, but lord I know I wouldn't want him to design any game because it'd be at least Oblivion-level of dumbing down if not worse. It was really weird to see him being honest with a stranger he doesn't know anything about after his airship got attacked with everyone dying and him being the sole survivor x_x

If he is anything in the real world like the way he's roleplaying the character, I really have a lot of bridges to sell to that guy, and he'd probably buy them all! Fuck honesty man, you're not going to gain anything by acting like a decent human being.

I'll probably keep watching the next few videos because it's quite entertaining and gives quite the insight as to why the game industry became the way it is. He's the type of "gamer" who really needs the quest compass, dumbed down UI and limited skill sets and character creation.

And unfortunately, I have to admit that Arcanum to boot has quite a few problems with balance and if he can't figure it out for himself how to fit his character building with his playstyle he's in for some hell.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
All I know is that it's going to be great when he reaches BMC mines with his dumped combat stats. :avatard:

Shiki

Learned
All I know is that it's going to be great when he reaches BMC mines with his dumped combat stats. :avatard:

You can actually do pretty well with a non combat character, but you have to make the choice to turn your group into a small army and recruit as many npc as you can. At some point, the "diplomatic" character, once you get maxxed charisma and persuasion, can feel godlike with the army of lings following you around.

But you better not melee shit yourself.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

You can actually do pretty well with a non combat character, but you have to make the choice to turn your group into a small army and recruit as many npc as you can. At some point, the "diplomatic" character, once maxxed, can feel godlike with the army of lings following you around.
Yes, but I bet he'll only have Virgil, Sogg and Magnus. Also he'll probably be underleveled. And on turn-based mode. :M

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
WTF is this shit!?!

P.S. Anyone who trashes ARC's music is a peice of fukkin' shit!

P.S.S. Anyone who claims PST's combat wa sshit because of the IE iinstead of b/c of BIS FAIL is a moran!

P.S.S. Anyone who loathes elves is a-okay in my book - even if they are responsible for shit games like SOZ and AP.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

spr_n13384n_Muttley.gif

Captain Shrek

I am afraid to watch. Can't and don't want this Man to fail at anything.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Just making it passed the monsters will be good enough, but when he makes it to the really long trap-filled tunnel...Even better if nobody tells him to bring one of those exit scrolls and he has to walk it twice
:troll:

Lancehead

Liturgist
I really hope MCA is writing an elf companion in P:E. Would be nice to see all his "hatred" manifested in the character.

oscar

Arcane
Damn, I was better at this game when I was 11 years old then he is now.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I didn't read the manual either, 'cause the shitty budget sierra repackaging I got on sale just had a small pamphlet with how to install. And I wasn't nearly half as confused as saint MCA appears to be. I guess designing games for consoles rots your brainz :(

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The manual makes for some excellent reading. It is largely written in-character, consisting of these lovely little 19th century-style scientific essays on the races, creatures, technology and so forth, serving as a great introduction and complement to the setting.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So I've heard. That's what I get for buying the game for the equivalent of 4 jewroes in a bargain bin as a "classics" re-release label :P

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"consisting of these lovely little 19th century-style scientific essays on the races, creatures, technology and so forth"

ARC manual was overall fine, but those 'lovely little essay's were nothing more than written diahherra (or however that shtty word is spelled lol). They were gibberish and a waste of ink that added ZERO to the gaming experience.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
MCA might be a decent writer, but lord I know I wouldn't want him to design any game because it'd be at least Oblivion-level of dumbing down if not worse. It was really weird to see him being honest with a stranger he doesn't know anything about after his airship got attacked with everyone dying and him being the sole survivor x_x

If he is anything in the real world like the way he's roleplaying the character, I really have a lot of bridges to sell to that guy, and he'd probably buy them all! Fuck honesty man, you're not going to gain anything by acting like a decent human being.

I'll probably keep watching the next few videos because it's quite entertaining and gives quite the insight as to why the game industry became the way it is. He's the type of "gamer" who really needs the quest compass, dumbed down UI and limited skill sets and character creation.

And unfortunately, I have to admit that Arcanum to boot has quite a few problems with balance and if he can't figure it out for himself how to fit his character building with his playstyle he's in for some hell.
This is why Obsidian should make visual novels instead.

oscar

Arcane
"consisting of these lovely little 19th century-style scientific essays on the races, creatures, technology and so forth"

ARC manual was overall fine, but those 'lovely little essay's were nothing more than written diahherra (or however that shtty word is spelled lol). They were gibberish and a waste of ink that added ZERO to the gaming experience.

They set the Victorian-take-on-D&D theme of the game perfectly.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
MCA is quite a bad player for being a game designer and all that, is like he isn't even trying to understand what the UI is showing him... and he has absolutly no sense of direction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom