Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Chris Avellone and Project Eternity at Rezzed 2013

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
There is ONE inside wall.
of course. would look silly otherwise. Baldur's Gate is much smaller.

Liston

Augur
Most harbors, even today, are shaped like that in order to protect docked ships from big waves and tides. PE harbor have breakwaters while BG one is using its geographical location to protect the harbor. That being said they should have thought more about this and make something different even if it isn't authentic.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
A FORTIFIED CITY WITH A HARBOUR IS SIMILAR TO ANOTHER FORTIFIED CITY WITH A HARBOUR?

HOLY SHIT!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
They had Chris Avellone doing a presentation. But why the hell did they rush the man?

Lame organization.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
11oojL8.jpg

lyn1.png

Seriously, do all maps have to look alike now?

Bulba

Learned
they look alike?
similar artstile, but the maps are nothing alike, unless of course you think arfica looks like south america

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
You must be blind. In both cases, it's the same half continent surrounded by water on three sides and high mountains in the east. I remember when maps used to have a selection of many different islands (Might & Magic) or a place with a large internal sea (Wizardry 7 & 8) etc.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I bet that if i knew more of geography i could find wrong stuff on that map.

Lancehead

Liturgist
You must be blind. In both cases, it's the same half continent surrounded by water on three sides and high mountains in the east. I remember when maps used to have a selection of many different islands (Might & Magic) or a place with a large internal sea (Wizardry 7 & 8) etc.

I see more mountain ranges than in the east, and they're different in the two maps. The plains, woods, and river networks are also different. By your logic Greenland and Australia look the same because they're both islands.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I bet that if i knew more of geography i could find wrong stuff on that map.
the second one was made by somebody who doesn't have a clue and has water that would be flowing upwards in some places.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I see more mountain ranges than in the east, and they're different in the two maps. The plains, woods, and river networks are also different.

Oh wow, you actually found some minor differences. Good work.

Lancehead

Liturgist
I don't see how differences in what the maps are actually made of can be considered minor (one of the underpinnings of your claim is that the maps have a mountain range vaguely in the east, but when I point out more mountain ranges, suddenly they became minor details?). Meanwhile your comparison is more superficial than a fleeting glance can provide.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There are many factors, which decide if a RPG is good or bad. The shape of a map is not one of them.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
one of the underpinnings of your claim is that the maps have a mountain range vaguely in the east, but when I point out more mountain ranges, suddenly they became minor details?

The mountain ranges in both maps are actually very similar: a big one in the east, and another one at the coast. In both maps, the green is only between these two mountain ranges. And the overall shape is a half-continent surrounded by water on three sides...

Saying two maps that have nothing alike beside being near a coast are 'the same' is trolling. No discussions needed there.

Yeah, especially considering that nobody said they are 'the same', just very similar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom