Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choose your path to greatness, obscurity or death. A multiple choice LP

Baltika9

Arcane
3AC. Time to use our charisma.

Vernydar

Learned
Also on a side not can we attempt to return to our farm? to get that emblem our mother had?

To this I can answer. Kyoss does not remember ever seeing anything like that. Either his mother did not have the emblem anymore, or she hid it somewhere. But Kyoss never saw it

Baltika9

Arcane
Bros, what are the chances Irene is a mage and cast those thunderstorms we've been so worried about. And that she's a tranny?:incline:

Bloodshifter

Educated
24369676.jpg

This took me a long time to find but I think this captures
Bros, what are the chances Irene is a mage and cast those thunderstorms we've been so worried about. And that she's a tranny?:incline:

Baltika9

Arcane
Anways bros, another thing occurred to me. How about we get back with Kalz and learn to fight one-handed. A longsword will be too much to start with, yes, so how about a dagger or rapier? I mean, the character is already developing his agility and sword skills, so jumping on heavy armor+str+end will be less than optimal. And if we're really going commando, I foresee many situations where such a skill would come in handy. Also, let's go get a greatcoat. If it gets cold again, it'll keep us warm.
And how old is Irene, exactly?

Vernydar

Learned
Kyoss does not even KNOW what a rapier is, rapiers are not used here. If they exist at all of course. Keep in mind that the longsword is a one handed weapon anyway.You can sometimes use the second hand, but it is a one handed weapon.

I think I wrote it, but Irene is a few years older than you. But you do not know exactly how many, you have never asked.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Thomas went from being a nice old man, to.. sorta suspicious.

1. Ask him directly to know more, but dont push it.
B. Same thing, we build trust this way as well.
D. :M

We should mention Thomas to Medah, tell him hes been very nice to us and we are learning alot from him. I wonder if hell have anything to say about him.

Vernydar

Learned
To further specify, the rapier is a weapon that became popular in the seventeenth century, during the renaissance. It became popular because people stopped wearing armor inside cities. It is too light to be used effectively against an armored opponent.

It does not exist here, though it may very well exist elsewhere of course.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, in that case, learn how to fight with the longsword with one hand, exclusively.

Vernydar

Learned
Well, in that case, learn how to fight with the longsword with one hand, exclusively.

That is what you are doing already. No need to learn anything :P You CAN choose to use the second hand in a few maneuvers, like when pushing against opponenents, but that's it.

Vernydar

Learned
Wait, maybe there's some confusion because the word longsword (I have just read it up on wikipedia) is ambiguous. It was used through history for many types of swords

You are using a sword. It's a one handed weapon. The handle has space for ONE hand.
Then there is the bastard sword, which I believe is what you meant for longsword. It's a bit longer, and has a long handle. It can be used one or two-handed
And then there's the two-handed sword, which is very long and can ONLY be used two-handed.

You are using the plain sword, one handed weapon. Somethings like this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sword_parts.svg

And, there's no skill for the bastard sword, should you ever use it. If you use it one handed it uses the sword skill. Two handed, the two-handed sword skill

TOME

Cuckmaster General
3 - We don't want to seem too desperate.
C - Thomas do not know about this so let's not be the ones that tells him.
B/C - He might know something and this isn't Medah's secret.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Let's stop being a pansy, then, and get back to training.

It will take us longer to heal if we start practising now. The sword is probably so heavy that Kyoss has to use the other hand too to balance himself.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, but it'll be a useful skill. I'm not saying go all out here, and swing that thing around for half a day, everyday. A light exercise regiment, two hours a day, should keep us in shape, too, without taking up too much time. We have important things to do. By the way, you might have mentioned it before, Brornydar, but is there a skill decay system?

Baltika9

Arcane
Besides, we gotta be hardcore. Our lovely little waifu isn't going to settle for a limp-wristed, sag-bellied faggot.
A wounded arm? Hah, just a flesh wound.
monty-python-black-knight.jpg

Vernydar

Learned
Keep in mind that there's no antibiotics, no medicines, really, almost nothing except from some ointments. The two weeks rest after the one week of bed are also to avoid infections. You can move around, but strenuous activity is not recommended. Up to you guys of course.

Regarding skill decay, yes there is but I put it lax enough that you won't usually see it. Unless you truly go without using something for years. Not very likely that.

And yes, alchemy in a medieval setting is USEFUL, should you ever learn it. or magic :p

Baltika9

Arcane
Considering the no antibiotics stuff, better sit tight then.
Brornydar, one more questions: Who's been teaching us the sword? Kalz, or just random soldiers?
I'm thinking, since we helped him out so much, he'd be obliged to give us a favor and, say, personally teach us how to fight, if he hasn't done so already. I'd imagine he would be a much, much better teacher.

3 - let's not push him - he might be working as her informant for all we know
B - this is probably not a secret anymore anyway - there were too many witnesses
D - in C it's just too blatantly obvious we have the artifact in question; we kept it a secret from Medah, so let's not reveal it to somebody that might pass this information to him

Oh, and let's not start practising until we recover. The last thing we need is to lose our arm to infection.

Vernydar

Learned
Brornydar, one more questions: Who's been teaching us the sword? Kalz, or just random soldiers?

Kalz is a busy man. During the last mission, he did practice with you a bit, but only when he had time of course. So basically, if he has time, he likely will. If not, not. But the people he had you training with were more than good enough for your current level anyway. So you don't need to worry much...

When/if you get to skill level 5-6, then you'll have a harder time finding someone who can teach you

Baltika9

Arcane
IF we stay alive long enough, you mean? Considering that we're at skill level 3, I'm expecting the sthtf in about three or four updates. Sounds about right.

Vernydar

Learned
The shit has been hitting the fan since I first started to think about this lp. You just don't know about it yet :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom