Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Does the new patch add anything substantial or is it just small tweaks/changes being overhyped again?
They changed River's family photo

e0kx8m6osnx71.png

ueiwqozl0npb1.png

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
new crafting along with lvl scaling means that its better not to craft at all, but rather lvl up so that enemeis drop highest tier weapons at you. Same for iconics. Also iconic appear not to have mod slots, while normal variants do?

Wesp5

Arcane
Installed the 2.0 update, continued an old save and promptly ended up in an conversation loop with Viktor about Johnny. Luckily I could get out of it by moving away, talking to Misty and then coming back to him. Still it seems I need to buy the implants I already had installed again?

Trithne

Erudite
Installed the 2.0 update, continued an old save and promptly ended up in an conversation loop with Viktor about Johnny. Luckily I could get out of it by moving away, talking to Misty and then coming back to him. Still it seems I need to buy the implants I already had installed again?

Not so much buy them as just go through the tutorial. Cyberware is technically installed for free, the cost when you get it is 100% purchase.

If the item you're installing has a green tick in the top right you own it and are just getting it plugged in- the value shown on the card is the sell price for that item.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Oh boy.. I can't wait.
[Skip to 13:22]

And I remember people coping hard, even on this thread, trying to gaslight people with shit like "Hey, CDPR never promised this and that, if you didnt like this overhyped Ubisoft game, it is your fault." Humm... hummm... yeah, sure.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
And I remember people coping hard, even on this thread, trying to gaslight people with shit like "Hey, CDPR never promised this and that, if you didnt like this overhyped Ubisoft game, it is your fault." Humm... hummm... yeah, sure.

Everyone (including CDPR) wanted to focus on the bugs..

Because bugs can be fixed with relatively low costs.. the true problem was how fucking shit the game was and how much they lied about what they were giving people.. you can't fix that with 20 patches or 5 DLC..
Putting a bullet in this game was the right call.

Nine Years Development time.. For this..

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Because bugs can be fixed with relatively low costs.. the true problem was how fucking shit the game was and how much they lied about what they were giving people..
The discrepancy in the detail between the run up to the heist mission and everything further in the main quest tree is impossible to hide.

Gargaune

Arcane
Have they reinvented real mirrors in 2077 with 2.0?
Aren't real mirrors effectively impossible in all modern, deferred rendering engines without the use of raytracing?

The discrepancy in the detail between the run up to the heist mission and everything further in the main quest tree is impossible to hide.
The Heist mission itself is a huge disappointment. It should've played out like a Hitman mission, but instead it's just a bunch of clickable cinematics followed by a corridor shooter.

Zeriel

Arcane
Hmm. I heard Sandevistan/Berserk are pretty OP. Do they trivialise the game?

Can't speak to Berserk as I think that was more of a strength type build but the highest level Sandevistan (Mark 5) did indeed trivialize the game, but in a somewhat good way. The whole "chromed out street samurai" motif from Cyberpunk / Shadowrun was well realized with that mod. They were called Wired Reflexes in Shadowrun but same basic idea.

I could walk into a room full of guys with guns, turn the thing on get out a katana and basically carve up half the guys in the room before they could point a weapon at me because you are so fucking fast. And I mean literally carve them up, by the time they could react half the dudes were missing limbs or heads. As a power fantasy, it was amazingly fun, but yeah also a bit OP too unless you were fighting similarly equipped enemies.

It never felt cheap though because it required some skill to make lethal cuts in the short window of time available and to also cover the distance between each enemy. Plus, walking into a room full of heavily armored guys with assault rifles and heavy weapons with a damn sword alone is ballsy no matter how you slice it. (pun intended)

Max Sandevistan was powerful, but I never felt it was so powerful to justify losing the convenience of wallhacks and hacking in general. The main thing was you could get pretty high timeslow (like 40-60% as I recall?) and still use hacks, it was only the max timeslow that locked out netdecks. So playing as a generalist was really powerful; still get pretty strong timeslow, and also get to nuke enemies with a damage hack for every single bullet of your assault rifle that hits an enemy.

I tried both, and found max Sandevistan just overall inferior to a more flexible build.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Because bugs can be fixed with relatively low costs.. the true problem was how fucking shit the game was and how much they lied about what they were giving people..
The game is great until you meet Keanu Reeves.
Very meta if you think about it, V's life goes to shit as well.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Playing It Safe is kind of gorgeous.

I didn't notice a quality drop with the main quest missions. Also love Pacifica Grand Mall, a sniper's fantasy (shooting up a mall can only be surpassed by shooting up a high school).

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I do concede that full auto rifles and combat shotguns will jack your shoulder up under sustained firing. That is more of a pain issue then stamina though.
Just curious, but where and when did you fire in full auto?

Texas Gun Experience just outside Dallas, you can rent full auto weapons from them. I was parked in Dallas for work for a few months. It is really common in Texas, unsurprisingly. There are a shit ton of ranges that do the same thing in TX. I think any US state that is very firearm friendly, AZ, UT, NV, etc. you could probably find similar. Shitlib coastal states CA, WA, NY, NJ, MD, etc. you won't find that type of thing. Maybe deeper into VA away from the lefty hive of Northern VA perhaps.
I was curious because from experience shared by a friend of mine, firing in full auto is pretty pointless if you want to hit something. AFAIK full auto is meant for suppressive fire in military or some such operations, but I've never delved too much into the question.

It is unless the weapon has a bipod and you are prone. Standing full auto fire is fucking goofy but really fun to just blow off some steam. I was happy to hit the paper basically, LOL, And I have above average aim so think about that! It was one of those things were I just wanted to say I'd done it and happened to be in an area where there was easy access.

My nephew is a true 'gun nut' and is a squad weapon machine gunner (M240/M249) in the Army and even he pretty much echoed what you said. The primary purpose is to keep people pinned down because VERY few people are dumb enough to stand up when a full auto MG is covering an area. I think the days of charging MG nests like WW2 are pretty much over at this point. Tactics are way different now.

Aphex81

Scholar
I always said this is more of an on rails movie than a game. The one quest that got me curious is the Peralez quest with the secret room. Now that would have been a good main plot, a noir detective mystery with lots of twists and turns. Shit like this should have been the main focus of the game. You being a merc doing interesting merc contracts. Instead the merc thing is a complete afterthought. The gigs are more fun than the yellow quests wich are just a bunch of random encounters where the writers jerk themselfes off.

Ultimately the game is a hollywood resume, a vignette of short stories for their disney application. A bunch of whiney melodrama instead of the mercenary sandbox with a corporate conspiracy plot at the center. Even the waifus are shit, tatooed latrino for lesbians and a mutt boss girl for males *shudder*

And last but not least the main motivation of the main character is money and fame, really shows you the subhuman slavic morality. There is no cause, no heroism just greed and we are supposed to be shedding a tear when the plot to get filthy rich goes wrong...oh no not the poor criminal slav

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
And last but not least the main motivation of the main character is money and fame, really shows you the subhuman slavic morality. There is no cause, no heroism just greed and we are supposed to be shedding a tear when the plot to get filthy rich goes wrong...oh no not the poor criminal slav
You could just say you don't know anything about the setting and subgenre instead of posting the equivalent of slamming your face into your desk like a mongoloid.

Aphex81

Scholar
You could just say you don't know anything about the setting and subgenre instead of posting the equivalent of slamming your face into your desk like a mongoloid.
I have never seen a more retarded fanbase than the cyberpunk people. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME STORY AND SAME MOTIVATION AND SAME ENDING IN EVERY CYBERPUNK STORY.
Well if the setting doesn't give you the creative freedom to tell the story you want to it's just a shit setting then isn't it? And why would anyone want to play in such a setting?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have never seen a more retarded fanbase than the cyberpunk people. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME STORY AND SAME MOTIVATION AND SAME ENDING IN EVERY CYBERPUNK STORY.
Well if the setting doesn't give you the creative freedom to tell the story you want to it's just a shit setting then isn't it? And why would anyone want to play in such a setting?
I DON'T LIKE THE GAME STORY THEY WROTE SO IMMA CRY ABOUT IT ON THE INTERWEBZ

Aphex81

Scholar
Yeah, the game should be about a merc doing merc contracts, but not for the money and fame. :M
You mean in order to have a morally sound character you need to play as a janitor in cyberpunk or in any story for that matter?
There will always be a disconnect between a players actions and motivations in a videogame but you can still write it in a way that lets you roleplay however you want.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom