Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'm thinking: What's the point of vehicle combat perks when it never actually occurs either in the open world or, as far as I remember, during the base game story.
I just sliced up 2 enemy camps with my katana from the comfort of my bike, what are you talking about?
I'm sure those perks you spent will be very useful indoors...

Perkel

Arcane
I'm thinking: What's the point of vehicle combat perks when it never actually occurs either in the open world or, as far as I remember, during the base game story.

Right now gangs will drive after you as well as police. In 1.6 moreover they added gang support. So if you fight with someone and they manage to call backup then gangoons will arrive in cars/bikes.

Right now gangs will drive after you as well as police. In 1.6 moreover they added gang support. So if you fight with someone and they manage to call backup then gangoons will arrive in cars/bikes.
Wasn't that a mod? I played 2.0 for few hours now and vehicle combat mechanics feel utterly pointless.

Yosharian

Arcane
Christ I had this horrendous HDR bug making my screen flicker like crazy. Turned out to be the Colour Precision setting, setting it to medium solved it.

Good thing I'm not epileptic or I'd be dead

Edit: spoke too soon it's still happening jfc

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Whoever uses RTX card like me he should try Ultra Performance mode now. Ultra Performance at above DLSS 2.1 is not the same thing as it used to be. It is mode specifically made to upscale super low res to 8k.

And it is fucking crazy. This scene on Performance gives me 40fps with path tracing on my 3090.
With ultra perfomance now it gives me:

image.png

Literally you can play with pathtracing game at nearly 80fps. Yes image quality goes down but benefits of pathtracing are more important. Also since you use pathtracing you can compleely switch off ambient occlussion, screen surface and drop down shadows resolution a lot and you will get similar perf to mine on 3080-3090.

With that i can switch to 4k res ingame and in motion it will be shimerry but in still look very very well.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I'd say Night City and Atlantis are about the same.. filled with buildings / elevators you can't meaningfully interact with.
NPC's that are retarded and on fake schedules to walk between despawn points.
agreed, except that New Atlantis is one out of 3 cities and a dozen or so smaller outposts.

when I said Cyberunk feels as shallow as a puddle compared to Starfield I was referring to the feeling you get after you’ve been exploring the game for a dozen hours or more.

Everything is a set piece, it is there to give you the illusion of this sprawling city with endless things to discover. But it’s just that, an illusion which becomes apparent after you try interacting with the game world beyond what the game was scripted to allow you to do.

It’s a JRPG with an overload of sex and edge, really.

You can’t also just ignore the main quest and go exploring at the beginning of the game because Watson has invisible walls that teleport you back if you try to leave. Yeah.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Alright I managed to fix it by setting the in-game FPS limiter to 120.

Perhaps it's a VRR issue, not sure.

Side note I turned off HDR while troubleshooting this and holy fucking shit it's like a different game.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
I honestly think the update only fucked up mods that actually did something good for the game and the update alone isn't worth all the destruction of said mods.

I finished the game when it released and it was a 6/10 for me and most of those points are because I love the city.

I will just wait till the expansion releases and mods are updated because they will have to update them at least twice, one for 2.0 and then another for the expansion AND then more for future patches.

I don't think 2.0 warrants another vanilla playthrough.

potatojohn

Arcane
Whoever uses RTX card like me he should try Ultra Performance mode now. Ultra Performance at above DLSS 2.1 is not the same thing as it used to be. It is mode specifically made to upscale super low res to 8k.

And it is fucking crazy. This scene on Performance gives me 40fps with path tracing on my 3090.

image.png

Literally you can play with pathtracing game at nearly 80fps. Yes image quality goes down but benefits of pathtracing are more important. Also since you use pathtracing you can compleely switch off ambient occlussion, screen surface and drop down shadows resolution a lot and you will get similar perf to mine on 3080-3090.

With that i can switch to 4k res ingame and in motion it will be shimerry but in still look very very well.

This broke my game. I turned on path tracing and now I can't even get into the game any more to change it back, because the intro movies play at 0.5fps and then the game crashes.

Yoomazir

Educated
Fucking CDPR cucks can't even give us a paid option to respec our attributes whenever we want
Fuck you and your one time only respec...

jf8350143

Liturgist
I recall them saying adding the consequences for having too much cyberware, is that just the edgerunner perk?

Other than that there is no way for you to go over the limitation of cyberware, and even with the edgerunner you can can just go 50 higher.

I see no reason for the perk to have a limit, why not let th player go as high as they want?

tritosine2k

Erudite

image.png

This broke my game. I turned on path tracing and now I can't even get into the game any more to change it back, because the intro movies play at 0.5fps and then the game crashes.
If not yet you can remove certain CFG or ini file and it will work like a new install.

Jason Liang

Arcane

when I said Cyberunk feels as shallow as a puddle compared to Starfield I was referring to the feeling you get after you’ve been exploring the game for a dozen hours or more.

Everything is a set piece, it is there to give you the illusion of this sprawling city with endless things to discover. But it’s just that, an illusion which becomes apparent after you try interacting with the game world beyond what the game was scripted to allow you to do.
Like I've said before, it's Westworld.

ind33d

Learned

It was developed with multiplayer in mind. Unfortunately nobody knows what happened to 2077's multiplayer or where its assets ended up, so those concessions were a complete waste of time

racofer

Thread Incliner
I recall them saying adding the consequences for having too much cyberware, is that just the edgerunner perk?

Other than that there is no way for you to go over the limitation of cyberware, and even with the edgerunner you can can just go 50 higher.

I see no reason for the perk to have a limit, why not let th player go as high as they want?
And let people have fun? Preposterous!

Did you level as quickly in the original version? I can’t remember because it’s been so long. Feels like I’m leveling super fast.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I do concede that full auto rifles and combat shotguns will jack your shoulder up under sustained firing. That is more of a pain issue then stamina though.
Just curious, but where and when did you fire in full auto?
B-but it has vehicle combat, you entitled gamer chud!
This is flat out false. Gangs now shoot each other from vehicles, you can see them as you drive around the city. I've seen it twice already. But I guess you have to play the game...

Shiet, and here I thought everything in my PC is reality, now Vic says it's an "illusion"?? Fucking cheats. And I guess in Starfield I actually fly through space? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom