Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Moink

Cipher
Yeah the exp gain is way too high. Clearing all of Wattson+Westbrook before talking to Taki in the cafe got me to Level 36/50 Street Cred.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah the exp gain is way too high. Clearing all of Wattson+Westbrook before talking to Taki in the cafe got me to Level 36/50 Street Cred.

Same, I cleared Watson before (or interspersed with the leadup up to) the Heist as I usually do, and then Westbrook and other areas to taste before meeting Taki in the caf, and I'm already at lvl 30. Definitely need that xp slowdown. (I've decided that I'm determined in this playthrough to do and see all the things :) )

There seem to be a couple of modding possibilities for questlines now, the old scripting one that the author's been struggling through the various updates with, and a more recent one by someone else (where he seems to be adding little bits and pieces to the standard quests, like having you be able to talk to Jackie in the Columbarium).

While it's impossible to fix the game up as it should have been (with early to mid-game progression being proper RPG progression through the open world via fixers and factions, etc., with the main storyline as it is now being a more kinetic, story-driven endgame), maybe it's possible to tweak the questlines as they exist to "stage" things a bit better, so that one's natural instinct to wander around, see the sights and level up your Rep so that you're in a position to be chosen for the Heist, is better served without having to awkwardly have that thing where you can leave Dex in the cab or Taki in the caf or waterfront for an eternity while doing virtually the entire map.

I mean, it was sensible of CDPR to allow that asynchronous wait time, but it's a kind of kludge, and it's not as satisfactory from an rp point of view as it would be if the main story were delayed to a better time. Would probably have to tweak the early quests a bit.

I'm thinking:-

1) You could delay Jackie's post scav rescue mission, "I've got a mish from Dexter De Shawn" discussion till you've gotten a few levels under your belt from doing Watson during the lockdown. The only tricky thing there is the infection you got from the scav mission having to be cleared by Victor and the new player having to be introduced to their car and to cyberware at that point. But I wonder if it's possible to "split off" the Jackie call bit about seeing Victor and getting your car back from the "hey I've got a mission from Dexter De Shawn" bit? Maybe with some AI tweakage? So basically Jackie still calls you the morning after the scav mission, but the noodle bar convo at that point is limited getting your car back and seing Vic for the first time, and then then later you get an audio call from Jackie that lifts the rest of the Dex-related audio from the noodle bar meetup, getting you to meet up with Dex in the car? Something like that?

2) Then you could delay the Taki call to meet in the caf till you're like lvl 30 or something, so you've had a chance to explore the rest of the city in your "a few weeks, tops" that Victor gives you after the Heist. And then the main and side-main missions would progress as-is after that, and it would be fittingly kinetic and focussed solely on the story.

I'm sure something like that could be worked out to give the game a better flow. It's still not fixable in the sense that there's no story at all until you get the Heist mission, and there's no fixer/faction progression through the city. But at least it would feel more natural from an rp point of view.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Pacing the story through levels is a good idea, but not when the game opens up with "You're dead. Go have fun!". If the story was reframed from a desperate, time sensitive struggle for a cure, to a slower paced investigation of what the consequences of the Heist actually mean for the player character, you'd have the opportunity to slow the events enough for all the side content to feel like a natural part of everyday existence for V, and not a massive waste of time that Johnny rightfully points out as being really dumb on several occasions.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
Life paths and RPG elements of the game weren't fixed in 2.0 right?

Probably don't since that would mean to change the core of the game and that would be too much work for a multi million dollar company.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
A fanboy take
THIS UPDATE IS INSANE!
YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT THEY DID!
THIS FINALLY FIXES CYBERPUNK!
CDPROJEKT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!1!!1!
INSANE UPDATE!
10 HIDDEN FEATURES!
150GB UPDATE!
MASSIVE UPDATE!
TOP 10 DONG MODS!
INSANE NEW FEATURE!
STARFIELD JUST GOT HUGE UPDATE THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!
CDPR FINALLY BREAK THEIR SILENCE!
BIZARRE NEW UPDATE!1!!
THE ULTIMATE CYBERPUNK BREAKDOWN!11!!!

First time on youtube grandpa?

JuicyFruit or whatever is notorious for this. Every single video is "HUGE LEAKS JUST DROPPED" which are generally exactly 10minute 10second length videos and 90% is just filler. Spoiler.. the "LEAKS" are usually random tweets with zero information or 4chan shitposts.

Also your argument of "HEH INTERNET BRO" is the most retarded thing I've read all day... and I was in the starfield thread.

Yes the internet has lots of shit on it. That doesn't mean:

A) You should watch or engage with it
B) Share it with us.

I always ask myself.. how do grifters like Juice manage to attain gainful employment from youtube.. who watches this retarded crap. I now have my answer.

Yosharian

Arcane
AwesomeButton so is there a way to make Stealth more challenging? Stealth bonuses to damage are too powerful, and it's too easy to disable every enemy in the game with the Grab function. Are there any lightweight mods that could tweak this?

I would like Stealth to be a useful way to pick off a few targets before combat begins, rather than being able to ghost through and entire level while stupid-ass enemy NPCs wander back and forth not realising that half their buddies are MIA or lying face down in the mud.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I mean, NPC not realizing their comms are going silent is a sacred tradition dating back to Deus Ex, no?

Though I'd maybe look into giving the grab a Body check.

Yosharian

Arcane
I mean, NPC not realizing their comms are going silent is a sacred tradition dating back to Deus Ex, no?

Though I'd maybe look into giving the grab a Body check.
Metal Gear Solid, released in 1998, had Stealth gameplay where as you went deeper into the game, enemies became smarter because they would communicate with each other by radio, checking in periodically. E.g. "Sector B, clear". If you took out a guy, then that might be discovered because he would no longer answer his radio. This was in 1998. It's just lazy that a warehouse of guys move backwards and forwards over the same path and don't communicate.

In the mission where you speak to Woodman, you can literally interrupt two NPCs mid-conversation by grabbing one of them, and the other doesn't do anything or react in any way.

It's just shit encounter design.

Yosharian

Arcane
In fact removing Stealth modifiers completely from the game would solve a lot of issues

Dunno if there is a way to mod that in

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
AwesomeButton so is there a way to make Stealth more challenging? Stealth bonuses to damage are too powerful, and it's too easy to disable every enemy in the game with the Grab function. Are there any lightweight mods that could tweak this?

I would like Stealth to be a useful way to pick off a few targets before combat begins, rather than being able to ghost through and entire level while stupid-ass enemy NPCs wander back and forth not realising that half their buddies are MIA or lying face down in the mud.
are you playing on highest diff? Plenty of skull enemies and they wont go down even with knife throw from stealth.
I found that stealth isnt auto play button as long as you dont have optical camo, always make a mistake along the way and end up fighting

Yosharian

Arcane

are you playing on highest diff? Plenty of skull enemies and they wont go down even with knife throw from stealth.
I found that stealth isnt auto play button as long as you dont have optical camo, always make a mistake along the way and end up fighting
Yes, highest difficulty, and anything that's not a 1-shot with Overwatch I just walk behind it and grab it which apparently works against anything short of a mech in this game

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

Yes, highest difficulty, and anything that's not a 1-shot with Overwatch I just walk behind it and grab it which apparently works against anything short of a mech in this game
ahhh, I guess its a bit different in your case, yes. Arent hackers marking you this way?

I guess its time to ask important question: is 2.0 cp77 stealth more enjoyable than skyrim

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
is better served without having to awkwardly have that thing where you can leave Dex in the cab or Taki in the caf or waterfront for an eternity while doing virtually the entire map.

Interesting, I would also like to delay the amount of time that passes before main NPCs call you for a quest. Maybe also tweaking the way gigs are given to you, with random messages instead of going to the quest marker and then receiving the message from the fixer like it is in vanilla.

I guess I really need to learn how to use wolvenkit. I've finished a Java course three months ago, I wonder how easy would be to read the scripts of this game

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
2) Then you could delay the Taki call to meet in the caf till you're like lvl 30 or something, so you've had a chance to explore the rest of the city in your "a few weeks, tops" that Victor gives you after the Heist.

I think having Takemura calling you for a meeting right after the heist makes sense from a pacing perspective. Maybe the infiltration in the Arasaka facilty could be delayed...but doing it at lower levels without much cyberware is more difficult and rewarding. I remember the first time I did it, with little cyberware and trying to be a ghost, not killing anyone and not being seen. Getting out from the rooftop and driving home under the rain gave me a good feeling of accomplishment.
The parade, that one should be delayed

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Metal Gear Solid, released in 1998, had Stealth gameplay where as you went deeper into the game, enemies became smarter because they would communicate with each other by radio, checking in periodically. E.g. "Sector B, clear". If you took out a guy, then that might be discovered because he would no longer answer his radio. This was in 1998. It's just lazy that a warehouse of guys move backwards and forwards over the same path and don't communicate.

Fucking Marvel's Spider-Man has it, and it's not even a stealth focused game

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes the internet has lots of shit on it. That doesn't mean:

A) You should watch or engage with it
B) Share it with us.
Are you offended? Any PTSD yet? Anyway, I summarized the video so pristine peachy schoolgirls like you don't have to sully themselves watching it.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

The game is still broken if you optimize. At least as far as that goes, they are an "RPG".

AwesomeButton

Patron

I switched from VH to Hard because I was getting two-shotted too often. Once you are around lvl 25, try to find skull enemies in Northside. At least I couldn't find many, compared to what I was encountering at lower level.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I’m level 19 now and the bullet-sponginess seems to improve due to getting better hacks, gear and talents.

I do enjoy getting shredded within a few seconds if I goof and don’t take cover on VH tho, doesn’t seem like that changes much so it starts to even out. Haven’t invested in any damage resistance stuff tho and got no defensive gear

Ben Zyklon

Educated
I’m level 19 now and the bullet-sponginess seems to improve due to getting better hacks, gear and talents.

I do enjoy getting shredded within a few seconds if I goof and don’t take cover on VH tho, doesn’t seem like that changes much so it starts to even out. Haven’t invested in any damage resistance stuff tho and got no defensive gear

You are playing a hacker?

If you do keep me posted if the netrunning nerf left them unusable or if it is good/decent, I remember my first playthrough I made a stealth/hacker character and I could take on a lot of enemies without them even noticing me from cameras etc.

It was pretty broken I will admit that but some missions didn't let you do that.

I agree on a nerf but only if they made the playstyle more engaging somehow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom