Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

v1c70r14

Educated
A fanboy take
THIS UPDATE IS INSANE!
YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT THEY DID!
THIS FINALLY FIXES CYBERPUNK!
CDPROJEKT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!1!!1!
INSANE UPDATE!
10 HIDDEN FEATURES!
150GB UPDATE!
MASSIVE UPDATE!
TOP 10 DONG MODS!
INSANE NEW FEATURE!
STARFIELD JUST GOT HUGE UPDATE THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!
CDPR FINALLY BREAK THEIR SILENCE!
BIZARRE NEW UPDATE!1!!
THE ULTIMATE CYBERPUNK BREAKDOWN!11!!!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A fanboy take
THIS UPDATE IS INSANE!
THIS FINALLY FIXES CYBERPUNK!
CDPROJEKT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!1!!1!
INSANE UPDATE!
10 HIDDEN FEATURES!
150GB UPDATE!
MASSIVE UPDATE!
TOP 10 DONG MODS!
INSANE NEW FEATURE!
STARFIELD JUST GOT HUGE UPDATE THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!
CDPR FINALLY BREAK THEIR SILENCE!
BIZARRE NEW UPDATE!1!!
THE ULTIMATE CYBERPUNK BREAKDOWN!11!!!

First time on youtube grandpa?

v1c70r14

Educated
No, but it seems to be your first time since you'd post "content" like that. That guy makes a living making clickbait videos about how every update and leak to the newest blockbuster is a game changer and talking about how great this slop is and why you, the viewer, should be invested so he can keep cranking out "content" that you consume. I don't care if your GDP depends on the success of this expansion pack, nobody should watch these videos.

KVVRR

Learned
For those that finished this thing: do you get another great boss fight or something? Do you get anything interesting at all? Boss fights, weapons, decks, cyberware etc?
Depends on which route you go with, but they definitely do things they hadn't done in the base game. It's up to you if you'd like them or not, though, I really enjoyed the Songbird final mission while hating how they dealt with the Reed one. But as far as I've seen it's the opposite for most people.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No, but it seems to be your first time since you'd post "content" like that. That guy makes a living making clickbait videos about how every update and leak to the newest blockbuster is a game changer and talking about how great this slop is and why you, the viewer, should be invested so he can keep cranking out "content" that you consume. I don't care if your GDP depends on the success of this expansion pack, nobody should watch these videos.
Comment on what he actually says in the video next time.

Hellraiser

Arcane
so far i had only single timed delivery and i lucked to get lambo like. Crossed whole map on time
Most of the time when the mission is times I get a piece of shit vehicle and it's impossible to finish on time even if perfect as it is simply too slow, or it picks that one parking lot drop-off point atop of the long snaking serpentine.

However reloading to a point just before I enter the vehicle rerolls the destination and timer.

I also like that the game sometimes also throws in the "don't damage it too much" objective and that there's a special sidequest where you break into a harbor after you do 8 of those procedular car jacking jobs.

AwesomeButton

Patron
A fanboy take
THIS UPDATE IS INSANE!

I have watched some videos from juicehead sense I like the game and he occasionally lists some good mods. But that video had no content and was just obnoxious, had to downvote it so he takes the hint. That was to much shilling.
It takes some Dunning-Kruger to be laughing at clickbaiters on youtube (like that's news), while you yourself are failing at listening comprehension. Alright, I'll spell out the important parts for you:

1. "The update seems to be a success": concurrent players on steam after 2.0 are twice the number of concurrent players after the anime was released. The original game reached 87% positive reviews as well.
2. "Cyberpunk has been supported not only as content but also technically, and that's beyond the initial performance fixes from 2020. It remains a well optimized game for its graphics quality". -- I agree with that one.
3. "Such degree of support for a 3 years old game is a rare thing" -- I agree with that too.
4. Patch 2.0.1 news -- we already know about that
5. Reminder for a hint by CDPR director that more updates are coming after Phantom Liberty -- for those who haven't watched his interview at the xbox event.
6. News: there is an "investor day" stream on the 5th which will be discussing not only Phantom Liberty's reception but likely upcoming CDPR games:

P.S. This clickbaiter actually takes the effort to list his sources in his video description. You could learn a thing or two from him.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This game has the most imaginative quests like the crucifixion or the comatose child killer. Gameplaywise they're mostly 'choose dialogue option or click F to proceed' but the writing is decent enough to carry it (on the 1st playthrough at least).

I also enjoyed the mayor's death investigation which tricks you into ending it prematurely without getting the last piece of evidence that changes the perspective on the events entirely. Pretty neat.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Screenshot-20231002-140107.png
Strange definition of fixed.

https://packaged-media.redd.it/erol...=7d9fd1997db54f222cfebe946868a56e7dfcee67#t=0

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Fucking cyber commies

53mvfv1.png

Gigs are good in the dlc much more elaborate and unique locations more story and dialogue

1221kacsb.png

4554j7fmv.png

Last edited:

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Not sure what the purpose of a flatter XP curve would even be in a world without fixed levels.

Right now, slowing your XP progression means you're simply delaying the enemies from getting cybernetics, stims or hacks, all of which make the gameplay more engaging.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Not sure what the purpose of a flatter XP curve would even be in a world without fixed levels.

Right now, slowing your XP progression means you're simply delaying the enemies from getting cybernetics, stims or hacks, all of which make the gameplay more engaging.
I simply hate reaching the level cap and not being able to progress any further.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

To feel like a rookie for a bit longer. The way the curve is right now, you can become a high level merc in the first 10.15 hours of the game.

I would also like a mod that unlocks cyberware based on street cred rather than levels. I guess I need to learn to use Wolvenkit

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
they really make you play through half the game before you can start the DLC huh, well main quest is sending me to pacifica now so should be there soon (yes I know you can start from main menu, fuck off, I started a new game with 2.0 before DLC)

so far I could probably beat every fight without investing any points or messing with implants on Very Hard, just your typical popamole shooter

BUT, I am putting points into netrunning so that I get some interesting gameplay at least, frying enemies from a distance or when they're in other rooms even via cameras

MasPingon

Arcane
I have tried it once more. This time with "skip unskippable cutscenes mod", which is god send, I wouldn't have patience to play without it. I have a different opinion about this game now, after about 20 hours of playing 2.0.

Last time I've played it was 2020, it was bad game overall - clusterfuck of player character development, horrible AI, bare-bones gameplay systems(driving,police,map,perks,quest giving), empty, ugly city and stupid progress system. Some of the game elements looked like they were made by 14 years old modders after "make your own game in 3 days" weekend course. There was barely any gameplay at all and if it was it didn't work.

Now it looks like a proper game, you can clearly see it was made by different people, who know what they're doing. It is smooth, character development system is now satisfying, music kicks in right moments, every car feels different, there is finally life on the streets of Night city. They fixed phone calls, bugs, malee combat and add a lot of quality of life improvements. If you ignore main story, it's actually hell of a fun.

Now I can see there is an "old CDPR" behind this game, I'm surprised there are parts of writing on par with The Witcher , it's something I couldn't notice before, because of how dissapointing other parts of this game were. There are things beyond redemption you couldn't fix, cause of deep design decisions that were made years ago, but this is enough, I don't feel a butthurt anymore. It's a good game you can finally play. Music and world design are great, shooting and driving are fun, side jobs and gigs are entertaining, there is a lot of production value. You can appreciate it now while this game is finished. Good job CDPR. Just add "skip unskippable cutscenes mod" to your base game.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron

AwesomeButton

Patron

Level ranges based on district still exist. It's not as simple as enemy level=player level.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Funny that V does not level up at all during his half a year cooperation with Jackie

Well, V goes from being a car theft busted by police (street kid) to take on a scavenger hideout to rescue a VIP, so...there's progression in these 6 months.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom