Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
If you expected anything other than something like Witcher 3 I'd have to call you an idiot, but then again it does explain why even codexers got mad if they honestly thought that. Kind of shameful though

EDIT: like, I certainly understand being disappointed by it being worse than the witcher 3, but if you ever thought this was going to be massively different in terms of structure, you were deluded and it's on you
Combat is worse in Cyberpunk 2077 than in The Witcher 3 (which isn't to say that TW3's combat is better than mediocre).

Exploration is worse in Cyberpunk 2077 than in The Witcher 3

Character customization/progression is at best equal to The Witcher 3 despite Cyberpunk 2077 breaking from the pregenerated protagonists of the Witcher series

Itemization somehow managed to be even worse in Cyberpunk 2077, which is quite an accomplishment since it was terrible in The Witcher 3

Keanu Reeves Johnny Silverhand steals the spotlight from the PC to a vastly greater degree than Ciri ever did from Geralt

Writing in terms of dialogue and quests is generally worse, as is the main plot

The reliance on non-interactable people and buildings to fill up cities and villages was already a deficiency in an Open World game with a fantasy medieval setting; it's calamitous in a setting almost entirely confined to a single city for hardly anything to actually be explorable (you can't even enter most buildings) and for so few people to be interactable

The one great strength of Cyberpunk 2077 is the design of Night City itself --- the urban environment --- but the developers did their best to ruin even this by having daylight last about 18 hours with almost no rain or clouds, even though the city looks vastly worse in the harsh daylight than at night or in the rain (see also the lack of interior spaces mentioned above)

The only other strength of Cyberpunk 2077 is its photo mode, which itself is a commentary on the game mechanics

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
A fresh re-installation of the game seems to have solved my flatlining problems. Hasn't crashed once since. I'm using every single one of my same mods, too.

I also seem to have solved a problem with flashing lights in the game that have plagued it since release. I posted this originally on the game's Steam forum:

---

Have you noticed since patch 1.5 (or even for some since the game's release) that every once in a while you notice small flashing spots on the screen?

In some areas in the daytime it looks like sun glinting off metal or glass, but once you start seeing this at night, that's when you begin to think your GPU is going bad. It almost looks like police flashing lights when viewed at night. If you find just the right spot, on certain objects like railings and other things, you can actually watch the flashing pop and dance around without even moving. It's quite bizarre.

People have been reporting this with Nvidia, with AMD, and even on console. It's been speculated that DLSS is causing the problem, that Ray Tracing is causing the problem, and some claim neither. The truth is somewhere in between. Once you see the issue and are standing in a spot where it's easy to reproduce (again, it's best at night since the bizarre flashing effect is so pronouced), you'll notice if you set the game's graphics settings to Low, lo and behold, no more flashing!

Well, for the PC platform, at least, I think I've discovered why, and thus, the fix (for now).

-- If you want the same performance-improving effect that DLSS gives you, even with an Nvidia GPU, but you want to get rid of the flashing lights, you have to turn on FidelityFX Super Resolution (and FidelityFX Sharpening which automatically enables itself) --

The reason why setting the game's graphics settings to Low causes the problem to go away is because the Low preset actually enables FidelityFX, even on an Nvidia GPU! Yes, this is an AMD feature, but it works great in place of Nvidia's DLSS, and no more bizarre little flashing lights. The image quality is similar if not maybe even a little better, and I'm using the Ultra Quality setting for FFXSR and haven't experienced any less performance than DLSS Auto was giving me.

I suppose DLSS will eventually improve, or CDPR may finally address this bug, but the above is a good workaround for now so you can just go on enjoying the game.

Things I tried while finally isolating this:

- Updated my DLSS .dll to the latest version
- Tested with Ray-Tracing on and off, doesn't seem to make a difference
- I have the absolute latest Nvidia drivers

My setup for completeness' sake:

i9 10900K
RTX 3090
Windows 10

I hope this helps someone.

Perkel

Arcane
You probably have game on AUTO DLSS and you are playing well beyond your means which causes DLSS to run on "performance" mode which takes very low res frame and then upscales which is what causes those problems. set DLSS quality to fixed mode say quality. FPS will be worse but those things will be gone.

Makes me wonder if CP2077 was released in 2015, would it receive better reviews or TW3 today would have a more mixed reception.
it would be compared even more vehemently to skyrim and gta5, and be absolutely shredded and shat upon because it lacked the invincible shield "from the guys of witcher 3".

people who watch shows in languages they can't understand shouldn't be allowed to use the internet
which would mean most of the native english speakers.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If you expected anything other than something like Witcher 3 I'd have to call you an idiot, but then again it does explain why even codexers got mad if they honestly thought that. Kind of shameful though

EDIT: like, I certainly understand being disappointed by it being worse than the witcher 3, but if you ever thought this was going to be massively different in terms of structure, you were deluded and it's on you
Combat is worse in Cyberpunk 2077 than in The Witcher 3

:hahano:

Wesp5

Arcane
Also making the time between the start and act 1 not playable, but a cutscene is just lazy. It could had been CP2077's White Orchard.
With the right modding tools I would guess this could be the first story part that modders could fix!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
You probably have game on AUTO DLSS and you are playing well beyond your means which causes DLSS to run on "performance" mode which takes very low res frame and then upscales which is what causes those problems. set DLSS quality to fixed mode say quality. FPS will be worse but those things will be gone.
First you claimed earlier in this thread that my flatlining was being caused by mods (you were wrong) and now you're for some reason thinking I'm doing the exact opposite of what I carefully isolated as solving another problem with the game itself, not with my rig. Did you even read my post at all?

You truly are an idiot, Perkel.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
First you claimed earlier in this thread that my flatlining was being caused by mods (you were wrong) and now you're for some reason thinking I'm doing the exact opposite of what I carefully isolated as solving another problem with the game itself, not with my rig. Did you even read my post at all?

That's some good advice. Your weak ass 3090 just couldn't handle the load.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
pretty close to how i imagine rusty looks irl

hos5eE7.jpg

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
DLSS is pretty bad in this game. Lots of artifacts like moire on textures, flickering specular highlights, ghosting, etc. Yes, even in quality mode. Turning on DLSS sharpening makes it even worse.

Perkel

Arcane
Interesting, despite being middle of week user numbers broke sunday numbers. With such trend by this sunday it should beat 100k

Also there will be 1.7 patch should hit by 12th of october.

unknown.png

And what caused flatlining mate ? Because you never said anything. 1.5 and 1.6 changed in major way how mods work and ton of them are incompatible so if you were using some mods previously this was probably the cause. So that is one reason why you are retard.

Secondly the shimmering you were talking about is caused by DLSS. It has been confirmed for a long while now that DLSS in C2077 has issues with such things. If you don't believe go to Moxx club and watch those led walls. With DLSS they shimmer without DLSS they are completely static and don't shimmer. So that is second reason why are you retard.

Diagnosis retard. But that is nothing new for you no ?

That's some good advice. Your weak ass 3090 just couldn't handle the load.

I have 3080 and it too can't handle C2077 in full raytracing mode well if you crack up resolution. 3090 is barely faster than 3080.

Last edited:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
How many of you guys saying the game sucks tried running through it as a boxer? I've said it before but that made the game pretty fun for me. Guns and mantis blades both suck.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
And what caused flatlining mate ? Because you never said anything. 1.5 and 1.6 changed in major way how mods work and ton of them are incompatible so if you were using some mods previously this was probably the cause. So that is one reason why you are retard.
Explain to me, which I already posted above, why nothing but a completely fresh installation of the game stopped the flatlining then. Exact same drivers, exact same settings, exact same mods. OOPS.

Secondly the shimmering you were talking about is caused by DLSS. It has been confirmed for a long while now that DLSS in C2077 has issues with such things.
You really didn't read my post! :lol:

I have 3080 and it too can't handle C2077 in full raytracing mode well if you crack up resolution.
What is wrong with you? You implied that I was running settings which were "beyond my means" and thus was somehow unaware (?) that I still had DLSS running? Now you interject ray-tracing. I have a suspicion your English is so poor that you can't actually comprehend half of what you do attempt to read here.

Perkel

Arcane
Explain to me, which I already posted above, why nothing but a completely fresh installation of the game stopped the flatlining then. Exact same drivers, exact same settings, exact same mods. OOPS.

You really didn't read my post! :lol:

What is wrong with you? You implied that I was running settings which were "beyond my means" and thus was somehow unaware (?) that I still had DLSS running? Now you interject ray-tracing. I have a suspicion your English is so poor that you can't actually comprehend half of what you do attempt to read here.

1. Hmm almost as if full fresh installation of game removed mods you had installed that caused those crashes... Gee i wonder what could be the cause...

2. I've read your post. You replaced DLSS with FSR and called it a day. It does fix the issue but you trade quality of image. On other hand if you stick to DLSS and pick one mode instead of auto like quality then it fixes most of those shimmering issues and performance and quality is better than FSR which i think uses 1.0 version of it.

3. Running beyond your means mean that you are demanding too much from your GPU like trying to run game in much higher resolution that your GPU can render without trouble. When DLSS set to auto it tries to prioritize FPS over qualty when FPS drop. So if your GPU struggles then it uses DLSS PERFORMANCE mode and only sets QUALITY when FPS is high. The shimmering effect you experienced in C2077 is caused by DLSS performance mode struggling to display details from much lower resolution, which causes that shimmer. If you set DLSS on quality or OFF then that shimmer will go away.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
removed mods you had installed
For the third time, I'm using the exact same mods as before the flatlining started. This logically eliminates them from being a factor. How can you not comprehend this?

stick to DLSS and pick one mode instead of auto like quality then it fixes most of those shimmering issues
Enabling ANY mode of DLSS causes the flashing lights to appear. You yourself even just concluded DLSS is responsible (which I mostly agree with). Make up your mind, man! And the issue isn't "shimmering", it's flashing lights randomly appearing. Your ESL is getting in the way here again.

If you set DLSS on quality or OFF then that shimmer will go away.
Wrong. Any usage of DLSS results in the flashing lights. Read this again: ANY DLSS MODE CAUSES THE PROBLEM. Maybe I should post that in Polish?

You're way off here, Perkel. My fix addresses the actual issue. What you're trying to do (for some reason) is to speculate what you think is involved and what is causing the problem, and I think you're doing that based on watching some videos. I've actually isolated and solved the problem myself. You've got some sort of weird hangup about trying to... disprove me? Discredit me? Something? You're very weird.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So real talk. what mods are really really good if u wanna play again for the dlc?
graphics mods or otherwise BIS mods

Codex Year of the Donut
if you think I'm exaggerating, here you go
THE YEAR is 2077 and there are NO flashlights

the amount of games that don't add a flashlight is ridiculous

actual lighting in the mission I'm in, what the fuck
photomode-27062021-192014.jpg

if you think this is a joke, same image except brightness cranked up afterwards
photomode-27062021-192014-2.jpg

nothing wrong with it being dark if I had a fucking FLASHLIGHT

Takamori

Learned
So real talk. what mods are really really good if u wanna play again for the dlc?
graphics mods or otherwise BIS mods
I don't like graphic mods due to adding unnecessary strain to the game performance for something that I will barely notice but if you want there is this pack a friend of mine recommended

https://next.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/collections/iszwwe?tab=mods

Edit: I decided to check the list, I don't think its a good idea either with this pack

:what:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom