Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
This is not a freshly-installed copy, but it often happens before even attempting to load a save game. I'm reading more and more people complaining about the same thing.

Shame, because at release the game was remarkably stable.

Edit: Forgot to mention there are no traces of Nahemic in my system.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I started watching that an1me you guys were talking about last few pages. It's not that bad at all; don't watch english dub version, turns it into bad comedy. Some of the english VA work is grating to my ears. A1nmes are always going to be haunted by bad VA work. In very rare situations english dub is pretty good (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Monster, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Ghost in the Shell, and etc...); but in most cases, Japanese with english sub is better experience. Anyways, saw first three episodes so far. Liking the cyberpunk aesthetic. Main character is pretty fun too. Story is coherent, makes sense, and not that much shitty fanservice, yet! Makes me want to purchase game too.

An1me is pretty short though, ten episodes. Which makes sense. Usually these an1mes have thirteen episodes then you have to read manga for more. It's only the super successful an1mes like Attack on Titan or Full Metal Alchemist that get more seasons with more story.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Art style and animation are terrrible imo... I didn't make it past the opening scene. But I'm not an an1me fan in general; I'm guessing I'm way too old to be the target audience.

Last edited:
The game doesn't really have that cyberpunk feel of balancing on the edge of law. Police and law enforcement is basically non-factor
have you read "cyberpunk red", the new pnp cyberpunk ruleset revised for this game? everyone is on law's side, fixers are trying to sabotage the mob from the inside and bosses are actually undercover cops. it's all hugs and rainbows, and if you kill it's because someone called you nigger.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I started watching that an1me you guys were talking about last few pages. It's not that bad at all; don't watch english dub version, turns it into bad comedy. Some of the english VA work is grating to my ears.
Sad to hear this. I was going to give the English dub a chance when I rewatch it to show it to my normie friends. The Japanese script isn't very good because they are just speaking standard Japanese and not using any of the in-universe slang at all. At least Aoi Yuuki got a big role and my man Tsuda Kenjirou got a minor role as the MC's ripperdoc

Perkel

Arcane
Sasko lead quest designer for C77 did his regular stream today. Stuff i noticed:

- they plan to address a lot of stuff with coming expansion (can't tell specifics)
- companion system isn't high on their priority list
- C77 is running on RedEngine 4 and it is entirely new engine written from scratch with only small stuff ported from RE3

and the weird part. He said "I am proud of the open world team we built" not as in the team that was creating C77 but the team they build AFTER C77 was released. They apparently build whole team dedicated to work on C77 open world.

Generally speaking his tone and stuff he says indicated that they don't plan to stop working on C77 for a long time. Let's see how it will work with margin calls but my educated guess is that Expansion might be the last buyable DLC but they will be probably adding free stuff after it.

I booted this up again a few times out of curiosity after the last big patch. I've noticed a lot more flatlining (CTD) going on with it, even after re-verifying my files through Steam.

Anyone else seeing this?

mods

1.5 changed a lot and pretty much all old mods don't work. You need 1.5-1.6 version of them.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I don't know. You tell me which you prefer. Here's a scene where David gets beat up by some bullies from school. One is in eng(english) other in jap(japanese):
Jap

Eng

^Japanese is a bit better there but the bland script makes it feel like you're losing with either choice. At least the JP dub has two of my favorite actors and my friends don't speak Japanese so they won't notice the dialogue. Guess I'll stick with the JP version for my rewatch.

You are assuming that there were many people left in the studio who had extensive experience with their engine, when the most likely explanation for this is that people with deep technical knowledge of the engine left the studio.
It's not so much those with "deep technical knowledge of the engine" rather than having to drop most of the content production tools and workflows/ pipelines they had a decade of experience with for the engine change. They shouldn't be anywhere as productive for a good while.

We also don't know if the new UE truly works as marketed and we've yet to see any games designed from the ground up to take advantage of next-gen hardware (ratchet & clank?).

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sasko lead quest designer for C77 did his regular stream today. Stuff i noticed:

- they plan to address a lot of stuff with coming expansion (can't tell specifics)
- companion system isn't high on their priority list
- C77 is running on RedEngine 4 and it is entirely new engine written from scratch with only small stuff ported from RE3

and the weird part. He said "I am proud of the open world team we built" not as in the team that was creating C77 but the team they build AFTER C77 was released. They apparently build whole team dedicated to work on C77 open world.

Generally speaking his tone and stuff he says indicated that they don't plan to stop working on C77 for a long time. Let's see how it will work with margin calls but my educated guess is that Expansion might be the last buyable DLC but they will be probably adding free stuff after it.

From what I had been seeing (only loosely following the news on this game), it seemed like they're only planning the one paid DLC and then 77 is done though there will almost certainly be a sequel.

That would make the most sense to me since the reputation of 77 got hit so hard, whereas a sequel would let them leverage whatever they learned from this one (like don't try to port to systems that can't actually run your game) and get away from the bad press from the game's launch that wasn't indicative of the actual experience for many/most PC users.

Mega Black

Novice
77's boner for the police is really weird. There's a couple of encounters where they're doing fucked up shit but never are you really pit against them. The emphasis on Corpos makes sense but in a city as totally fucked as NC the cops should really be just another enemy faction.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So I’m finally playing this and so far the extreme drama surrounding it is puzzling to me

It’s pretty much Witcher 3 with a less interesting story and characters, bit worse C&C but better gameplay (mediocre shooting vs plain bad action RPG), right down to the point-of-interest filled map with shitty non-content

I guess since characters and worldbuilding is what made people love Twitcher 3 it kind of makes sense, but Cyberpunk does have some cool bits in that department as well. And really, Witcher 3’s main plot sucked as well, just its side content was great

All in all, it’s pretty weird that one game is goty for people while this one is hated (neither seem to deserve either title)

Last edited:

Tyrr

Liturgist
So I’m finally playing this and so far the extreme drama surrounding it is puzzling to me

It’s pretty much Witcher 3 with a less interesting story and characters, bit worse C&C but better gameplay (mediocre shooting vs plain bad action RPG), right down to the point-of-interest filled map with shitty non-content

I guess since characters and worldbuilding is what made people love Twitcher 3 it kind of makes sense, but Cyberpunk does have some cool bits in that department as well. And really, Witcher 3’s main plot sucked as well, just its side content was great

All in all, it’s pretty weird that one game is goty for people while this one is hated (none of them seem to deserve either title)
I think it could had been on W3 level if they had much more time AND CDPR hadn't fallen for Keanu Reeves.
Just look at act 1, the characters, the story, the C&C. After the heist everything goes downhill.
Also making the time between the start and act 1 not playable, but a cutscene is just lazy. It could had been CP2077's White Orchard.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

All in all, it’s pretty weird that one game is goty for people while this one is hated (neither seem to deserve either title)
I suppose you missed the worst of the bugs or something.

Antigoon

Augur

Yes, and Witcher 3 just had so much more of it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Fair enough, but that’s still not reason for drama of this scale, is it?

Antigoon

Augur

Without the old gen issues, weak performance even on higher end systems and massive amount of bugs, it wouldn't have been such a drama. Just look at the recent Steam reviews. In the current state, most people seem to like the game.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I don't know. You tell me which you prefer. Here's a scene where David gets beat up by some bullies from school. One is in eng(english) other in jap(japanese):
Jap

Eng

Why is English VA almost always so mediocre :negative:

Are the actors not recording together or something?

Wesp5

Arcane

I think the drama all came from the fact that the game didn't run very well on the old consoles. On a PC it was quite playable from the start and it was just a matter of taste whether you liked it or not...

Codex Year of the Donut

did you get out of the prologue yet?
it's the only good part of the game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom