Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Captain Neckbeard in "Sid Meiers Pirates!" (Ended)

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
chick.gif

Why does she look so familiar?

In any case, good show so far, keep it up!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
This LP has turned out much more entertaining than I expected. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
The rape commences and few men, women, children, animals and books are left undefiled.

The pillage is slim yielding only 400 gold, but since we have superiority in numbers we install a dutch governor to incur favor with the potheads,
and are instantly promoted to colonel and given some land where we in time can exploit the locals.

choosegovernor.jpg

This governor has a daughter too:

uglydutch.gif
So, my dad says i have to dance with you.

necksmall.gif
Just one question. Will you have sex with me? Please? I'm not entirely raped out yet.

uglydutch.gif
Uhh, no. You are far to mundane looking for me. I need a man that befits my stature as the prettiest girl
in Eleuthra.

necksmall.gif
Must be skank city.

We go through the motions of dancing with the dutch dimwit, and manage to awe her with some serious jitterbugging.

As a result of our despicable acts against the inbred british hicks, the english bounty on Neckbeard is now 7000.

necksmall.gif
We are far from done with those bloody teaguzzling weaklings.

CodexMob.gif
YAR!!! STAB AN' CORNHOLE DA ENGLISH!!!

lookout.gif
Hey, my granddad was english!

The bloodthirsty bastards continue along the isles, snagging another english merchant on the way.
Soon the small port of Nassau is in sight, and the crew smirks with anticipation.

nassau2.jpg

necksmall.gif
Same procedure as last time men, stab them all!

necksmall.gif
This is gonna be a walk in the park...

Nassaus captain of the guard stands in the way of taking this port.

defeat1.jpg

snooty.gif
So you are the infamous rogue, Neckbeard? I must say i'm dissapointed.

necksmall.gif
Aha, why so?

snooty.gif
I pictured someone more regal. You give of the apperance of a common footpad.

necksmall.gif
Hey! I...what's a a footpad?

snooty.gif
Figures. One cannot underestimate the skullduggery of the plebs. Very well, good thug.
Let us settle once and for all who is worthy of this port. The noblemen in direct ancestry to the tudors,
or some rustic highwayman just in from the thames. Winner takes the spoils, and the loser swear to never return.

necksmall.gif
Sure, snooty. Ill teach ya a lessin in edumacation!

snooty.gif
On our honor then! En garde!

The fighting commences...

necksmall.gif
Ouch! That hurt!

snooty.gif
Stand up and fight, you coward!

*stab*

necksmall.gif
Hey! Stop that! That thing is goddamn sharp!

defeat2.jpg

snooty.gif
Hah! You are nothing but a stain on a squires commode. Once again the common man is no match for the royal bloodlines.

*more stabbing*

necksmall.gif
Auw! Thats it!
I'm outta here, no fair.

cowardice.jpg

snooty.gif
Do not defile us with your presence again, you hear?

Back on the ship:

CodexMob.gif
Yaar Captain! Ye spread yer wings an' flew the coup?

necksmall.gif
Well, i kinda stubbed my toe as as i got out of bed yesterday. Ill do better next time, i swear it.

neanderthal.gif
The manboon fails, as i had predicted before i even met him. It is obvious that the captain has none of the superhuman
qualities i possess in abundance. I don't usually embellish my own prowess, but i'd say i am the ONLY choice for captain on this hunk of wood.

necksmall.gif
Listen, Mr. Neandertal. What exactly have you done since you got here? What about those projects you would be working on?
Howcome none of us have seen anything of it?

neanderthal.gif
I am working on something revolutionary as we speak. When i'm done seafaring will never be the same again. It will be like
being transported to some advanced civilization for your little sapiens mind.
necksmall.gif
When do we get to see this magnificent invention of yours?

neanderthal.gif
I just need to run through a few more things, to make sure it is perfect. See, that is the difference between
neandertal and sapiens technology. While the sapiens is busy scratching his tufts of greasy hair over the functions
of an apple, we neandertals will have perfected the theory of gravity and managed to breed five new strains of delicious apples.

CodexMob.gif
Yar! No good captain! We demand Cleve as Cap...

necksmall.gif
Hold it, scallywags! Look, give me one more chance! We sail back into town and attack them again. This time
i will get that bastard captain. Besides you all want to rape some more people/animals/objects right?
Now whos the captain who has always backed up your right to rape the prisoners?

CodexMob.gif
*Grumbling*

necksmall.gif
Thats right! Me, Captain Rapebeard! Your pro-rape candidate! Whaddaya say, folks? Give me one more shot?

Captain Neckbeards appeal for the right to rape, is a success, the ship turns back, and once again Captain Neckbeard
face off against his enemy.

snooty.gif
How dare you sir! You gave me your word of honor that you would not return!

necksmall.gif
About that. The thing is that we common riff raff have no honor. Otherwise we probably wouldn't be riff raff.

snooty.gif
You gastric bypass! Prepare for another trouncing at mine hands!

Several stabbings later, and Neckbeard discovers another depot of gunpowder.

necksmall.gif
HA! Again! Prepare for liftoff you boarding school twit!

gettingeven2.jpg

*KAAAA-BLOOOOWIE*

Neckbeard installs a new dutch governor, and is now promoted to admiral.
This is another governor who also seems to have a single daughter, probably because every eligable bachelor is tied up in one of the
dutchs many wars or likes seamen on their poop deck.

Another dance follows with a broad that for some reason has a hitler mustache.

adolphine.jpg

As a result of our tolerance of female nazi bearding, she gives us a poofy... i mean puffy shirt, which makes Neckbeard stab people quicker.

necksmall.gif
Thanks Adolphine! See you at the next rally.

Visting the tavern we discover the french traitor hiding and instantly challenge him to a duel.
Here Neckbeard is sporting his new poo... puffy shirt.

traitor2.jpg

The traitor get the shit kicked out of him and Neckbeard insists on the bounty of 5000 gold, instead of taking bribes, in the hopes of getting some
gold to appease the mutinous crew.

necksmall.gif
Look men! I did it! I beat him, and i also brought back a helluva lotta gold. I'm still captain right?

CodexMob.gif
*grumbles*

necksmall.gif
I'll take that as a yes.

liberal.gif
NOOOOO!

necksmall.gif
Shut the fuck up liberal!

Next stop on our tour of the british isles is another minnow port: Grand bahamas.

explosion1.jpg

necksmall.gif
You guys should really lock down your ammo depots. This is getting kinda ridiculous!!

After the debris of the garrison has been cleared, we install a french governor who promotes Neckbeard to colonel.
Neckbeard responds with his usual shit eating grin.

grin.jpg

We also thank him by not accepting an invitation to the ball.

nothanks.jpg

necksmall.gif
Sorry lady. You look totally frigid so i am not even gonna bother with you.

Since we are in the neighbourhood the Revenge set course for french port of Florida keys, where we once again attempt to blend in
amongst the rich and beautiful.

boil.jpg

necksmall.gif
Did i ever tell about that time i found a boil on my left testicle?

necksmall.gif
Actually lefty is a lot better at telling jokes than me. Shake it testes!

necksmall.gif
"That boil was so full of white goo, that when it popped i was so drenched i thought i had turned into
an egg. Haha, i kill myself sometimes."

necksmall.gif
So, you wanna make out?

In the end the governors daughter pays us with a fine leather vest to get rid of us.

leathervest.jpg

Leather vest and poofy shirt. All we need now is a motorcycle cap and we are ready for a "gentlemans" night out.

The visit to the tavern turns out to be the most interesting though: Here we meet up with and old codger who has information
on our long lost sister.

codger.jpg

geezer.gif
All i ask is a thousand gold for this information.

necksmall.gif
A THOUSAND GOLD! ARE YOU BLITZED IN THE POTATO??? Do you know how many english kidneys i have to puncture
to make that kind of money???

geezer.gif
No?

necksmall.gif
Well me neither, but it's probably a lot! A THOUSAND??? Why you..."

geezer.gif
Calm down sonny. I'm just doing you a favor. A thousand is not a lot for clues to your beloved sister.

necksmall.gif
Hold your horses, gramps. I might love her, but a thousand? Im not sure i love her that much.
Come to think of it, she used to laugh at me all the time. Oh, and she practiced her make up on me,
and fed my GI Joes to our golden retriever. And there was that time she stuffed freshly sharpened pencils
up my bum.

geezer.gif
I can see why you entered piracy, sir.

necksmall.gif
Yeah, lousy childhood traumas.

geezer.gif
Look you might not like your sister, but im sure theres money in it. The guy who knows about her has a pretty
big ship. Might be worth some gold.

necksmall.gif
You don't even know anything about her yourself? You know something about some guy who knows something about her!!!
And you want me - to pay you - a 1000 gold for this knowing about someone who might know something? You are really pushing it, you old bastard.

geezer.gif
Listen, take it or leave it! But think about it, don't you wanna get even with your sister?

necksmall.gif
Hmmm, you have a point sir, i'll buy your information!

The wrinkly old blowhard silently and stealthily palms us a piece of paper:

raymondomap.jpg

necksmall.gif
The guy is in fucking Puerto Bello??? This is goddamn useless!!! Do you know where we are??? We are on the other
side of the god damn carribean, you pretentious bastard! I might as well have dumped a 1000 gold into the ocean!
Thanks for nothing!

geezer.gif
Sounds like someone missed their afternoon nap.

Will Cleve evade the machetewiedling mongroids?
Is Lefty a real person?
How many sharpened pencils can you shove up someones rectum?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I like the Disney-esque presentation of the game. There's hardly any violence and the sort, yet the tunes and whimsical nature fits perfectly. Sid's finest work IMO. I wish there's more game like this...with a pirate lair you can claim as a base like the other NPC pirates in the game where you can hoard treasures and train troops.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
My abiding memory of this game is of chasing Raymondo and Montelban all around the fucking Caribbean because the end screen if I didn't save my entire family made me feel guilty.

Fucking Meier.

Really addictive game, though, played it through every year for a while.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
No one can stop the superhuman prowess of Cleve!

Lefty for captain, unless Neckbeard can find better quality hoes in a contest between the two!

Roll anal circumference.

Hellraiser

Arcane
If you ask me they should just tie Baron Raymondo to a chair and keep him locked in the lower decks. Or have him keelhauled and hopefully raped by rabid Caribbean multiheaded dicks until he tell you where the fuck is your entire goddamn family.

Also you could rename your flagship to something more proper like The Grim Testicle or The Tasteful Rape.

Esquilax

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne said:
No one can stop the superhuman prowess of Cleve!

Lefty for captain, unless Neckbeard can find better quality hoes in a contest between the two!

Roll anal circumference.

The only thing that can stop the power of a superhuman ubermenschen is a BRO. I learned this from Star Trek. When Khan was ready to take over the Enterprise, only Captain Kirk's broness could stop him. Likewise, I fear that the only man that might defeat Cleve is either Lefty or BLOBERT.

RK47

Patron
...You'll need Romance Writer to chronicle your daring adventures...you need David Gaider.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lefty doesn't stand a chance against Cleve. The only being who can challenge his neanderthal divinity is BLOBERT.

TripJack

Hedonist
in my experience one can fit in 3 pencils, or upwards of 7 with proper lubrication

RK47

Patron
Blackadder said:
Besides graphics, what does this version of Pirates! have that the older versions lack? And vice versa?

Dancing minigame? My memory's hazy with the original pirates, but there's a sneaking minigame if you get captured, and turn-based land battles that are simple yet satisfying. It's missing a dice and poker game tho' :)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
This version misses the silver train and possibly the treasure fleet from the original. It does have some extra minigames like the dancing and sneaking and the turn based land battles are a lot better.

Personally I loved the amiga version best because it just played great and had such awesome graphics and art direction. This one is a bit too cartoony for me, though I'm really enjoying the LP.

Zomg

Arbiter
The treasure fleet is implemented I think but it's in particular treasure ships instead of an abstract thing with one giant haul for looting it.

The sailing is basically identical.
The sea combat game is basically identical.

The fencing game is different but approximately as stupid.
The overland tactics game is different but approximately as shitty.
The map piece game is about as shitty as it was. Confusing landmark stuff is added.
The dancing game is added, it's kinda like a rhythm game.
The sneaking game is added, it's terrible.

No silver train.
You have to capture the map piece guy about a million times just as before.

There are lots of little loot objects in 2004 Pirates! that you gather, like a breastplate or dancing shoes, or cotton sails for your ship, that you generally buy or that come from and impact the minigames.

Drakron

Arcane
Zomg said:
The treasure fleet is implemented I think but it's in particular treasure ships instead of an abstract thing with one giant haul for looting it.

Well from what I recall, yes because I certainly recall capturing Treasure Ships off Cuba.

In fact I decided to check and those ships are called "Treasure Galleon", they are slow and turn like a pregnant Yak but have a lot of cannons (40) and a lot of crew (200).

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
Part 5: Everybody loves Baron Raymondo

Before embarking for the south and Baron Raymondo, whom we will do a halfhearted attempt at getting,we upgrade the revenge with triple hammocks.

hammocks.jpg

necksmall.gif
Good news crew! Now more of you will be able to pass wind on the mate below you.
Pretty good eh, Cleve?

neanderthal.gif
No doubt a milestone in the history of sapiens ingenuity. Now, let's see if you can master the mystery
of the untied shoelace.

necksmall.gif
All friendly banter aside...

neanderthal.gif
Friendly?

necksmall.gif
I need some advice. Do you know anything about women?

neanderthal.gif
Do *I* know anything about women? You are looking at a succesfully married neandertal with two superhuman, titaniumboned children.

necksmall.gif
You are married? With kids? Where the hell are they?

neanderthal.gif
Holed up somewhere safe, where no raving post-apocalyptic gangs can get to them.

necksmall.gif
Oh, i see. Well about women, there's this governors daughter... and no, its not the one with the glass eye...it's the
dutch godess of Curacao, shes really hot.

lookout.gif
Yes Captain, she's a pretty girl. Id like to stick my... what exactly do you do with women?

neanderthal.gif
Well, manboon i might be able to help you. It so happens i'm an expert at handling and understanding the feeble minds of women.

necksmall.gif
Great! Lay your mighty wisdom on me, good sir Cleve.

neanderthal.gif
This was way back in my youth. I was operating a fried chickenbrian stand in Barcelona together with this girl.
She was quite pretty but obviously beneath me in mental capabilities, as she was a vapid sort who liked to gossip about the courts and whatnot.

neanderthal.gif
Then one fine day, Roy Scheider of the spanish court, comes in and orders a fried turkeybeak with a twist of lemon, and says to me:
"You know kid, you are not half bad looking. Lots of people in the royal spanish court are not as handsome as you. Why dont you get in touch with my agent."

neanderthal.gif
Now, i never really wanted to get in with the whole king business. I mean, a king of sapiens is just a king of a few bawling apes fighting
over a broken twig. But that girl noticed it and she started flirting with yours truly.

neanderthal.gif
As i was young and hadn't fully realized the grandiosity of my being, i was still susceptible to the pathetic mating rituals of the mongoloids.
So, i was somewhat flattered by this, and she ended up seducing me with her vile charms.

neanderthal.gif
Afterwards she just simply ignored me. I must admit i felt a bit used and suspicious of her motives, and i had everything confirmed
when one of her girlfriends told me that she had made a bet, whether or not she could "hitch a ride on the titanium bone".

neanderthal.gif
That's when i started to feel dirty and for some reason my body started to shut down.
First my jaws locked up, then my arms and finally my whole magnificent body entered a catatonic state, and i just lay there in a panic stricken,
catatonic hibernation.

neanderthal.gif
The end.

necksmall.gif
The end??? What the fuck was that? How is this pathetic story gonna help me ram my oar up the flying dutchman?

neanderthal.gif
Women are cruel.

necksmall.gif
That's it?

neanderthal.gif
Yes, women are cruel. Dont waste your time or your seed on them.
In fact, it would be better for all of us if you didn't pollute this globe with any of your seed.

necksmall.gif
Thanks Cleve, you've been most helpful. Now excuse me while i go share your story with the rest of the crew.

The plan is to go south, back to the south american coast, to visit the Curacau (and that piece of dutch tail), invade some spanish cities and
dig up L'ollonais treasure. Oh, and to chase down that Raymondo guy if he gets in the way.

Long ways to go though, so the crew plays some "poke the fundamentalist" on their way there, much to Andhaira and Liberals muffled cries.

After snagging some spaniards and their hard earned cash, we find ourselves in the middle of the ocean.

middleocean.jpg

unflickable.gif
I made Polyvectored Tacos. Come get him.

We snag another few vessels and end up in a fight with a captain:

legs.jpg

capn.gif
Aaargh! What the hell did you do to me! Look at my leeeeegs!!!

Finally we enter the coastline, and battle som fierce winds which slows our eastbound journey.

lookout.gif
Captain! Ship ahoy!

necksmall.gif
Another spanish merchantman? I don't know, i feel kind of pirated out for the momement. Let them...

lookout.gif
It's that fella Raymondo! You know the guy who that guy said he knew knew something!

rayship.jpg

necksmall.gif
What? Oh yeah...right. We'll i guess its showtime then. Lets show this guy how...

lookout.gif
I dont know, sir. Hes got a pretty big ship, lots of crew and cannons.

necksmall.gif
Hah! Captain Neckbeard is afraid of no man. I have not lost a battle yet, and i am not about to chicken out now!

lookout.gif
Actually you did loose to that captain of the guard in Nassau.

necksmall.gif
Okay that one time, but this is completely different!

lookout.gif
We also almost got blown to bits by that spanish treasure galleon back in chapter 1.

necksmall.gif
Completely different scenario. Dont take things out of context.

lookout.gif
Actually this is exactly the same situa...

necksmall.gif
TO BATTLE MEN! FIRE THE CANNONS!

And so, with steely determination and knowledge of his own superiority, Neckbeard and the Revenge descends into battle with
the vile Baron Raymondo.

raybattle1.jpg

The old lookout was not wrong when he said the had lots of cannons.
That bronze thing Cleve installed has made the ship much more maneauverable, and the revenge is able to dodge most of the devestating
cannon fire. It is a cat and mouse game, with the intent of getting up close and personal.

raybattle2.jpg

Finally Neckbeard is face to face with raymondo:

ray.jpg

necksmall.gif
So, dude, you seen my sister?

raysmall.gif
Just who the hell are you, and why exactly are you shooting at my boat and gutting my crewmen?

necksmall.gif
Im the mighty pirate Captain Neckbeard. Deliver my sister or die!

raysmall.gif
Hmmm, you do kind of look like someone i know. Does your sister have an inward going nipple?

necksmall.gif
Yeah, but... how did you know?

raysmall.gif
Well, lets just say that me and your sister have been pretty close. Actually your sister "know" a lot of my crew.

necksmall.gif
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Your cheap tricks wont work on me!

raysmall.gif
You kinda look a lot like your sister. It almost feels as if i have done you.

necksmall.gif
Ok, thats fucking gross man! Stop messing with me!

bob.gif
Hey captain, why does that ugly pirate look so familiar?

raysmall.gif
Oh, hey Bob, that's felching friedas brother.

bob.gif
Dude, helluva sister you got, i tell ya! A champ at poppin me mole, har har har!

*Slice*

necksmall.gif
Noone talks about felching f.. i mean my sister that way!

raysmall.gif
Bob!!! Talk to me Bob!!!

raysmall.gif
You slack jawed fluffer, you didnt have to do that to Bob. He was only two days away from retirement!
Now you are in a world of hurt.

necksmall.gif
Bring da pain, knuckles!

Neckbeard engages in some sharp negotiation.

raysurrender.jpg

raysmall.gif
Look, i might help with finding Fisting Frieda, if you let me go.

necksmall.gif
I already told you: dont talk about my sister that way!

raysmall.gif
Okay you sister, who-is-not-at-all-obsessed-with-her-own-poop-chute-and-doesn't-like-to-be-nasally-penetrated, is stashed
away somewhere. I dont really know where, all i got is this part of map.

mapsister.jpg

necksmall.gif
Why the hell do you only have part of a map?

raysmall.gif
The rest was in an old jacket that got sold at a fleamarket.

necksmall.gif
Oh man, i've been there! I once lost my carkeys that way.

necksmall.gif
Anyway, i guess ill take that map. Its better than nothing i suppose.
Now, im gonna let you go, but you have to promise to never come back to the carribean again. Agree?

raysmall.gif
Yes, good sir. I promise on my mothers grave. Thank you noble sir.

And off he goes, one of gods own true originals. Thats the last of him we will see in this LP.

Meanwhile we snag all of his goodies.

Right after our succesful plunder the revenge enters a tiny settlement, to sell of our ships.

settlement.jpg

In the local wateringhole we encounter another old codger who has information about someone who might have information on our long lost sisterslut:

rayagain.jpg

necksmall.gif
:rage:

necksmall.gif
That sumabitch! I'm gonna kill him and stuff Liberal down his wiggling corpse!

Neckbeards rages a while, but then spots some black booty.

blackchick.jpg

necksmall.gif
So baby, you black on da inside too? :smug:

bchick.gif
Sorry, i already have a boyfriend.

necksmall.gif
You might have a BOYfriend, but you need a MANfriend, baby! :smug:

bchick.gif
My boyfriend is pretty big, just so you know.

necksmall.gif
Speaking of big things, wanna see my powerdrill? :smug:

bguy.gif
Yo cracker! Whadda hell you talkin' to ma honey for?

necksmall.gif
Whoa, you really are a big fella aren't you? Well, you know what they say, the larger they are, the smaller the penis.
What do you say there biggie smalls? Am i right or am i right?

And here we will leave Neckbeard for this time. Don't worry, i'm sure he'll be fine.

Neckbeard will be back in "Deckswabs only suck thrice" next week!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom