Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

V_K

Arcane
Technically you can - through Unity web player.

Guy de Incognito

Ensit Media
Developer
Can you export it as a HTML5 project and upload it somewhere so we can try walking around?
Even if I wanted I couldn't manage to make it run in a browser. :)

Ah, it appears I've been a victim of Unity propaganda, I thought it was trivial to export a game to a web playable format. And I didn't mean you should ever release it as a browser game, just for testing and showing off.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Ah, it appears I've been a victim of Unity propaganda, I thought it was trivial to export a game to a web playable format. And I didn't mean you should ever release it as a browser game, just for testing and showing off.

Unity is pretty bad with the web exporter. I only managed to get the simplest scenes to run and not crash the target browser. It used to work with the old old plugin that users had to install, but those times are gone.

Reinar

Scholar
Dude, how are you going to achieve gender diversity with 3 premade characters? One man, one woman and an asexual transgender eunuch (now that I think of it, it doesn't sound so bad)?

Hmm, maybe if they were 3 black women...

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Then you turned your sarcasm sensors on?
They were on last time I checked, but maybe they got overloaded. ;)

Anyway, I am planning for a party of 4 total characters, so gender diversity can potentially be well-balanced... BUT I still have to create a female party character. Do I have a problem?

Guy de Incognito

Ensit Media
Developer
BUT I still have to create a female party character. Do I have a problem?

I'm sure she'll turn out fine.

beylat.gif

majestik12

Arcane
I am planning for a party of 4 total characters
Seems like too much, tbh. Have you considered making it 3, then swapping some characters in and out, and then alternating between two parties with 2-3 characters each?

This way you'd be able to get all the diversity right.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Seems like too much, tbh. Have you considered making it 3, then swapping some characters in and out, and then alternating between two parties with 2-3 characters each?

If a party of 4 will make sense story-wise, then I will implement it. Still as it is now, you might not get the fourth character until well past half the game. As for swapping characters, yes that was the initial plan, but right now I don't think I will go that route.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Just wanted to let you good bros know that I am abandoning the part-time development of this game... it's just not worth it unless I do it full-time, so...

I'm quitting my day job and start working on the game exclusivey for a year, starting in December.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom