Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Codex Party Play

DraQ

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
[insert elite commentary here] Subhumans with your modern whorefares. You can't even wrap your feeble, mudturtle minds around the awesomeness of shooting pirates while slingshooting around brown dwarf substellar object at several thousand km*s^-1 in your customized "iron-ass" Cobra Mk.III :monocle:

Done. :smug:

Raapys

Arcane
phelot said:
Seriously, what was the reasoning for it anyway? Mods did a better job at fixing balance issues and bugs then the devs/pubs ever did. And it sounds like they dealt with cheats better as well.
Dedicated servers usually use punkbuster, which actually gets updated once in a while. There are also admins who play on the servers and can record/ban the more obvious cheaters.

The reasons for using matchmaker exclusively is likely because it's harder( though not impossible) to play with a cracked game/fake serial; with dedicated servers you can just crack the server so it doesn't check the validity of the serial key. They also get far more control over their game/DLC, they can easily monitor their players, they can implement advertising to earn extra cash once the game's gotten older, etc.

MapMan

Arcane
This thread should have 0 posts, instead we get more and more people coming out. :rpgcodex:

Multi-headed Cow

phelot said:
Raapys said:
phelot said:
The only advantage I can think of is probably better protection against cheaters, which was never that big of a deal anyway.
Yah, MW2 has excellent cheat protection. Don't think I've ever seen more than 7 out of 12 players cheating, and on most games it's only like 2 or 3 players.

Your sarcasm is duly noted.

It's that bad? Then there really is no reason to play it.

Seriously, what was the reasoning for it anyway? Mods did a better job at fixing balance issues and bugs then the devs/pubs ever did. And it sounds like they dealt with cheats better as well.
He's full of shit. Out of 100ish hours of multiplayer played I saw 2 obvious autoaiming cheaters. That's not to say there weren't wallhackers since that's possible, but since you get the killcam I never really noticed any. Been a while since I played so maybe it has gotten worse.

I think it depends on what playlist you're playing. From what I heard most cheaters play on ground war.

Raapys

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
He's full of shit. Out of 100ish hours of multiplayer played I saw 2 obvious autoaiming cheaters. That's not to say there weren't wallhackers since that's possible, but since you get the killcam I never really noticed any. Been a while since I played so maybe it has gotten worse.

I think it depends on what playlist you're playing. From what I heard most cheaters play on ground war.
Ugh, you won't find any cheaters on killcam playlists. Check out the hardcore ones without killcam, especially hardcore headquarters.

And why would you bother playing anything 'cept hardcore anyway( well, except for the countless cheaters in HC)?

Multi-headed Cow

Because hardcore is worthless. Weapon selection and perk selection mean less when you die/kill faster, and it's not like you're rocket jumping in regular.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Clockwork Knight said:
MapMan said:
This thread should have 0 posts, instead we get more and more people coming out. :rpgcodex:

Seriously. People should save their time for the daily threads about New Vegas, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and other monocle games.

Indeed, I feel ashamed I play papamole games like MW2 and not hardcore RPGs like Mass Effect like true Codexers.

Suchy

Arcane
The difference is that those games are sold as RPGs, so you can bitch about them for being popamole crap with clean conscience.
In this case you just want to taste that shit, knowing it's all slimy, stinky turd from the very beginning. Indeed, shame on you.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bah, played in total 20 hrs in MP... and now I know what do you mean it's papamole shit :| It has Oblivion syndrome - awesome at first 10 hrs and then starts to get boring little by little... and yeah, fucking cheaters and even more of 12 yr old kids calling others 'noob', swearing and spamming voice chat... damn.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
SoupNazi said:
Oblivion was "awesome" for about 10 seconds
It was pretty awful for the first half hour or so, until you get out. Then it's awesome for a couple of hours or so while you think the whole world's there for the taking. Then it becomes worse than terrible when you realize it's all a sham.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom