Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Codex Party Play

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought this game yesterday and I wonder who else plays it... since playing with random people is kinda annoying when half of the players on server are swearing at each other and calling others 'noob' etc I'd like to make KKKodex Squad. Who would be up to it?

BTW I pretty much like the game, lack of dedicated servers suck but it's still a great game, even if streamlined as much as it could. Well, player levels suck too but gameplay itself is cool.

Multi-headed Cow

I actually don't mind the lack of dedicated servers in MW2. Strangely enough it works almost perfectly for me 99% of the time. It works arguably better than dedicated servers, since most dedicated servers end up with a lot of stupid shit on them (Looking at you, UT99 sounds) and modded player counts and crap. Which is all well and good except when I want to play whatever game I'm playing normally.

Liked the leveling up in MW2 too. You're not at such a disadvantage at lower levels that you can't play, and unlocking stuff just gives you more options. Haven't played since the second map pack though.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Whats funny is that in a few that new CoD will be out, who is basically MW 2 with a few more gimmicks, so most MW 2 players will move on to that game= sort of wasted money, if you ask me.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Codex, you are just a shambling corpse, a twisted parody of your old self.

Modern Warfare 2 indeed.

Lim-Lim

Liturgist
Sorry, I only have it on my PS3, and it's not exactly so much gaming gold that I'd consider buying it for the PC.
But do enjoy the short perioid of fun that the game grants.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
No amount of regenerating health can heal the stupid of this thread :decline:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Codexers into this game should make an extended (4 hours long) mission on the airport counter strike style.

Two teams (police and terrorists) with lots of innocents on the airport. The goal seems simple: cops kill terrorists, terrorists kill civilians and cops to get away. However there's a twist halfway through the map where when the numbers of both cops and terrorists and diminishing, it turns out some civilians on the airport are actually furfag in disguise and they were gathering to take over the world.

The rest of the map consists of both teams joining up and annihilating everything on the airport for the greater good - children, pregnant women (that can be disemboweled with bayonets and have their babies taken out and used as silencers) and pretty much everything else that moves. The difficulty comes from avoiding anyone from leaving the airport and finding everyone on such a huge map.

Phelot

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
I actually don't mind the lack of dedicated servers in MW2. Strangely enough it works almost perfectly for me 99% of the time. It works arguably better than dedicated servers, since most dedicated servers end up with a lot of stupid shit on them (Looking at you, UT99 sounds) and modded player counts and crap. Which is all well and good except when I want to play whatever game I'm playing normally.

Liked the leveling up in MW2 too. You're not at such a disadvantage at lower levels that you can't play, and unlocking stuff just gives you more options. Haven't played since the second map pack though.

Except that the mods are what made CoD4 playable, not to mention playable competitively. Plus, you could always sort through them with filters.

The only advantage I can think of is probably better protection against cheaters, which was never that big of a deal anyway.

Raapys

Arcane
phelot said:
The only advantage I can think of is probably better protection against cheaters, which was never that big of a deal anyway.
Yah, MW2 has excellent cheat protection. Don't think I've ever seen more than 7 out of 12 players cheating, and on most games it's only like 2 or 3 players.

entertainer

Arbiter
Raapys said:
phelot said:
Yah, MW2 has excellent cheat protection. Don't think I've ever seen more than 7 out of 12 players cheating, and on most games it's only like 2 or 3 players.

:lol:

Phelot

Arcane
Raapys said:
phelot said:

Your sarcasm is duly noted.

It's that bad? Then there really is no reason to play it.

Seriously, what was the reasoning for it anyway? Mods did a better job at fixing balance issues and bugs then the devs/pubs ever did. And it sounds like they dealt with cheats better as well.

LazyD

Liturgist
Funny I bought a game recently for the first time in a while also.

It wasn't a piece of a shit waste of money/time though. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom