Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BW continues to milk retards, buy gear for real $ in DA2

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I fully support milking retards. After all they would waste all that money anyway.

Now, if only it went to a good developer... or for a good game.

Black

Arcane
Malakal said:
I fully support milking retards. After all they would waste all that money anyway.

Yup, here's the problem.

waywardOne

Arcane
The Warrior Armor looks fun, but I don't buy DLC for games that I don't enjoy.
Can we get some, 'Finnish [sic] the game' DLC please?
Really? We complain of the main game only containing items sharing the same look and you respond by charging us extra for this? Bad taste.
So... $5 bucks for some more items? Really?
I begin to understand why you guys refused to release a tool-set update.
And people say DA2 isn't a Mass Effect 2 rip off with swords. When do we get the alternate appearance pack? I know I can't wait to pay top dollar for the absolute bare minimum of effort. Which of course you can only get away with once you throw the modding community out in the cold so you don't have to actually produce content worthy of purchase.

my dog is snoring.

Black said:
Malakal said:

Yup, here's the problem.

The problem is though is that the good developer with the good games would become a shitty one after seeing the sweet sweet cash that can be made ripping of retards, or at least that is what I would do. :M

Chris Priestly said:
Dragon Age 2 Add-Ons page said:
Please enter your date of birth:
Yeah, I'll get right on that...
Fuck you, time wasting shitty site features. I'm not telling you I'm over your allowed age.

Also,
Sweet!
Those weapons and armor look great. Nice to see some DLC for DA2.
Bought it over an hour ago. Good times.
Thank you bioware. I'm really enjoying these new items. I look forward to your future DLC's.
Those are the replies from people that actually experienced the DLC for themselves. You are all just a bunch of baseless haters that can't see the good stuff if it bit you on the balls. 'Cause you're that fat. And ugly. And... and dorky and stuff.

Seriously, though? Mneh, this has been going on for years, now. I'm all facepalmed out on those sheep.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
hurlock_head_helmet.png
HERP DERP

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Malakal said:

Then they wouldn't be retatrds.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
serch said:
MAke it smaller and we'll have another good smiley :thumbsup:

hurlock.png

Edit: could be cleaned up better but I'm in class right now so fuck it.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The warrior and mage armors look kinda cool. would definitely pirate if DA2 wasn't utter shit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
$5 is considered 'top dollar' now? LMFAO

Anyways, why wiould anyone pay for shit like this no matter the game? FFS

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What was more amusing is that the only way to change your NPC's armor looks, is by buying this DLC...

Peter

Arcane
Mighty Mouse said:
Come on, these guys need your support, don't let the computer game industry down.

Exactly. This is what honest developers like Bioware have to resort to when piracy is so rampant! Do you think they WANT to charge you for these items instead of giving them away for free? Of course not! They love their fans. You people should be grateful they still port their games to the PC!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I shouldn't have bought DA2. It was a mistake, and I regret it, but not in monetary terms.

I regret it in terms of what the game has done to me mentally. It has literally made me lose intelligence, permanently. I have had my IQ lowered by Hawke's dumbfuckery. I am now a dumber person for having played it. Fuck. But, for what it's worth, I won't be looking at any of the DLC for it. I may never even finish playing it, like with DA:O, ever.

I'm going to look back on this whole thing as an experiment. An educational delving into the depths of the derp as a way to remind myself what a decent RPG actually feels like (by contrasting this thing with my memories of the good old days), and as a reminder of the lows that some companies can stoop to to get my money and to please their sick, sick fans.

I recently picked up my playing again in Two Worlds 2 last night, after having gotten UTTERLY sick of the FUCKING pathetic repeating areas and GOD AWEFUL "quests" and "dialog" in DA2 and I was surprisingly refreshed. Even TW2 with its own minor quotient of derp at least I got the feeling of freedom to explore WHERE I WANTED TO, WHEN I WANTED TO, and to mold my character HOW I WANTED. This is even considering some of the locked door railroading that goes on. It just feels so amazingly different.

I've got to wake up and realize what some of these companies are trying to do. They're trying to make me into Prosper or something. I've got to hang on to my sanity. It's so thin now after playing something like that monstrosity. GAH.

Codex, should I even think about buying Witcher 2 when it comes out? How the fuck am I going to know if it's going to snap me altogether? And then there's of course Skyrim. I want to believe, I want to believe, but what will I do with no new RPG's?

Fucking DA2. Fucking BioWare, assholes. Fucked my shit all up.

Black, you were right. I got suckered.

ortucis

Prophet
Crispy said:
I recently picked up my playing again in Two Worlds 2 last night, after having gotten UTTERLY sick of the FUCKING pathetic repeating areas and GOD AWEFUL "quests" and "dialog" in DA2 and I was surprisingly refreshed. Even TW2 with its own minor quotient of derp at least I got the feeling of freedom to explore WHERE I WANTED TO, WHEN I WANTED TO, and to mold my character HOW I WANTED. This is even considering some of the locked door railroading that goes on. It just feels so amazingly different.

TW2 is just DA2 without level loading and some good side quests. Also, unless you are playing MP only, the "WHERE I WANTED TO, WHEN I WANTED TO, and to mold my character HOW I WANTED" is pretty much similar to DA2.

Mortmal

Arcane
Crispy said:
I shouldn't have bought DA2. It was a mistake, and I regret it, but not in monetary terms.

I regret it in terms of what the game has done to me mentally. It has literally made me lose intelligence, permanently. I have had my IQ lowered by Hawke's dumbfuckery. I am now a dumber person for having played it.

Sue them! You have a solid case !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom