Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo (Translation / Guide included)

Just a man

Barely Literate
Gizokus can steal from the back row too if you give them a halberd and change class from GIZ->KNI->GIZ. ;)

Ah, right. That's a nice option. But then again, they would be forced to throw rocks when used for Magic Cancel, Restrict Shot and such, instead of using a ranged weapon. Not sure how much that actually affects the power of those AAs though. (And of course, their canceling effect would still apply).

Millaren

Literate
Hi is there a trick to getting the Attack Type Allied - "Rush" attack, I'm on B4F and still have not pick up it up. i seen guide online talking about getting it on first floor.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Hi is there a trick to getting the Attack Type Allied - "Rush" attack, I'm on B4F and still have not pick up it up. i seen guide online talking about getting it on first floor.

There is a ALLEID section under Adventurer's Guild -> ATTACK TYPE ALLEID -> RUSH which shows the requirements.

Every party member needs to single target attack (back row with Throwing Knives ideally) against a group of enemies that consists of more than four enemies. Also, you need the ALLIANCE trust rank.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Has anyone been able to find a working download link of this game? All the links google search is giving to me appear to be dead or fake. Seems an extremely overlooked title even compared to other japanese Wizardries and Wizardry-likes.

d1r

Patron
It's probably one of the most overlooked DRPG's in general.

Arthandas

Prophet
Why is the "Atlus best collection" version going for 10 times as much as standard release? Does it have any additional content or something?

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey guys! :D Looks like a killer DRPG! Is the included download from Google Drive also the English translated version? Thanks a lot Diablo1_reborn for your work here, u are a legend for this! :) <3

d1r

Patron
Arthandas
No. It's just price fixing or people trying to make a buck out of really rare/unknown games.

Fluent
The links olny offer the guide (which is pretty big)

Last edited:

Arthandas

Prophet
No. It's just price fixing or people trying to make a buck out of really rare/unknown games.
So there's only one version of Busin 0, no different patches etc? I want to get a physical copy since it's relatively cheap (apart from the Atlus best re-release) compared to some other PS2 games but I don't want to end up with some outdated release.

Millaren

Literate
Just when i finally feel comfortable with reading jap, i lost interest in the medium, it's a fucking curse.
Same thing happen to my run i got down to Floor 5 i did few room and real life job got in the way. 5-6 month later hmm what was doing again.

Axel Daemon

Novice
May I first say, massive thanks to the guide you provided.
Me and a buddy of mine are two manning it. He plays the game and streams it, while I narrate the story with my nonexistent and terrible voice acting. Good times haha.

I had him beat Wizardry ToFL, he loved it then I had the crazy idea to try the above thing I mentioned.
Wouldn't have happen had it not been for you and your guide. Truly thanks.

Some questions though.

1. Does the Gizoku/HighThief need to have vacant space on themselves to steal? Or does the stolen item go to the next person. In fact what happens if you steal with a full inventory on everyone. Steal the item and then gets trashed immediately perhaps?

2. I don't suppose there's a way to use cheat engine to peek at a character and see if they have a hidden potential before you finish unlocking that feature at Vigger's shop?

d1r

Patron
May I first say, massive thanks to the guide you provided.
Me and a buddy of mine are two manning it. He plays the game and streams it, while I narrate the story with my nonexistent and terrible voice acting. Good times haha.

I had him beat Wizardry ToFL, he loved it then I had the crazy idea to try the above thing I mentioned.
Wouldn't have happen had it not been for you and your guide. Truly thanks.

Some questions though.

1. Does the Gizoku/HighThief need to have vacant space on themselves to steal? Or does the stolen item go to the next person. In fact what happens if you steal with a full inventory on everyone. Steal the item and then gets trashed immediately perhaps?

2. I don't suppose there's a way to use cheat engine to peek at a character and see if they have a hidden potential before you finish unlocking that feature at Vigger's shop?

Well, that's one way to tackle the game! :salute:

1. If the Gizoku or High Thief don't have enough space in their inventory, the item will be just discarded. Respectively, the items will not transfer to another party member.
2. I sadly can not tell you.

Axel Daemon

Novice
Thanks for the info.

Gotta say I could tell love and care was put into this game when the animation for the orc at the Vigger shop had minute changes.
Was talking with some buddies, while keeping the music running in the background. Was staring at that orc tilling/working the soil with all the vegetables growing.
I'm also looking forward to how the Vigger shop 'evolves' (if any more).

After an hour I noticed the dude suddenly tripped and fell on the ground. It's not even consistent too. It's random at times.
I don't think there's ever gonna be another game quite like this one.

That being said.
Looks like only bits and pieces of the Wizardry Alternative Neo OST is on YT, and that's all from people just recording ingame and letting it play out.
Definitely can see myself looping some of the soundtracks while grinding in other games haha.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I'm taking my chances, i'm not an OCD faggot and don't care about rushing through games also emulating is for zoomer faggots wanting gamer cred without even playing as the devs intended, i would never take the opinion of someone that emulated a video game as valid.

Just a man

Barely Literate
Combat animations are rather slow in both Busin 0 and Forsaken Land. I would absolutely recommend playing these games on an emulator with a fast-forward function. I have finished Forsaken Land on both original hardware and PCSX2 (with fast-forwarding) and the difference is pretty massive. But hey, the choice is yours.

The gameplay in Forsaken Land is largely similar to Busin 0, but for those that have no experience with either (this is for Forsaken Land, but a lot of it apply to Busin 0 as well):

You create the main character in typical wizardry fashion, choosing race, class etc. (You can choose to play as female, but the game will refer to you as male). Then you need to play a tutorial of sorts with a few premade characters before you get the option to create custom ones. At this point you can create your whole party, mix it up with some premades, or even stick with premades only. You can encounter more premades in the labyrinth later on to fill out your party.

There is a "menu town" (but in 3D) with shops, an inn, a bar and so on, and then there is the labyrinth, which is pretty much a big dungeon with several large floors to explore. This is done a bit differently than classic wizardry, as both your party and the monsters will move around in realtime. Walking into a monster will start a fight. There are no random encounters, but there are boss fights in set locations. Combat is, of course, turnbased. Choose commands for everyone, then watch how it all plays out.

Each floor is a bit different in style and layout (and two floors are randomized), but don't expect anything overly complex or mean like dark room + spinners or such. There is a fairly annoying teleporter maze though. There is an automap showing the nearby area, and iirc a spell for a larger map of the current floor.

You can teleport out of the labyrinth by using a readily avaliable "Transfer Potion" (and later on, a spell), but you will have to return on foot. You can unlock several shortcuts, but still, there will be some backtracking.

Another big change from classic wizardry is the use of "Trust" and "Allied Actions". Basically, each character except the main character can gain or lose trust depending on what you do in the labyrinth, and the character's "personality", which is set at character creation, and is determined by race and alignment. For example, a human with good alignment will have the "Justice" personality, and will gain trust if you let friendly monsters go, but lose trust if you choose to fight them.

Your characters combined trust will determine what kind of allied actions are avaliable. These are basically actions that require two or more characters to combine their turn to do offensive and/or defensive maneuvers. These can be quite powerful, and the game is balanced around using them. There is a limit on how many such actions you can take in a turn, but no limit in how often you can use them.

The magic system is a bit unusual too. All classes except fighter can learn spells to a certain degree, or rather, they will unlock spell slots. To actually learn spells you have to use materials dropped by monsters and combine these into magic stones, which are then used to learn the spells. Most spells can then be improved several steps, using the same procedure. It is kind of a neat idea imo, but it can get a bit tedious and repetitive after a while. There is also a way later in the game to get specific materials more easily, which helps.

Finally, the story is (imo) surprisingly decent for a dungeon crawler, if you care at all for such things. It's mostly presented through non-interactive cutscenes with static characters, text and music in a simple way, but I think it's done nicely and helps to set the mood. There is a bleak and tragic tone to it all, although there are also a few humorous characters and events. Premade characters often have something to say too, after story events.

Last edited:

Ysaye

Arbiter
I'm taking my chances, i'm not an OCD faggot and don't care about rushing through games also emulating is for zoomer faggots wanting gamer cred without even playing as the devs intended, i would never take the opinion of someone that emulated a video game as valid.

I have only played ToFL on PS2 (I bought a PS2 specifically for it) and it's animation are S...L...O..W; probably the first Wizardry game which made me realise how redundant every transition animation, as nice a touch as they are the first time, are so unnecessary in a game like this where you are going to fight a lot of battles.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
This is an obscur bitch to find. I easily found music files

ah.. doh! Found a archive that doesn't have all that nasty malware and popup shit. I should have checked this place first. I wonder if i already had it?

Last edited:

somerandomdude

Learned
If someone here is capable of making a translation patch for this game, but doesn't have the time to do it for free, me and (probably) a few others could chip in financially to get the ball rolling. I know there's some people on codex who can do rom/ISO hacking.

I think a good place to start would be to translate the menus/UI. So, if someone wants to take a look at the game to determine how difficult it would be to translate, and would like to quote me a price for doing the menus/UI, then PM me. Payments would be made via paypal.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If someone here is capable of making a translation patch for this game, but doesn't have the time to do it for free, me and (probably) a few others could chip in financially to get the ball rolling. I know there's some people on codex who can do rom/ISO hacking.

I think a good place to start would be to translate the menus/UI. So, if someone wants to take a look at the game to determine how difficult it would be to translate, and would like to quote me a price for doing the menus/UI, then PM me. Payments would be made via paypal.
I would contribute with 50 EUR/USD.

sorcerian

Novice

I would contribute with 50 EUR/USD.
Same. I can put in $100 USD, maybe more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom