Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo (Translation / Guide included)

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Just curious, has anyone given it a go yet?

Kyerx

Literate
Just curious, has anyone given it a go yet?
I just started it today. Tried playing it before without a translation/guide, didn't stick with it.

Currently rolling stats, will see how far I get using this guide. Plan on playing it for the rest of the week/weekend. Will post if any need arises/ or I finish the game

Kyerx

Literate
Sorry for the double post, but I have an update. Just started on B2F,party is level 7, and trust rank is at 6. Yeah, I'm overleveled a lot. At this pace, I'll be done in a month or so, but guide is amazing 10/10:dance:
7rNkI7d.jpg

d1r

Patron
You're really close at finding a ALLEID that lets you kill monster groups much faster with spellcasters.

Millaren

Literate
I just made to B4F , Party level 9 i feel i should be 1 or 2 more level before running around B4F. I having a lot of fun, I been waiting years to play this game and understand what the hell is going on.

d1r

Patron
I just made to B4F , Party level 9 i feel i should be 1 or 2 more level before running around B4F. I having a lot of fun, I been waiting years to play this game and understand what the hell is going on.

You liking the story so far? Any idea what Aurora is all about?

Millaren

Literate
yeah i'm enjoying the story up to this point, i wish companion would talk more in this game but i feel like in TOFL they add more atmosphere to the game. As for Aurora i feel like the game about to take me for another misdirection storyline similar to TOFL.

jungl

Augur
isnt there a ai translator for retroarch that makes jap games playable

Millaren

Literate
I had hard time finding a ISO for it too, I would link the website but i don't think I'm allow to post on this forum.

Kyerx

Literate
Been too busy to play until tonight. Anyway, couldn't find anything about this in the guide. Beat Cerberus on B2F and ported back to town to rest. What does it all mean?
IIVPHNE.jpg
GosZJiL.jpg

d1r

Patron
Been too busy to play until tonight. Anyway, couldn't find anything about this in the guide. Beat Cerberus on B2F and ported back to town to rest. What does it all mean?
IIVPHNE.jpg
GosZJiL.jpg

Check TAVERN REQUEST #9 CONFLICT

Time limit of Request #9 passed. If you get those red messages, you missed a time limit of a Tavern Request. The next time you go to the place where TQ#9 takes place, you will trigger additional content on certain circumstances (since you haven't failed it yet).

You can also read more about Conflicts at the beginning of the TAVERN REQUEST section in the guide.

Last edited:

Kyerx

Literate
Check TAVERN REQUEST #9 CONFLICT

Time limit of Request #9 passed. If you get those red messages, you missed a time limit of a Tavern Request. The next time you go to the place where TQ#9 takes place, you will trigger additional content on certain circumstances (since you haven't failed it yet).

You can also read more about Conflicts at the beginning of the TAVERN REQUEST section in the guide.

Thanks, I'm embarrassed that I missed that in the guide. Seems obvious now :salute:

Millaren

Literate
What are people running for party setups, myself Front row - Knight to samurai , Monk , Gizoku ( stealing items is huge deal in this game) , Back row Priest to Bishop, Knight, Mage

Just a man

Barely Literate
Finished the main quest. Diablo1_reborn: Massive, massive thank you for your insanely detailed guide! I enjoyed the game a lot, although I can't help but feel that TOTFL had slightly better pacing.

Some random thoughts and/or advice:

- This is probably quite obvious, but if you play this on an emulator (which I imagine most do), I strongly recommend using a fast-forward function to speed up the combat animations a bit. There is also an in-game option to disable them completely, but I personally found that a bit jarring.

- With the guide, the game is perfectly playable from beginning to end (well, the main quest anyway) even with no ability to read Japanese. Menu navigation is mostly a matter of memorization, and events and such are clearly marked in the guide. Having to constantly look up loot can get a bit tiresome though.

- You will unlock shortcuts in the labyrinth every now and then, but still, be prepared to do a fair amount of walking through already explored floors.

- The main quest is absolutely manageble without any grinding. Of course, I spammed the Soul Crash AA quite a bit once my monk finally decided to trigger it, which probably helped a lot (it really is very, very strong).

- I never used a bishop at all, but never really lacked money either (bishop can identify items for free). Then again, I never bought any class-changing jewels or such.

- Yoppen best NPC.

My party (never used any premades):

Dwarf Knight, Dwarf Monk, Dwarf Knight
Human Gizoku, Gnome Priest, Elf Mage

(I occasionally used the Gizoku in the front row too, for stealing).

d1r

Patron
FIG FIG THI
MAG PRI ALCH

Was my second party until late game. I liked the idea of having a front row Thief fighter who could use greataxes together with the other fighters (it was a full dwarven party). Also, Alchemists are really not that good in the game.

d1r

Patron
Finished the main quest. Diablo1_reborn: Massive, massive thank you for your insanely detailed guide! I enjoyed the game a lot, although I can't help but feel that TOTFL had slightly better pacing.

Some random thoughts and/or advice:

- This is probably quite obvious, but if you play this on an emulator (which I imagine most do), I strongly recommend using a fast-forward function to speed up the combat animations a bit. There is also an in-game option to disable them completely, but I personally found that a bit jarring.

- With the guide, the game is perfectly playable from beginning to end (well, the main quest anyway) even with no ability to read Japanese. Menu navigation is mostly a matter of memorization, and events and such are clearly marked in the guide. Having to constantly look up loot can get a bit tiresome though.

- You will unlock shortcuts in the labyrinth every now and then, but still, be prepared to do a fair amount of walking through already explored floors.

- The main quest is absolutely manageble without any grinding. Of course, I spammed the Soul Crash AA quite a bit once my monk finally decided to trigger it, which probably helped a lot (it really is very, very strong).

- I never used a bishop at all, but never really lacked money either (bishop can identify items for free). Then again, I never bought any class-changing jewels or such.

- Yoppen best NPC.

My party (never used any premades):

Dwarf Knight, Dwarf Monk, Dwarf Knight
Human Gizoku, Gnome Priest, Elf Mage

(I occasionally used the Gizoku in the front row too, for stealing).

Gizokus can steal from the back row too if you give them a halberd and change class from GIZ->KNI->GIZ. ;)

And yeah, looking up items (especially inventory management without fucking item pictures!) is probably the most annoying part of the game with the guide. I am glad that people still manage to play through the game, even with that in mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom