Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs/Glitches thread

Perkel

Arcane
I have locked game at 50fps (due to my awesome tv and awesome 50hz option) but i noticed game stutters a lot and it is not fluid.
Same thing with cutscenes and movies. Also stuttering

In case of cinematics and cutscenes game seems to load things in background.
In case of gameplay i think it has something to do with their UMBRA engine for LOD. I did several 360 in village and it seems to stutter in same places.
Or maybe it is some weird camera to framerate rope tie.

Gerrard

Arcane
Someone should've told CDPR that being buggy as fuck was not the reason behind Skyrim's success.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Fake papers quest in chapter 2.
If you tell the guy you want a discount by helping his brother. Then either fail the follow-up quest or have a change of heart and pay full price, the merchant doesn't actually give you a pass. Quest updates to completed, then changes to failed immediately afterwards.
You will never be able to enter novigrad and finish second chapter.

Merchant refuses to talk to you again. Game over. All you can do is reload an earlier save.

Perkel

Arcane
If you tell the guy you want a discount by helping his brother. Then either fail the follow-up quest or have a change of heart and pay full price, the merchant doesn't actually give you a pass. Quest updates to completed, then changes to failed immediately afterwards.

Merchant refuses to talk to you again. Game over. All you can do is reload an earlier save.

Lol that is pretty bad

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

But there are other ways to get those pass papers? I got mine from the Baron.

Edit: Maın bug/problem is the freaking AI. It is just horrible if you try different aproaches. I should've recorded how I captured a wywern inside some tower ruins...
Also hairworks fail hard seldom. Time to time Geralt's hair act like its some Loreal commercial, windy inside blood dungeons...

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin
Anyone had any problems with raindrops?

I can see the raindrops normally, but if I reload, the raindrops disappear although all other rain effects (puddle shader, wet shader on characters, droplets on roofs and houses) are still there. I manage to find a way to make them reappear by loading a save with a clear weather, the reloading the save in which it is raining.

Gerrard

Arcane
NPCs sometimes walk into your horse and react as if you bumped into them. Multiple times.
:australia:

Last edited:
didnt make a ss, but anyone had this moment of horror:

right after geralt is shaved and you can see his face for the first time after that, "facial hair layer" seems to be removed for few seconds... as a result wolf was missing not only beard but eye brows etc as well. xD

yes. what was seen cannot be unseen.

Beowulf

Arcane
When buying schematics for various items you cannot see their statistics, unless you press "I" key, according to the prompt. But if you press I, you will exit shop buying screen.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Can't craft armors anymore. All the blacksmitshs and armorcrafters cna do components, swords, silver swords and bolts. But armor/pants/gloves are gone from the crafting menu. Even on the ones who used to be able to craft them for me. Haven't been able to since level 8 or so and I'm getting kind of squishy in fights now. They also stopped selling schematics altogether.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I have gotten so many bugs and annoying glitches in this game. Pretty disappointed.

Just did a quest, won't post spoilers.. but basically an NPC I am supposed to follow stopped in front of a doorway and wouldn't move.. This was part of a closed off quest so I couldn't backtrack or go around her and she wouldn't move past that point. So I was trying to charge and jump over her head.. Eventually had to reload a save.

The memory leaks are pretty bad too.. after a few hours Witcher 3 Will usually crash with over 32 gigs of ram tied up. Pretty obnoxious.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Few glitches i encountered:

Geralt refuses to draw sword so i have to do unarmed combat, happened a few times
Cant talk to weaponsmith west of baron anymore. Some fast traveling reset this, eventually..
Show me what you got in store does nothing on some vendors. Maybe they dont have inventory..
Several minor gfx glitches, floaters etc
1 ctd. (In 20 hours playtime)

DramaticPopcorn

After having done some combat on the horse, all Geralt's animations sped up significantly for some reason, while everything else goes normal speed. Reloading didn't work, pls halp
P.S.:i have gog version

Last edited by a moderator:
I've met 3 bugs today:

- One with triss (and another NPC) stuck in a static position, just sliding on the screen. Quite like AC unity. It fixed after awhile.
- another one in which i got stuck in a random place. Geralt could walk, run, roll, cast signs, but never leave the spot. happend in front of a bulletin board, and once underwater close to a bridge.
- after completing the ritual in "forefathers eve" quest, Geralts mentions the weather being calm, and water gets pretty much visually calmer, to the point I still don't know if it was a bug or a possible state, since it displayed all reflections, but no waves at all. It got the normal way after sex scene with Keira, though.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I stuck yesterday duing some contrat for halflings. One of them supposed to give me the keys of a door, but cutscene didn't want to happen.
So I pressed "E" like mad in front of that door for 10-15 seconds and voila! Halfling bastard arrived with his cutscene!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Herbalists, armorsmiths and blacksmiths don't show up on the world map unless you're already near them. Makes finding them in Novigrad a bit bothersome until you've memorized their locations.

Also, latest patch has introduced a lot of random crashing when starting cutscenes for me.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
In the Tower Outta Nowheres quest when giving the mage the book he deactivated the barrier and just stands there.
When holding the signs wheel open as he's deactivating the barrier the automated systems voice came on and the game proceeded; this was after closing the game and loading which I did before but didn't fix it so it's either the luck of the load or the bullet time that fixed the scripting.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
This seems to be happening a lot more now with the latest patch:

tfjyew.jpg
wsujev.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
This particular bug is one thing that never happened to me. Seems to be related to particular hardware/drivers?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Though to be honest, the video I'm linking to is nowhere near as funny as the .gif that MotherMachinae linked to in the above post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom