Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BROS ULTIMA SAVAGE EMPIRE

They are RPGs but ultimately at the weaker end of the scale, and you can only really evaluate them as such by the aggregate of features. What brings them over the line is the freedom the Avatar has in between story events to essentially define himself and do as he wishes such as train attributes (including his companions'), outfit himself, acquire party members, follow side quests and make his own moral decisions. This is reduced further in SI obviously, but you have to remember that the [combat] stats are there underneath it all, with numerous opportunities to train them in different ways, but the low difficulty level of the game simply makes it that much harder to quantify their effects as you are playing

Stats make a big difference in U7, but as Mighty Mouse said, the characters happen to start with them all high enough to complete the game with ease, meaning you are almost never in a position to see them at low values. You can always test it out with serpent venom and see what happens. Save beforehand though.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I completed Savage Empire, it gets a thumbs down. The manual is good and I like the interaction with the environment as well as the crafting. I like the t-rex blocking your path puzzle, but other than that, boring. How can you make a game with dinosaurs boring?

:M : Defeat me and earn feathers!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom