Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BROS HALO REACH REVIEW

L'ennui

Magister
FeelTheRads said:
Fancy power armor? Ugliest armor I've ever seen.

This is the key to understanding FUCKING WEABOO SHIT. Shoo! Shoo!

desocupado

Magister
L'ennui said:
FeelTheRads said:

Weaboo shit?

I was thinking of a Space Marine's power armor, when I agreed with that very monocled gentleman.

You know, the servants of the Emperor of Mankind? The sword that pierces the heart of the alien scum, the vile mutant, the filthy heretic?

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Multi-headed Cow said:
Novels I think, but I haven't played ODST, Halo Wars, or Reach. But yeah, they're fun. Especially if you have a bro to play co-op with. Also have no real idea why the multiplayer is so popular on console but that's one area where I'm a PC elitist. I get pissed right the fuck off as soon as I start trying to play console shooters multiplayer even though I can stand them singleplayer.

My big complaint is the controller. Controllers are such colossal pieces of shit when it comes to aiming. Everything is so slow and cumbersome. Difficulty aiming is kinda fixed, in a half-assed way, by autoaim, but there is nothing to be done about the loss of situational awareness. The slower you are able to accurately shift your viewpoint, the less aware you are of your surroundings. I always feels as if I have tunnel vision with no peripheral awareness at all.

ElectricOtter

MisterStone said:
Real bros play Marathon.

:rpgcodex:
Hell yeah. But I never got far in the first Marathon game 'cause it's so lacking in health... am I missing something? I can't find any health on the first two levels.

Multi-headed Cow

ScottishMartialArts said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
Novels I think, but I haven't played ODST, Halo Wars, or Reach. But yeah, they're fun. Especially if you have a bro to play co-op with. Also have no real idea why the multiplayer is so popular on console but that's one area where I'm a PC elitist. I get pissed right the fuck off as soon as I start trying to play console shooters multiplayer even though I can stand them singleplayer.

My big complaint is the controller. Controllers are such colossal pieces of shit when it comes to aiming. Everything is so slow and cumbersome. Difficulty aiming is kinda fixed, in a half-assed way, by autoaim, but there is nothing to be done about the loss of situational awareness. The slower you are able to accurately shift your viewpoint, the less aware you are of your surroundings. I always feels as if I have tunnel vision with no peripheral awareness at all.
Yup, exactly. And that's ok against the AI, especially when you tend to know where the baddies are/will be, but it's a pain online when there are enemies popping up all around.

And they're usually better at using the controller than I am which just makes me :rpgcodex: more.

lightbane

Arcane
ElectricOtter said:
MisterStone said:
Real bros play Marathon.

:rpgcodex:
Hell yeah. But I never got far in the first Marathon game 'cause it's so lacking in health... am I missing something? I can't find any health on the first two levels.

That's because normally there aren't. The only "health" you'll find in any level are certain energy terminals that recharge your (non-regenerating) shields. You must know where they are and retreat to recharge when you need it, but if I recall correcty certain terminals had limited charges but gave you extra energy (x2 or even x3 shields).

Project: Eternity
Trash said:
If you paid attention in Halo 3 it became clear that MC is a mute Mexican cook who due to a freaky administrative accident (it is implied that the AI is to blame) got assigned as a spartan. The rest is history.

*Not sure if serious*

Seriously?

Yeah. His real name is Jesús Méndez. :bluff:

HaloHola.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
L'ennui said:
FeelTheRads said:

wat

Ah, I see, you're gonna tell me that armor is totally realistic and if I think it looks like shit (well, mainly the helmet looks like it was shaped by kicking it) then it means I'm a weaboo.

Get the fuck out, halotard. Shoo! Shoo!

lightbane

Arcane
Freelance Henchman said:
Trash said:
If you paid attention in Halo 3 it became clear that MC is a mute Mexican cook who due to a freaky administrative accident (it is implied that the AI is to blame) got assigned as a spartan. The rest is history.

*Not sure if serious*

Seriously?

Yeah. His real name is Jesús Méndez. :bluff:

HaloHola.jpg

That must be a reference to Halo's usual horrible translation, with Halo 2 being one of the games with worst voice-acting ever existed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSak1kjq3WI

L'ennui

Magister
FeelTheRads: Nothing personnal, but yeah, that was my deduction.

Feel free to share a non-ugly, non-weaboo power armor that looks KINDA SEMI PLAUSIBLY realistic!

halo_reach_spartanIII.jpg

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Nostradumbass

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
I used to call Master Chief "sergeant major" because I could never remember what he was really called. I'm still undecided as to which is a stupider name.
My dad was a chief in the Navy. It's short for chief petty officer. Next rank up from him was master chief petty officer. Why a bionic super soldier from outer space is a lowly NCO doesn't make a lot of sense, of course.

bcaus ncos get shit done? officers are just commanders apart from early on in their career right. high ranking ncos and officers spend their time back at the base or whatever, not in the heat of it (makes sense, u dont want to lose them when you already have intermediate solutions).

who cares tho its HALOOOOOOOOOOOO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom