Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BROS HALO REACH REVIEW

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
ANYONME HAVE A HALO REACH REVIEW FOR US BROS I KNOW WE HAVE A BUNCH OF CONSOLETARD FAGS HERE AS WELL AS TRUE BROS WHO WILL POLAY THE GAME TEN TIMES TO FULLY DIGEST EVERY MORSEL OF SHITTYNESS

BROS I BET IT HAS REGENERATING HEALTH LOLLOLLOL CONSOLEFAGS AND BROS I BET IT HAS GUNS AND STIFF LOLOLLOL AT CONSOLEFAGS SHOOTING THING WITH CONSOLEFAG GUNS

racofer

Thread Incliner
I reviewed it yesterday

290y25f.jpg

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Based on a video of the first 15 minutes of the game, it looks like it's gone back to the Halo 1 system of regenerating shields but finite health and medpacks.

L'ennui

Magister
ScottishMartialArts said:
Based on a video of the first 15 minutes of the game, it looks like it's gone back to the Halo 1 system of regenerating shields but finite health and medpacks.

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOtastic!

Haven't played Reach, don't have an XBAWKS anymore, may never play it unless it gets a shitty PC port... but I'm a relentless Halotard (verifiable fact; I've even read the fucking novel recounting the fall of Reach), so I'm sure it's a fucking good game.

:thumbsup:

attackfighter

Magister
I read 2 halo novels as well, and they were alright.

Better than the Baldurs Gate novels :smug:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
What pisses me off is youtube gameplay vids. Fucking retards playing the game don't even look at plot sensitive stuff, instead focusing on switching their weapons as fast as they can, run into every combat with the old spray and pray tactic and seem to be incapable of moving any distance without bunny hopping.

:x

L'ennui

Magister
Yeah, I agree that the one thing that annoys me about Halo is the player base. The rest is succulent.

(Except a good chunk of the Halo 2 campaign, including the ending.)

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
I used to call Master Chief "sergeant major" because I could never remember what he was really called. I'm still undecided as to which is a stupider name.
My dad was a chief in the Navy. It's short for chief petty officer. Next rank up from him was master chief petty officer. Why a bionic super soldier from outer space is a lowly NCO doesn't make a lot of sense, of course.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
kingcomrade said:
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
I used to call Master Chief "sergeant major" because I could never remember what he was really called. I'm still undecided as to which is a stupider name.
My dad was a chief in the Navy. It's short for chief petty officer. Next rank up from him was master chief petty officer. Why a bionic super soldier from outer space is a lowly NCO doesn't make a lot of sense, of course.

If you paid attention in Halo 3 it became clear that MC is a mute Mexican cook who due to a freaky administrative accident (it is implied that the AI is to blame) got assigned as a spartan. The rest is history.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Trash said:
If you paid attention in Halo 3 it became clear that MC is a mute Mexican cook who due to a freaky administrative accident (it is implied that the AI is to blame) got assigned as a spartan. The rest is history.

*Not sure if serious*

Seriously?

Multi-headed Cow

Nope. It's some not as good as Ender's Game shit where he/all the spartans got nabbed from their parents at a young age (Which were replaced with clones I think it was) and then spent years with brutal training where most of them died and then got cybernetic and biological enhancements and crap to become space marines.

Which presumably is why you never see anyone else wearing the fancy power armor.

attackfighter

Magister
Multi-headed Cow said:
Nope. It's some not as good as Ender's Game shit where he/all the spartans got nabbed from their parents at a young age (Which were replaced with clones I think it was) and then spent years with brutal training where most of them died and then got cybernetic and biological enhancements and crap to become space marines.

Which presumably is why you never see anyone else wearing the fancy power armor.

In the books it says if you wear power armour, you die (unless you're a spartan).

Destroid

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:

WHY DIDNT THEY JUST USE THE CLONES??

Drakron

Arcane
Destroid said:

Because they die ... fast, they are simply used so nobody suspects they are kidnapping children to turn then into super-soldiers.

Well that was SPARTAN-II project, SPARTAN-III were orphans from the Covenant War that was supposed to be cheaper and with a wider pool of candidates so they would have more (unlike SPARTAN-II that was very strict and so few), SPARTAN were volunteers from the armed forces.

Of course the "fun part" was SPARTAN-II started before Covenant shown up as they were planned to go against rebellions, I supposed they made that up to show how questionable was the whole thing to start with, not that people seem to care as they were playing Master Chief, The Last of the SPARTANS that is SPECIAL!

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Drakron said:
Destroid said:

Because they die ... fast, they are simply used so nobody suspects they are kidnapping children to turn then into super-soldiers.

Well that was SPARTAN-II project, SPARTAN-III were orphans from the Covenant War that was supposed to be cheaper and with a wider pool of candidates so they would have more (unlike SPARTAN-II that was very strict and so few), SPARTAN were volunteers from the armed forces.

Of course the "fun part" was SPARTAN-II started before Covenant shown up as they were planned to go against rebellions, I supposed they made that up to show how questionable was the whole thing to start with, not that people seem to care as they were playing Master Chief, The Last of the SPARTANS that is SPECIAL!

So was this unveiled in Halo 3 or Reach or the novels?

I knew the bit about them being enhanced with cybernetics and biotech but the rest is all new to me. Fucking Microsoft, if you ported these games I'd buy them. Buy them on sale, but buy them nonetheless. They're way overrated by consolefags, but are still a decent enough series.

Multi-headed Cow

Novels I think, but I haven't played ODST, Halo Wars, or Reach. But yeah, they're fun. Especially if you have a bro to play co-op with. Also have no real idea why the multiplayer is so popular on console but that's one area where I'm a PC elitist. I get pissed right the fuck off as soon as I start trying to play console shooters multiplayer even though I can stand them singleplayer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom