Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Broken Roads releasing on November 14th

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
You don't understand. Technology bad, hurts nature. Architecture bad, hurts nature. To be moral, you need to return to monke, live in mud huts (though those are stretching it, and regulations on them might be needed. Ideally you'd sleep under open skies), die in your 30's, and ideally not breed so that we all go extinct and leave this awesome planet pristine. Or so woke leftists tell me.
And I don't necessarily disagree wholesale. All this technology created flacid societies, completely bereft of purpose and unable to sustain themselves, much less propagate. Most of the time I just advocate for more introspection and taking a step back (or ten), but sometimes, especially after binging on markec doomscrolling, I'm starting to think Pol Pot style purges would be just fine.

Dont worry friend, sooner or later our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will bring the greatest purge to this world as all will be washed in fire of judgment.

indeed

and no one will be spared

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
runs poorly too
That's just Unity overall.
I swear it is not.

Unity with atlases and properly tuned runs like a bat out of hell.

I have a little kid right in front me right now riding a motorcycle across a 32 mile wide wasteland map with tons of structures and locations on it that I have not even optimized yet. Runs 66 frames a second perfect never a hitch. Massive rock outcroppings, huge formations and cliffs. (The kid protagonist himself is 12K triangles 18K with equipment, motorcycle 15K, renders like a blink after some game optimization)

When I see these Unity games (like the one above) I always know these guys spent about ten minutes learning about the engine.

Guarantee you I could push any of these Aussies off their chair and sit down and within ten minutes just changing some configuration it would suddenly be running without a hitch. These Australians, I understand them right down to the cellular level. They are incredible mindboggling dumbf*cks.

They're so envious they never concede any respect for one another, nor do they recognize the good or the absence of the good. You think of them as some sort of Americans south - I can assure you, they are not worthy to crawl 100 meters over broken glass and up a high chair to plant a kiss in the crack of the ass of any American at random. I was there thirty years and nothing scares them more when they know somebody is onto them. Convict scumbags. Take ten minutes to read the Unity documentation you dumba**. Can't even spare ten minutes.

P.S. IF IT IS AUSTRALIAN THEN IT IS ALSO FAKE & GAY

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Left side of the title screen the character in the foreground with the most detail is 100% nonbinary shitlib soybean fudgepacker two-souled bullet sponge.

... first three leading the Mardi Gras parade are LGBTQALPHABET fucks totally obvious.

Notice how like Disney they get close to launch date and suddenly all their pride hides because they know it is going to bomb

I'm a real survivalist. I can assure you that all LGBTQXYGTRSFE whatever people simply serve as prop skulls for robot tanks in establishing shots. Without society to prop them up, they'll be dead the first 24 hours of any major collapse. Darwin likes it that way. They also provide bone pile filler for the profile of the hero when the top hatch of the tank opens and I come out with a cowboy hat and a phased plasma rifle. I then fire at a crow pecking out one of the eyes of a bleached skull. They are the skull. That is the only shot in the story they are in. The crow dodges and survives. He's in the movie later on as part of the motif established.

Last edited:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
For what it's worth, I think the Moral Compass thing sounds like a pretty interesting concept. Not sure I'll like it, but I can surely appreciate the devs exploring new ideas. Besides, falloutlike is always a good thing.
I always thought the idea of living in a Mad Max dystopia would be pretty awesome, but playing a game and becoming a wanted outlaw for mis-gendering too many wasteland savages tribals uh residence challenged indigenous people of color seems like it would fly in the face of entertainment.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

stop shilling this crap, its literally the worst shit I have ever seen

People think of free market systems and they think ... they have to be self-correcting. If you have an investor and a potential profit instrument, the investor is supposed to watch his investment and the people working on the potential profit mechanism are themselves supposed to be using good judgement to avoid wasting the investor's investment. If they waste it all on a circle jerk, cheap liquor and dope ... the free market penalizes insanity by depriving it of funds. In this way, mental hygiene of some variety has to be maintained because else crazy people will just burn up all the money.

My first experience with all of this on STONES OF ARNHEM showed me just how gibbering mad the Australian people really are. Somebody needed to put a stop to all the insanity and practice market discipline. Fire the manager. Fire the creative director. Get new ones in and salvage the project.

Australia is a broken pathological society. They have no self-corrective mechanisms. They don't know when it's enough.

I saw this again and again ... there are no adults in the society. Nobody brings everybody within the sanity flags by saying "It's my f*cking investment, do you understand? Don't waste my money and expect to continue working for me. You're fired." The essence of reform is recognition there is a problem to begin with. Australia is busted at every single institutional level. You could make a list of things and I would show you how each is broken ... the government, the media, the clergy and the people and many other categories of social organization.

You can't have a high trust society in a nation that appears to be insane convicts who have lost their grip on reality.

Where is the feedback mechanism where the people funding this project say "My money, my project. Take that f*cking tranny off the title screen and put those larping faggots into some gear that doesn't make even the main menu look like a joke. Before they even start the game."

No reform. No help is coming, Australia. The abos and many other self-righteous people who are the least capable members of the society in a reverse meritocracy will eventually float to the top of that broken nation. When their power is complete, your ass will get a ride like Ned Beatty in DELIVERANCE after they have gotten bored of raping your wife and daughter. You won't do anything about it. You can't. You will not reform your society, it is doomed. You can't even fix a main title screen for a video game before it is released.

The British figured it out a couple hundred years ago. These people are hopeless and no deus ex machina is ever going to appear to fix their problems for them, as they seem to act is bound to happen sooner or later if they just sit on their hands waiting for this mysterious force to do for them what they cannot do for themselves. They will never reform.

If you read this far, you are looking at the fate of the United States too. This country is morphing into Australia, the land down under which never goes anywhere but downhill.

aratuk

Cipher
Wait, Cleve seems to be saying he doesn't live in Australia these days. I am way behind on my lore.
Too bad there isn't just the one Grimoire thread anymore.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
You don't understand. Technology bad, hurts nature. Architecture bad, hurts nature. To be moral, you need to return to monke, live in mud huts (though those are stretching it, and regulations on them might be needed. Ideally you'd sleep under open skies), die in your 30's, and ideally not breed so that we all go extinct and leave this awesome planet pristine. Or so woke leftists tell me.
And I don't necessarily disagree wholesale. All this technology created flacid societies, completely bereft of purpose and unable to sustain themselves, much less propagate. Most of the time I just advocate for more introspection and taking a step back (or ten), but sometimes, especially after binging on markec doomscrolling, I'm starting to think Pol Pot style purges would be just fine.

Dont worry friend, sooner or later our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will bring the greatest purge to this world as all will be washed in fire of judgment.
That sounds quiet close to an Exterminatus.

Jesus Christ, heretic, xenos or an agent of the Emperor?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Not before Call of Saregnar is out I hope.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Not before Call of Saregnar is out I hope.
Only God knows when it will be, until then you should put an effort into making sure you are worthy of Kingdom of Heaven and to finish your backlog of games.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Wait, Cleve seems to be saying he doesn't live in Australia these days. I am way behind on my lore.
Too bad there isn't just the one Grimoire thread anymore.
You have missed the addition to canon.

I staged a daring escape from a quarantine camp in Victoria last year, killing a hundred guards with my bare hands. I ran down to the ocean and jumped into the surf with an inner tube I pulled off a police car after it tried to run me down and was completely totalled.

I then paddled the entire 3000 miles (I went around the long way Tierra Del Fuego to avoid the traffic at Los Angeles to get to Virginia) in just under 48 hours. A lot of people think this story is impossible. It probably is. Actually, it is. Nevertheless, I am sticking to it. Until I can think of something more plausible.

I am grateful to Australia - for letting me leave, with government permission of course.
If I were denied I would have had to stowed away on a boat. Funny that you have people hoping on boats to get there when I was trying to get out, both illegal.

With that thought in mind its a shame really that this game missed out on an opportunity to properly represent Australia. I think its a solid settings for an apocalyptic RPG. Unfortunately this is less Mad Max and more Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I am grateful to Australia - for letting me leave, with government permission of course.
If I were denied I would have had to stowed away on a boat. Funny that you have people hoping on boats to get there when I was trying to get out, both illegal.

With that thought in mind its a shame really that this game missed out on an opportunity to properly represent Australia. I think its a solid settings for an apocalyptic RPG. Unfortunately this is less Mad Max and more Priscilla Queen of the Desert.
Definitely. Imagine wolverine kangaroos and giant dingo monsters ... the potential is nearly endless. Australia would be awesome post-apoc setting. I used to imagine larping it all the time after the Chinese flattened it all. You'd already have huge armies of cannibal ferals and hideous inbred degenerates lined up to play wasteland scavengers and raiders.

Looks like the story in BROKEN HEMORRHOIDS is about a journey to a gay bar after Mardi Gras ended to get a proper fisting for all concerned.

Modron

Arcane
You can play Repella Fella if you want some post post apocalyptic australia.

Billy Pilgrim

Novice
... and for those of you who don't really know much about Australia ...

Yes, your instincts are 100% correct.

THE AUSTRALIANS ARE GOING TO GIVE IT BACK.

IT'S NOT A JOKE.

IT'S NOT EXAGGERATION.

THE ABOS ARE GOING TO GET SPECIAL LEGISLATIVE POWERS THAT WILL NOT ONLY ALLOW THEM TO VETO ANYTHING BUT THEIR VOTES WILL COUNT FOR MORE THAN THE WHITES.

NOW JUST IMAGINE WHERE THAT IS GOING.

ALREADY, ALL AUSTRALIANS ARE BEING TOLD "THEY NO LONGER OWN ANYTHING."

THE ABOS OWN IT. YOU ARE SIMPLY RENTING IT FROM THEM. YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AUSSIES.

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE AND EVERYTHING YOU EVER HAD WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU.
Same thing is happening in South Africa. However, the ANC has failed in their vision of "restoration". If they truly wanted the original inhabitants to own everything it wouldn't be the Khoza, Zulu, Venda, etc., but the Khoi San.

No, I do not support the ANC or any of their Marxist ideologies. I love my country though. But it is circling the drain. Thank you, ANC! A masterclass in incompetence.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

IT'S NOT A JOKE.

IT'S NOT EXAGGERATION.

THE ABOS ARE GOING TO GET SPECIAL LEGISLATIVE POWERS THAT WILL NOT ONLY ALLOW THEM TO VETO ANYTHING BUT THEIR VOTES WILL COUNT FOR MORE THAN THE WHITES.

THE ABOS OWN IT. YOU ARE SIMPLY RENTING IT FROM THEM. YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AUSSIES.

Same thing is happening in South Africa. However, the ANC has failed in their vision of "restoration". If they truly wanted the original inhabitants to own everything it wouldn't be the Khoza, Zulu, Venda, etc., but the Khoi San.

No, I do not support the ANC or any of their Marxist ideologies. I love my country though. But it is circling the drain. Thank you, ANC! A masterclass in incompetence.
The ANC is full of shills working fake opposition. They rubberstamp every single thing suggested to them.

"All white women communal property for leisure and recreation." ANC : "You're kidding, right? That will never pass." (passes) ANC = :hahyou:

"All white children to be used in burger filler and cheap sausage production." ANC : "You're kidding, right? That will never pass." (passes) ANC = :hahyou:

"All white owned property to be confiscated and surrendered to black ownership." ANC : "You're kidding, right? That will never pass." (passes) ANC = :hahyou:

Billy Pilgrim

Novice

IT'S NOT A JOKE.

IT'S NOT EXAGGERATION.

The ANC is full of shills working fake opposition. They rubberstamp every single thing suggested to them.

"All white women communal property for leisure and recreation." ANC : "You're kidding, right? That will never pass." (passes) ANC = :hahyou:

"All white children to be used in burger filler and cheap sausage production." ANC : "You're kidding, right? That will never pass." (passes) ANC = :hahyou:

"All white owned property to be confiscated and surrendered to black ownership." ANC : "You're kidding, right? That will never pass." (passes) ANC = :hahyou:
Glad someone outside of RSA sees that the "Madiba Dream" turned into an absurd circus. It's worse than apartheid in reverse. Now, everyone is a target if you don't support the "ANC Dream Team".

Different note, will always play and buy your games, Cleave!

Strig

Learned
The bottom text tells you everything you need to know.

obraz.png

You need to teach these wise custodians not to sleep on a road and remind them not to sniff petrol. I'll bet they're just magical negroes and noble savages in this game. At least they can sleep in peace on Broken Roads and there's no more petrol to sniff, so maybe with these evils of the White Man gone their minds cleared and they can again tap into the Dreamtime.

Now would you look at that! I did not set the image for autodeletion, so it's safe to assume some buttblasted faggot reported it. Why else would a screenshot of a game's menu get yeeted? Let's try this again, the same host, no autodeletion.

obraz.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom