Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Broken Roads releasing on November 14th

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
As I said in the main thead, this was made by Victorians, in VIC (the most pozzed state in the country) with funding from the VIC govt. It's guaranteed to not only be shit, but full of propaganda.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
For what it's worth, I think the Moral Compass thing sounds like a pretty interesting concept. Not sure I'll like it, but I can surely appreciate the devs exploring new ideas. Besides, falloutlike is always a good thing.

Last edited:

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
but I can surely appreciate the devs exploring new ideas
Exploring new ideas without ending up with something substantial is just a waste of time.

My cats also explore new ideas on how they'll fuck up everything here, doesn't mean that I will appreciate it.

Last edited:

Strig

Learned
The bottom text tells you everything you need to know.

obraz.png

You need to teach these wise custodians not to sleep on a road and remind them not to sniff petrol. I'll bet they're just magical negroes and noble savages in this game. At least they can sleep in peace on Broken Roads and there's no more petrol to sniff, so maybe with these evils of the White Man gone their minds cleared and they can again tap into the Dreamtime.

Last edited:

cpmartins

Cipher

obraz.png

You need to teach these wise custodians not to sleep on a road and remind them not to sniff petrol. I'll bet they're just magical negroes and noble savages in this game. At least they can sleep in peace on Broken Roads and there's no more petrol to sniff, so maybe with these evils of the White Man gone their minds cleared and they can again tap into the Dreamtime.
Custodians for how long? Thousands of years? What have they accomplished? What structures have they built, technologies they have developed? How did they improve the world by actual measurable standards so their children would have a better future?
There's a reason colonization was the best thing that could have ever happened to EVERY country that had it.
Custodians my ass, squatters more like.

thesecret1

Arcane

obraz.png

Custodians for how long? Thousands of years? What have they accomplished? What structures have they built, technologies they have developed? How did they improve the world by actual measurable standards so their children would have a better future?
There's a reason colonization was the best thing that could have ever happened to EVERY country that had it.
Custodians my ass, squatters more like.
You don't understand. Technology bad, hurts nature. Architecture bad, hurts nature. To be moral, you need to return to monke, live in mud huts (though those are stretching it, and regulations on them might be needed. Ideally you'd sleep under open skies), die in your 30's, and ideally not breed so that we all go extinct and leave this awesome planet pristine. Or so woke leftists tell me.

Strig

Learned
You don't understand. Technology bad, hurts nature. Architecture bad, hurts nature. To be moral, you need to return to monke, live in mud huts (though those are stretching it, and regulations on them might be needed. Ideally you'd sleep under open skies), die in your 30's, and ideally not breed so that we all go extinct and leave this awesome planet pristine. Or so woke leftists tell me.
And I don't necessarily disagree wholesale. All this technology created flaccid societies, completely bereft of purpose and unable to sustain themselves, much less propagate. Most of the time I just advocate for more introspection and taking a step back (or ten), but sometimes, especially after binging on markec doomscrolling, I'm starting to think Pol Pot style purges would be just fine.

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And I don't necessarily disagree wholesale. All this technology created flacid societies, completely bereft of purpose and unable to sustain themselves, much less propagate. Most of the time I just advocate for more introspection and taking a step back (or ten), but sometimes, especially after binging on markec doomscrolling, I'm starting to think Pol Pot style purges would be just fine.

Dont worry friend, sooner or later our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will bring the greatest purge to this world as all will be washed in fire of judgment.

Strig

Learned
And I don't necessarily disagree wholesale. All this technology created flacid societies, completely bereft of purpose and unable to sustain themselves, much less propagate. Most of the time I just advocate for more introspection and taking a step back (or ten), but sometimes, especially after binging on markec doomscrolling, I'm starting to think Pol Pot style purges would be just fine.

Dont worry friend, sooner or later our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will bring the greatest purge to this world as all will be washed in fire of judgment.
a3w0vZe_700b.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
As I said in the main thead, this was made by Victorians, in VIC (the most pozzed state in the country) with funding from the VIC govt. It's guaranteed to not only be shit, but full of propaganda.
I knew that and didn't mention it because of all the complex labyrinthine details you have to know about these kinds of projects. Grimoire itself started out this way until I canned it and sent the money back. If you have not lived in Australia or worse, Victoria ... you won't understand what kind of sh*tty communist economics produced this project. Impossible for it to be anything but mediocre crap. I spent ten years trying to spray the Queef off Grimoire that it acquired from its brief association with Australian financing.

Needless to say, it is a corrupt, ugly and childlike taxpayer-funded rorting system that generally awards grants to people who would otherwise be pushing shopping carts and collecting beer cans. I didn't even like the people involved because of the way they think about the world, the way they speak and most importantly the way they smell.

The instant I walked into the offices for my first funding discussion I knew something was horrifically wrong when I saw three trannies walking around in executive roles. I'll just leave that there for your imagination to run wild. I was never sure if everybody was pulling a train on these trannies after hours or if the trannies were pulling trains on them. Probably a little bit of both.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

I pity the leftist atheists who think the theology is about a peaceful return of the Messiah. They should read the Bible. There will be an ass-kicking the likes of which has never been seen before outside of a Jackie Chan movie.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
... and for those of you who don't really know much about Australia ...

Yes, your instincts are 100% correct.

THE AUSTRALIANS ARE GOING TO GIVE IT BACK.

IT'S NOT A JOKE.

IT'S NOT EXAGGERATION.

THE ABOS ARE GOING TO GET SPECIAL LEGISLATIVE POWERS THAT WILL NOT ONLY ALLOW THEM TO VETO ANYTHING BUT THEIR VOTES WILL COUNT FOR MORE THAN THE WHITES.

NOW JUST IMAGINE WHERE THAT IS GOING.

ALREADY, ALL AUSTRALIANS ARE BEING TOLD "THEY NO LONGER OWN ANYTHING."

THE ABOS OWN IT. YOU ARE SIMPLY RENTING IT FROM THEM. YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AUSSIES.

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE AND EVERYTHING YOU EVER HAD WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom