Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BRINK: THE END OF GAMES AS WE KNOW IT , POPAMOLE REVOLUTION

Exmit

Scholar

Achilles

Arcane
Unlocks and there are people shooting at other people? Well it's a role playing game then! Please move this to GRPG.

racofer

Thread Incliner
gonzales8zg4ka.png

racofer

Thread Incliner
HEY GUISE I HAD AN IDEA I MEAN MORGAN FREEMAN IS A GREAT ACTOR N SHIT HE SHOULD BE THE LGICAL CHOICE FOAR PLYING HITTLER IN A MOVIE COZ HE CAN LOOK REEL BADASS ND HAS A STORONG VOICE I BET HE COULD DO IT JUST FINE

ChristofferC

Magister
It's litterally painful for me to listen to marketing drones spewing out their generic meaningless marketing speak. It's come to a point where I zone out when a marketing drone starts speaking. :/

Edit: OH WOW SHOOTER ACTION AND STORY AT THE SAME TIME WE FOUND A NEW TRANSCENDANT GENRE HERE BROS WERE SO SMART

Edit2: Youtube commenters know their stuff "I've been playing FPS games since Wolfenstein and I can tell you this is the next evolutionary step for shooters" -- psycold

Achilles

Arcane
When it comes to mainstream gaming, almost every genre is practically dead. The only ones that have survived the mass cleansing of '05 are action and sports. That's it, there's nothing else out there.

This isn't even funny anymore. I keep hearing hype about this or that being revolutionary and every single time it turns out to be a generic shooter. It's like a cruel sick joke that's been running in the games industry for at least 5 years.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Destroid said:
poocolator said:
Recreate Tribes. Get rich.

When I was younger I thought MMO tribes would be great!

Now I am older I realise MMO is the disease.
Well, I've got to rail against this.
Tribes is fantastic. It always was. They simply did everyting right as far as online gaming goes.

Now that Tribes has died, and Tribes 2 is all but rotting as pleasantly, the new shit, honestly, pales in comparison. you've got to admit that Tribes was great, back in 1999.

ChristofferC

Magister
Alexandros said:
When it comes to mainstream gaming, almost every genre is practically dead. The only ones that have survived the mass cleansing of '05 are action and sports. That's it, there's nothing else out there.
And racing. I'd say that's a different genre than sports. And casual/party games.

Destroid

Arcane
poocolator said:
Destroid said:
poocolator said:
Recreate Tribes. Get rich.

When I was younger I thought MMO tribes would be great!

Now I am older I realise MMO is the disease.
Well, I've got to rail against this.
Tribes is fantastic. It always was. They simply did everyting right as far as online gaming goes.

Now that Tribes has died, and Tribes 2 is all but rotting as pleasantly, the new shit, honestly, pales in comparison. you've got to admit that Tribes was great, back in 1999.

Without a doubt, I rate Tribes as equal first place greatest FPS... OF ALL TIME.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Tribes was awesome. The real irony was that it was tacked on as an unadvertized freebie for the decidedly mediocre Starsiege mech game. Luckily, thanks to the true patriots at TPB, everyone got to enjoy the awesomeness of Tribes in an age before DRM madness.

Damn, I miss my green poopshooter. There was something distinctly satisfying about skiing into your opponents base and blowing shit up with green clouds of death. Only surpassed by narrowly managing to fit a scout aircraft into the flagroom on Rollercoaster and capping the flag without ever leaving your vehicle.

Also, Shazbot!

Achilles

Arcane
I dumped racing in sports because that's what they are basically (competitive activities). I totally forgot about party games. So we have three genres: Action, Sports and Casual. Everything else died a gruesome death at the hands of the Popamole squads.

Archibald

Arcane
It seams that these days nobody cares about making good games, revolutionize this, break that, end another shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom