Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Brigand: Oaxaca - post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico

My insane wizard character can't even regain hp by sleeping and is pretty much stranded nowhere. I don't even know the location of a single loa shrine. Just when I was at the brink of extinction I discovered a terrible spell that enables me to live on... parasitic touch. I have essentially become a vampire. This game simulates a mage going mad better than any mainstream fantasy RPG.

I don't even want to spoil what just happened but I think that my shenanigans upset some spirits that happen to be more real than one might think at first glance. :obviously:

agris

Arcane
Patron
There's no 1280x720 in DarkBASIC Pro, unfortunately. Someone on Discord said they were gonna look at the DBP source code, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
EDIT: (The C++ source code for DBP)
View attachment 39726
well, on the plus side it supports 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios (1920x1080 and 1920x1200). If you point me to the source, I may be able to add 1280x720 and 1280x800 to it. Probably easiest to do by overriding some of the useless resolutions like 1152x864 and 1280x960.

If you can't find a shrine, you can drink lots of alcohol to restore sanity like real life.

P.S.: Just looked at your signature. I started an open source Interactive Fiction engine on Visual Basic long time ago, but there's only one room right now: https://blancaster45.itch.io/beached-demo
Oh shit, I was just about to look up info on the insanity mechanic as I forgot what the game exactly told me. Good to know that I can continue my rampage as a non-affiliated drunk mad wizard.

I prefer to play interactive fiction nowadays. I like to play games for reactivity and interactive fiction provides plenty of that within a story. Modern RPGs usually lack in that department. While Brigand obviously doesn't tell a story with great prose, it does give you a lot of freedom to act within the world and affect it.

I am starting to feel like a gullible 12 year old hunting a bigfoot in Gta San Andreas. I KNOW WHAT I SAW. I will unload several magazines into it the next time I see it. If it can even be killed.

Brian Lancaster question, why does Zac turn hostile once he retreats into the forest after destroying the brewery? Dude even told me I should be loyal to him, but then randomly attacks in the forest.

Oh, he drops that after you kill him or some shit? Son of a bitch blasted my head off on the spot and I haven't tried to send him to meet George Floyd again, yet.

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
You can use fewer skills and it will disable the 2nd skill window if you want. You can also use AI scripts to have baddies target you and the party if a certain variable is 0, stuff like that. That's what I did for Ozee's Crew in Panama DLC because there is no official Eleggua Tribe in that one. Gonna release another patch tonight with improved world editor hopefully (maybe tomorrow).

You can use fewer skills and it will disable the 2nd skill window if you want. You can also use AI scripts to have baddies target you and the party if a certain variable is 0, stuff like that. That's what I did for Ozee's Crew in Panama DLC because there is no official Eleggua Tribe in that one. Gonna release another patch tonight with improved world editor hopefully (maybe tomorrow).
Cool stuff, man. I know my way around Blender, more or less, so I think I might cook up something in the upcoming months. Haven't even finished the main game though, I am a busy man.
:M

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Version 12.4, the Smokes Update
Cigarettes now available in NIGHTMARE DLC
Added smokes into BRIGAND - NIGHTMARE DLC thanks to Quadrajet's scripts. Also fixed a problem with skeleton arms attacking, where they were testing collision between people's legs and missing the crotch entirely. Final update of all time.

Complete list of changes:

SOURCE CODE:
-Added script command: "deusEx" to max out a sentient object's skills, abilities, and resistances.
-Fixed broken attack code for very short attackers (currently only skeleton arms).
-Fixed menu messages when changing game speed.

RESOURCES:
-SkeletonArms now spawn higher on the Y axis in INI script and have 50 Stealth (plus a face image).
-Updated object and added use script: vendorCig.
-New object and icon: cigs.
-New face: skeletonArm.

STORY FILES: (requires starting a new game)
-(NIGHTMARE) Updated cigarette vendor scripts and placed a couple more in NIGHTMARE and NIGHTMARE (ES) story files.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom