Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Bloodstained - Koji Igarashi's new metroidvania game

deuxhero

Arcane
Pastebin or find another source. You do NOT want to give polygon hits.

Tehdagah

Arcane
http://swordorwhip.com/

http://nichegamer.com/2015/05/koji-igarashis-castlevania-spiritual-successor-is-further-teased/

Edit: Well, this can be a mobile game. Maybe a "Clash of Clans" clone:

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,7935.285.html

another.jpg

igavania.png

Igarashi works in a mobile company now.

Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist
Damn, I thought he works in mobile company to earn some money before trying to push his game on kickstarter.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
All I want is another game in the style of SotN. The GBA and DS games were mostly good, then Lords of Shadow came along and ruined everything.

Ivan

Arcane
I recently replayed the newer series (starting with SotN) and thoroughly enjoyed most of them. Looking forward to this one. SotN was the only one that bored me and I didn't bother finishing the
2nd
castle.

Machocruz

Arcane
Second
castle was mostly dogshit, in retrospect. I would have rather re-run the default castle again with new enemies and music. Maybe with some routes that were open now closed, and vice versa. They could have set it up as escape from the castle, where the goal is to go back out the way you came in. The succeeding Iga-vanias were more satisfying, aside from Harmony of Despair, which I didn't play (should I?). Portrait of Ruin seems to get ranked low, but I thought it was excellent. I'm inspired to do a run through of CotM to OoE now.

Ivan

Arcane
My favorites were Portrait of Ruin and Aria of Sorrow, though all the others were serviceable. I didn't finis the last one. I got kinda burned out and I didn't like how you had to free certain npcs to move the story along.

I also disliked how each game recycled bosses. My favorite one in the series was the puppeteer:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Order of ecclesia was the last castlevania. I won't hear anything else.

Perkel

Arcane
People it's 2,5D game.
In other words it will be next Castelvania Dracula chronicles X:

157209-Castlevania_-_The_Dracula_X_Chronicles_(Europe)-3.jpg

instead of this just with better resolution:

51897-Castlevania_-_Symphony_of_the_Night_(E)-10.jpg

Perkel

Arcane

Stream with him playing various vania games. Currently Rogue Legacy..

Holy fuck that games look cheap but when he started to play it i learned stuff behind it leveling up, upgrade and so on and it seems awesome.

Is it kickstarter to sell other games ? hehhehehe

bought RG on gog....

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sadly, this:

koji-igarashi-05-11-15-1.png

Reminds me of this:

060246-mighty9-spot2-3.jpg

Which pisses me off because Mighty No.9 became...this:

So, I'll stay my hype for the time being, hopefully down the road (about a year or so after the kickstarter no doubt) we'll see some promising footage. But for now, meh.

Perkel

Arcane
rotfl soon people will be angry.
Kickstarter says that game is already 90% funded by PUBLISHER and people can't tell who it is because of NDA.

This is basically ploy to get free PR and $$$.

If PB will be KONAMI then butthurt will be amazing.

Tehdagah

Arcane

Stream with him playing various vania games. Currently Rogue Legacy..

Holy fuck that games look cheap but when he started to play it i learned stuff behind it leveling up, upgrade and so on and it seems awesome.

Is it kickstarter to sell other games ? hehhehehe

bought RG on gog....
Man, the Twitch.tv chat is full of retards.

No love for Bunny Must Die.

Ivan

Arcane
As much as I feel olbiged to pay for this (I emulated all of the Castlevania games and finished/enjoyed all of them) 30 dollars is p. steep imo. Anyone else backing this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom