Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Bloodstained - Koji Igarashi's new metroidvania game

SumDrunkGuy

Nearing the end of my hard difficulty playthrough. I'm definitely feeling grind fatigue this time around from all the farming, crafting, and cooking. I didn't mind that stuff back when I first played it infact I remember enjoying it but now it's kind of yuck. I'm going to try and 100% the map, maybe fiddle around with nightmare difficulty and then put it to rest.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Bloodstained is probably the second-best Kickstarted Metroidvania, after Hollow Knight:

NVvuIyv.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More free updates and paid DLC are coming: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/692850/view/5939699552873880006

Development Roadmap - June 2022
What's coming next for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?

Greetings, Army of the Night!

Since Bloodstained’s launch we’ve added multiple modes, three playable characters, special crossover areas and other improvements to the game...so what’s next?

With the Aurora now in the game, it’s time to update the Development Roadmap for 2022.

Our overall goal since launch has been to complete the free content for the game before adding premium DLC. Now that we are getting closer to the completion of development, we can reveal what we have planned.

758f0b3c821ec6247bb5993df4fb66ffbfc80785.jpg

The next update will be a new crossover area based on a non-bloodstained franchise. The new area won’t appear on the map (nor affect your completion rate) so you will have to explore the map to find it.

Following the crossover area will be the long-awaited Chaos and Vs Modes. These modes will bring online co-op and pvp action to Bloodstained! We are very excited to finally bring these modes to you!

New outfits for Miriam will be added to the game with a mix of free and premium options.

And finally, Classic Mode 2, a new premium mode! We received so much positive feedback from Classic Mode that we wanted to bring you more retro action.

We have not finalized the release timeframes for the new outfits and Classic Mode 2. They may be released separately, together or grouped with Chaos and Vs Modes. We will make that decision later.

More information on all the upcoming content will be released closer to their launch dates.

We truly appreciate everyone who has followed along on this amazing journey.

Thank you for your support!
The Bloodstained Team

Tehdagah

Arcane
This game really gets boring after a while. It's probably the result of not trying to innovate in an oversatured genre. The end result is: flat level design, simplistic combat (spam attack + use magic, MP isn't a problem since you can destroy candles in every room), barely any puzzles and basic platforming (press button to jump, press again to double jump). Also exploration isn't rewarding when most collectibles are useless.

I knew IGA got outdated during a metroidvania livestream where one of the guests did a speedrun of Bunny Must Die; IGA looked bored. You simply can't think a speedrun of that game is boring if you're into the metroidvania genre.

Last edited:

SumDrunkGuy

This may be the best Kickstarter ever.

That's not saying much but I agree with you. I don't even think there can be an argument against it. This is how Kickstarter was always supposed to work in theory but Bloodstained seemed to be the only one to do it right.

grimace

Arcane
This may be the best Kickstarter ever.

That's not saying much but I agree with you. I don't even think there can be an argument against it. This is how Kickstarter was always supposed to work in theory but Bloodstained seemed to be the only one to do it right.

To kick start a project that keeps going. Will they make a Bloodstained 2? Can they finally do a pixel platformer metroidvania like we all wanted? Symphony of the Night II.

Aledorn will be the second best kick sharted project.

SumDrunkGuy

Playing through Metroid Dread currently and it's just reminding me how badly I yearn for Bloodstained 2. Nintendo can't make a good metroidvania anymore to save it's life. This game shits right down Nintendo's throat.

Stop and make a sequel you bitches

RIGHT!? Give the shitty DLC a rest already. I couldn't care less about these dumb crossovers.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
it doesnt even to be a sequel if they want

just stop doing these small update or DLC and actually make a new game, same setting or not

they've proven they can make a good game with Bloodstained

deuxhero

Arcane
To be honest, 2 million is actually kinda low for how long this has been out, and how well recommended it is by people. Never been under $11.99 on Steam though.

Perkel

Arcane
To be honest, 2 million is actually kinda low for how long this has been out, and how well recommended it is by people. Never been under $11.99 on Steam though.

Depends on amount of people working on it. Stardew Valley sold something like 40-50mil at this point and it was made by one dude. His project adjusted to people working on it is way way way way way way way way way way way above how much Blizzard earned from all of its games combined.
Japanese exclusive games usually sell something like 50k-100k max per title and studios somehow survive on that.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Depends on amount of people working on it
5-6 studios were involved and countless other freelancers. There is a reason they are milking the game, a sequel would be way too expensive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom