Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Lance Mcdonald - the guy that was able to get Bloodborne at pretty much 60fps on the ps4pro at 720p - has posted this video of Bloodborne on a ps5 at 1080p 60fps
He's not explained how yet
A developer with a ps5 developers kit has used Lance's Bloodborne version to do this before, but not on a actual ps5.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
When it can be reliably run on a PS4 emulator, it seems.
Fine by me

image.png

Jinn

Arcane
Will only probably take another decade or two. :negative:

And therein lies the problem.

My brother recently received a PS5 for free, so I got to try out a little Bloodborne on it for the first time. My god, the performance is atrocious. I'm sure I'd get used to it if I played for awhile, but I don't know if I want to when there is so much beauty and detail in the environment I want to take it. It's a goddamn crime against gamemanity that the game is STILL trapped on such an unfitting platform.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Unfortunately, I doubt Sony will ever release this on PC despite all the clickbait articles that pop up every year that swear PC release is just months away. Going by precedent, at most they'll do a remake when the PS6 comes out and it will be a shitshow like the DeS one was.

Jinn

Arcane
Unfortunately, I doubt Sony will ever release this on PC despite all the clickbait articles that pop up every year that swear PC release is just months away. Going by precedent, at most they'll do a remake when the PS6 comes out and it will be a shitshow like the DeS one was.

Yep, I sadly have to agree. It seems like they are keeping this one as their ace-in-the-hole system seller for good.

The Decline

Arcane
Will only probably take another decade or two. :negative:

And therein lies the problem.

My brother recently received a PS5 for free, so I got to try out a little Bloodborne on it for the first time. My god, the performance is atrocious. I'm sure I'd get used to it if I played for awhile, but I don't know if I want to when there is so much beauty and detail in the environment I want to take it. It's a goddamn crime against gamemanity that the game is STILL trapped on such an unfitting platform.

The current best possible way to play the game is using a modded PS4 Pro with the 60fps fan patch. Second would be modded PS4 with frame time patch at 30fps. What's really crazy is that these patches only change a couple lines of code.

Latelistener

Arcane
I hope there won't be shit like with Hollow Knight "witnesses" though, when every tard had to go to every metroidvania on Steam leaving negative review saying how bad it's comparing to HK.

Lies of P doesn't have From magic unfortunately, but it's still a very competent game.

ironmask

Arbiter
There will never be one. fortunately the RPCS3 team have finally annouced that they are working on a PS4 emulator called RPCSX. Closest port we can get.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Thinking of giving this bad boy another go. Not NG+, just a fresh new playthrough.

I'll ignore chalice dungeons this time, and save all the nightmare levels till the end. But I'm not sure when to start playing the DLC. Do I do literally everything in the Nightmare of Mensis, return to a burning Hunter's Dream, and from there go into the Hunter's Nightmare? Stop right before Mergo's Wet Nurse boss fight? What would make the most sense from an immersion standpoint?

Fatty

Augur
Thinking of giving this bad boy another go. Not NG+, just a fresh new playthrough.

I'll ignore chalice dungeons this time, and save all the nightmare levels till the end. But I'm not sure when to start playing the DLC. Do I do literally everything in the Nightmare of Mensis, return to a burning Hunter's Dream, and from there go into the Hunter's Nightmare? Stop right before Mergo's Wet Nurse boss fight? What would make the most sense from an immersion standpoint?
I usually start the DLC when I have a +10 weapon so ya, pretty close to what you describe, shortly before the Wet Nurse fight. I could probably go earlier these days and I am sure many players do but the first few times fighting Ludwig with anything less seemed like masochism.

when to start playing the DLC.
I rushed the DLC for the Bowblade, then came back to really attempt it after killing Rom. That felt just about balanced, maybe on the hard side.

It's really worth it for the Ludwig fight but everything after that is kind of blah.
I thought the Innsmouth-like section was pretty great. Toughest fight in the whole game there, too (those fucking sharks down the well). I also like the Orphan of Kos fight, though it's kind of the blueprint for degenerate spammy fights in later From games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom