Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodborne 10 years Remaster: what to change?

Silva

Arcane
Current gossip on webz is that Sony is planning a 10 years Remaster, to be released in 2025 on PC and PS5. Assuming it's true, what should be changed?

I'll start:

1. Make blood vials Estus-like (but keep silver bullets as is, I like it).
2. Rework Chalices into something more dynamic and varied.
3. Improve Gfx. Besides the obvious 60fps, give it better Anti-aliasing, a higher resolution (with accompnying better textures), and better Lighting so visuals become more vibrant and less grayish.

4 (optional) make build-relevant gear available by midgame at most. Creating a build knowing you'll only get the key-items for it by lategame is terrible, and something BB sinned more than other souls.

Ryzer

Arcane
I'll start:

Decline, git gud.
4 (optional) make build-relevant gear available by midgame at most. Creating a build knowing you'll only get the key-items for it by lategame is terrible, and something BB sinned more than other souls.
How about no? Bloodborne is perfectly fine as it is. Changing the game into another Souls will just downgrade the game into an uninspired hollow Souls copycat.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Current gossip on webz is that Sony is planning a 10 years Remaster, to be released in 2025 on PC and PS5. Assuming it's true, what should be changed?

I'll start:

3. Improve Gfx. Besides the obvious 60fps, give it better Anti-aliasing, a higher resolution (with accompnying better textures), and better Lighting so visuals become more vibrant and less grayish.

Haha, fuck you, I still remember that rumours about 5 years Remaster from 2019.

Silva

Arcane
Decline, git gud
Come on, you must admit it's very frustrating when you're new to the game, gets stuck in a boss, and have to waste time just farming vials. I don't see a problem in keeping the concept for silver bullets as these are not so crucial for survivability, though.

How about no? Bloodborne is perfectly fine as it is. Changing the game into another Souls will just downgrade the game into an uninspired hollow Souls copycat.
Beast and Kin forms are only available at the end of DLC. Same for some weapons. I find this disincentivizes restarting the game sometimes, knowing it will take a long time to get the gear you're building for.

Bendu

Augur
There is only one change I would really like to see in a remaster. All chalice dungeons should be sinster root chalice dungons (with optional cursed and defiled versions) and you shouldn't be forced to redo them with each of your characters. Besides that, nothing should be changed. Game is near perfect.

Silva

Arcane
There is only one change I would really like to see in a remaster. All chalice dungeons should be sinster root chalice dungons (with optional cursed and defiled versions) and you shouldn't be forced to redo them with each of your characters. Besides that, nothing should be changed. Game is near perfect.
Great idea, yeah. And with added variety of levels+ aesthetics + monsters, this could make the chalices actually great.

Edit: and maybe make the "story-chalices" required for each playthrough much shorter? Like, just a single, multi-level one?

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
No!

Preferably, by deleting them from the game.

Isn't this the only thing a remaster is supposed to do anyway? If it's a remaster and not a remake, it shouldn't mess with gameplay mechanics.

You mean, people need something other than the cane and pistol? :lol:

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Chalice dungeon generation and rewards could improve from added complexity.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The good thing is that if it doesn't happen this year then we're basically done for the rumors for another 10 years.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I don't want a fucking remaster, just port the original
which of course allows you to double dip later on with a remaster, I'd just like the superior version first

Silva

Arcane
Something unique to BB that it's not usually found in other souls, is the dynamic engagements that could happen in chalices, which turned the experience into a Hades-like action game. It didn't happen always, mostly on deeper dungeons with those bell maidens summoning waves of enemies at you. Differently from the default game(s) where you memorize the levels and know exactly where enemies come from, here you would find yourself frequently surprised and swarmed by enemies and having to react on the fly, making for pretty tense and exhilarating moments.

I'd like to see this more of this in the eventual remaster/remake.

deuxhero

Arcane
Vials forcing you to grind for non-perfect play and the horrible frame rate breaking a game focused on precise timing killed Bloodborne for me. At least with Demon's Souls the cheap grass was easy enough to get 99 of for out of battle healing, but BB ruined even that. It adds nothing to the game but a money sink (in a game that doesn't need a money sink) and tedium.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom