Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl Season 4

Who should run the league?

• Potato

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Finn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moss

Educated
Match is validated.

Good match - Ogres v Humans was fun to watch. A lot of casualties in that one. GJ to deso pulling out the win after those early injuries. And fun, creative play out of toastboy - break tackle was used well - though your own Ogres may have injured more of your snotlings than deso did ;)

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
The match between the Decliners and Blackese Disease ended. Nurglites won it 1-0, but at a grave price. Not only Laidlaw got his neck broken, but the very same fucking thing happened to their biggest star Peter Molyneux, after a 1D non-block non-tackle blitz! Of course regeneration didn't work. In turn Shaquille O'Niu, a black orc was given a smashed ankle by Pete Hines.
Something Awesome! Button failed to make a gfi with a reroll to get second TD on T16.
Who's gonna take care of the ball now? :decline:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Replay or no validation! :rpgcodex:

EDIT: Nevermind, I noticed You uploaded it to BB Manager, so I'll just download from there.

ANOTHER EDIT: Where are we on the last match, btw?

Moss

Educated
MicoSelva said:
Where are we on the last match, btw?

Garm? UndeadPhoenix? You guys there? Would be nice to get this week completed today or tomorrow so we can have the weekend for week #2.

Just watched the Nurgle / Orc replay. Tight match! It looked like Mangoose was gonna sneak a tie in there at the end, but ultimately the numbers disadvantage caught up. Too bad for your suddenly gimped Pestis, Hover. What are the odds you won't replace your Sure Hands by Week 5? :lol:

Moss

Educated
Btw great match Grunker and Demno... It was entertaining even though I knew the outcome, it must have been a real nail-biter to play. Now I am crazy worried about Hypnotic Gaze...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Moss said:
Btw great match Grunker and Demno... It was entertaining even though I knew the outcome, it must have been a real nail-biter to play. Now I am crazy worried about Hypnotic Gaze...

Demno uses it fucking well! I mean, we're not pro players here, and we both certainly make some mistakes, but the two times I've faced Demno Hypnotic Gaze has been a gigantic issue.

He makes one Hypno-gaze mistake in that game (should have re-rolled the first failed one) but besides that they're always placed where it counts and they hurt. I couldn't care less about four STR4 AGI4 players, my positionals can deal with those stats, but the HG fucking kills me.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I talked to Garm and it seems UP may have ISP related problems. I am trying to work out the details, but if this proves to be true, we will have two options:

- count all UP's matches as conceded until he comes back
- replace his team with my Legends Outworn

For the time being, I sent him a PM and will be waiting at least 24 hours for a response. I'll keep You guys updated when there's some new info.

Moss

Educated
Obviously I hope he can come back, but if he can't, I have to say having "Bye" weeks where someone doesn't get to play is a bummer. We had some of those last season in A Group. Sure the free win is nice, but then you aren't involved in the league for like two weeks in some cases. I would prefer the route that keeps the most people involved in the most games. I think inactivity begets more inactivity.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Assuming Undead Phoenix doesn't return by that time, Garm and I have arranged our match for tomorrow evening, so the matchday should be pushed forward in around 24 hours.

Moss

Educated
MicoSelva said:
Assuming Undead Phoenix doesn't return by that time, Garm and I have arranged our match for tomorrow evening, so the matchday should be pushed forward in around 24 hours.

Thanks for the update - good luck to both of you. Wait, do I play Garm in week 2? GO MICO, INJURE ALL THE THINGS!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Garm and I have played. Why does everybody have to be better in this game than me? :butthurt:

Thank Nuffle I had the more experienced team. His rookie Norse almost kicked boney asses of Legends Outworn - not without my help, as I made some really big mistakes. Luckily, my star Thro-Ra, Clint Eastwood had another good day and ensured his team scored, so it ended 1-1.

Also, Jackie Chan, my most knocked down skeleton who never managed to do anything, got killed.

Right after he managed to catch the ball thrown by Clint and scored the touchdown.

The matchday has been moved forward.

Garm

Learned
Moss said:
MicoSelva said:

Thanks for the update - good luck to both of you. Wait, do I play Garm in week 2? GO MICO, INJURE ALL THE THINGS!

I don't think the results were what you were hoping for Moss...I had one fractured leg...but he was a journeyman :smug:

Anyway send me a PM when you wanna play the game. I'll be free just about all day tomorrow and probably Thursday. Wednesday I'm free after 1pm (GMT-6 which is in daylight savings right now). Or if you read this today I could probably even do it today.

Oh and there shouldn't be anymore schedule difficulties on my end anymore since I have that all straightened out.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Current matchday:

CC4_md2.jpg

Commence the slaughter!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
@Demnogonis
I am only available between 7 and 9 am this week, so unless You're able and willing to get up early, we should probably aim at the weekend. What's the best time for You?

Moss

Educated
Garm and I started our game, but he dc'd 4 turns in and hasn't come back online yet. Mico shoot me a PM in Steam when you're around - Since the game only went 4 turns, I think we should reset it and play again if Garm is interested (I assume he will be), but I want to run the details by you first just to be safe.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Match ended.
As usual, the snotlings turned out to be much tougher than nurglites, by 8th turn it was 3 snots down (one cas self-inflicted) vs. 2 rotters, pestigor and a warrior koed!
I sacked the ballcarrier on several occassions, but my attempts were futile, as toastboy was able to secure it everytime, finally
blitzing a warrior standing in the way (reroll on foul appearance) and making two gfis to score on turn 8
Thankfully last turn Priestly injured an ogre and most of my crew got up, so I had body advantage in the second. Scored easily in 12th, could have stalled, but decided to gamble for a win. And it seemed Nuffle was rewarding me for it, as the kick-off roll turned out to be a blitz! The ball landed too far to intercept it, but managed, with a rerolled gfi, to blitz a snot carrier - of course no both nor defender down. Toastboy escaped with ball, made a hand-off and it was up to my non-block players to stop him. Obviously, the first blitz was
skull.png
skull.png
bothdown.png
or so, and both down stunned my rotter and did shit to the snot. The second one didn't even feature a both down. However,
Nuffle decided to save me and the carrier got snake eyes on dodge. 1-1

Jen Hepler got to second level (at fucking last :decline: ), while Gaydar was named MVP and advanced to 3rd.

replay here

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom