Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl Season 4

Who should run the league?

• Potato

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Finn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Garm

Learned
Just applied for the league with a fresh Norse team.

Coach name: Metal Bard
Steam: themetalbard

Timezone is GMT -5 (American CST).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So... we would be starting the league by now, but following people still have not yet applied in-game:

[pre]
Undead Phoenix...........Ud0Phoenix........Undead0Phoenix.......Cha[C]...+1
Mangoose.................Sgt Mangoose......Mangoose.............???......-5
Grunker..................Grunker...........Grunker..............Nec[C]...+1
[/pre]

Please do that asap.

I will wait around 36 more hours - whatever the squad is after I return from work tomorrow, it is final. If the number of teams by that time is uneven, I will join as well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'll be joining today - sorry for the wait but I didn't get access to the web on my desktop until today.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Season has begun. Congratulations to everyone who has made it before the deadline.

We ended up with one group of ten teams, with 4 going to through to playoffs.

I'm kind of out of time today, so I'll post the screenshots in the first second post of the thread tomorrow.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
The first match day goes like this:

CC4_md1.jpg

Please post link to Your replay files, if You want me to upload them to Blood Bowl Manager for a greater variety of statistical information.

Moss

Educated
Everyone new make sure to join the Codex Blood Bowl League steam group.

Ninja, let me know via post or PM what you schedule is like. I am pretty clear most days and nights for this week.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Me and Demnogis played. My feelings atm: :x

Replay: HERE

Dem will do the write-up later!

EDIT: Game was really good, btw, fun as hell and apparently outrageous shit happening is a theme between Dead Money and Blood Diplomats. Why I rage I'm sure Vihakosti will explain in his write-up.

It was a very sunny day in snow town when the two undead teams faced each other, making passing game impractical, well at least in the second half. Maybe. The Blood Diplomats got to receive and managed to drive through in a haphazard fashion, four double skull blocks in four turns and a turn with four bloodlusts, when three vampires sucked a single thrall's cock and he didn't even pass out. Also the first thing that happens is some Dead Money fans invade the pitch and beat up three unimportant Diplomat players. Things weren't looking good when the ball got knocked loose and assorted necro players stood protecting the ball-carrying ghoul, so I told the wizard to fireball the fuckers, and then a wrestling thrall took out the blodging, ball-carrying ghoul (I had no re-rolls left obviously). A series of hypnotic gazes later I got a vampire to finally score. The other werewolf got BH'd early and didn't regenerate, also I fouled a wight to KO who never bothered to wake up.

Grunker's other, MA9 werewolf managed to score in the first half in two turns, however, maybe I should have had a different setup but what can you do, vampires are slow and still I didn't have re-rolls, got the ball loose from the cage but it didn't matter, damn faster than MA6 players...

The second half I pressure the ball a lot, but Grunker's keeps his cool and manages to get the werewolf in a stalling position. However at some point a ghoul fucks up and I get to blitz the ball free while the wolf is cornered, however I can't get the ball anywhere safe such as I used all my vampires in some HG action, also the -1 to passing doesn't help. However while grunkers beefy flesh golem manages to get the ball loose, his ghoul attempts to hand off the ball to a wight who's still hypnotized (yep it's hard to remember how that thing works since no other team has it). So I manage to get the ball some way forward (at some point his ghoul dies to something, was it GFI or dodge), and in the very final turn a thrall fucks up the catch and so it ends.

1-1

An entertaining match to the end. GG WP Grunker

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why I raged: When I tried that hand-off to the hypnotized wight, the game's tooltips said "oh, right, yeah, that's a 4+!"

Hence why I thought I could do it :x

And my skilled ghoul died from a dodge.

Moss

Educated
Great Minds (Goblin) vs Secret Ninjas (Human) is complete! Here is the replay.

Goblins reign supreme! Great Minds 3 - 0 Secret Ninjas

This was SecretNinja's first game against a non-AI opponent. He was definitely making some risky moves that cost him. Also, like a true asshole, I killed his Ogre and then injured another guy with a late foul. Welcome to Blood Bowl! :smug:

I gave him some tips, though, so next week's opponent had better be worried!

For any of our new guys, definitely check out the Living Rule Book (LRB6), or bbtactics.com or the cyanide forums. Learning the basics of passing and especially dodging can be a huge help.

Also, Mico - I don't see any UI to let me validate matches. Where do I go for that?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Here's the link to all replays. File will be updated as they keep appearing.

Moss is now officially the league's commissioner, so don't piss him off, for Your own good.

BTW, Moss, You should have gone gentle on Secret Ninja if it was his first time. Now he may be traumatized for life.

@Secret Ninja
If this is any kind of consolation, rookie human coaches are better off without Ogres on their teams, as they tend to overuse the big guys and suffer from it (Ogres are very unreliable).

Moss

Educated
MicoSelva said:
Moss is now officially the league's commissioner, so don't piss him off, for Your own good.

EDIT: Gotcha, just found the commissioner's interface. IRON FIST! :P

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The stats are bugged.

Kenneth Lee Lay (in the graveyard) should be Level 3 with 21SPP (it shows Level 1 with 1XP). Thus, his salary should also have been higher.

Otherwise it seems pretty cool :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Yes, it only shows SPPs gained in the current league (and level based on that). Maybe they will correct it someday.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ah, that explains it. That's odd because it has no problem showing SPP correctly in the other categories.

Moss

Educated
How are the remaining three matches looking? Has everyone been in contact with their opponent?

desocupado

Magister
Me and toastboy are going to play tonight.

EDIT: Match played, megaupload is being screwy, I'll upload the replay later.

EDIT2: Toastboy beat me to it.

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
We did play and it was pretty fun. Thanks for the match! Here's the replay: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18153878/BB/deso-toastboy.db

Humans won 2-1 (well deserved) but the game could have seen at least 2 more TDs. As always I made quite a few stupid mistakes. That's what you get for not playing a single game since the last season, I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom