Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard extends a ginormous middle finger.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Welcome to the biggest video gaming controversy of 2011. Blizzard decided to give its fans some more news on the upcoming Diablo III. With it their customers also recieved a kick in the face.

1) The game requires a constant internet connection. It cannot be played offline.
2) Mods are “expressly prohibited.”
3) Items in the auction house are bought and sold for real-life money.

Oh dear.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No. I like the thread title here better.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Trash said:
Welcome to the biggest video gaming controversy of 2011. Blizzard decided to give its fans some more news on the upcoming Diablo III. With it their customers also recieved a kick in the face.

1) The game requires a constant internet connection. It cannot be played offline.
2) Mods are “expressly prohibited.”
3) Items in the auction house are bought and sold for real-life money.

Oh dear.
I thought Creative Assembly was being annoying with unnecessarilly removing decent conveniences from Shogun 2, but compared to Blizzard, CA now looks like generous and accomodating.

I think this sort of practice is kept up precisely because the gamers who buy the game will put up with it. Well, they'll get what they want, I suppose. It's why they gave Blizzard a million dollars in ten minutes with their purchase of extra content.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
godsend1989 said:
Blizzard doesn`t sell items, players only, rage more.

It's funny people say that as a witty comeback because the reality is what they're doing is worse than selling items. Rather than crack down on gold sellers they're just enabling them and cutting themselves in on the action to the tune of probably 25% or so.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh dear. Though, I was not really keen on buying it in the first place, this looks better and will probably actually see a release date.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Wolfus said:
Diablo is not RPG. It's just action game with some (few) RPG elements.
Doesn't matter. It has sufficient number of RPG elements to be on RPG forum. In addition, it has a story.

circ

Arcane
WHY IS THIS IN ARPG DISCUSSIONS??

Same thing happened with Starcrap 2. Well pretty much.

It sold like hotcakes. I'm guessing. People who criticized among other things, the price, we're probably asked if they were poor. And it wasn't like it was just Starcrap with somewhat updated graphox. You know, kinda like how C&C 3 updated its graphox but you couldn't tell because you're LOL STUPID.

What now Blizzard fans? Still think they're the coolest company on earth?

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Raghar said:
Wolfus said:
Diablo is not RPG. It's just action game with some (few) RPG elements.
Doesn't matter. It has sufficient number of RPG elements to be on RPG forum. In addition, it has a story.

Oh that incoherent linear C&c less mess of clichees and downright copied/ripped off stuff from other sources? Including reusing of plotpoints? Well shit, that makes every game with a story ever an rpg.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i think diablo's story is great. it's about evil in the world. i mean - it's not as good dragon's age 2 story, but it's miles ahead of ie. fallout.

Renegen

Arcane
It was to be expected. This is the same Blizzard that will release 3 games for Starcraft 2 so that they can make 3x the money. Diablo 3 isn't developed by the people who did World of Warcraft for nothing.

And on a more personal note, I've been playing Blizzard games for a long time and this is entirely in line with Blizzard's approach to their fans. They simply don't give a shit, they chance anything they want arbitrarily if it will benefit them. I wonder if you are even allowed to trade items between players in Diablo 3. Some companies respect their fans and their opinion, Blizzard never did. From the very beginning of Diablo 3 I knew all I was going to do was pirate it, play it for a bit, and that's it. Guess now there's no choice aswell.

Wolfus

Arcane
Konjad said:
i think diablo's story is great. it's about evil in the world. i mean - it's not as good dragon's age 2 story, but it's miles ahead of ie. fallout.
TROLOL

inb4 Blizzard removes one of those 3 and is hailed as the best developer ever for listening and caring for its customers.

Black

Arcane
Shit sux, at least I'll focus mainly on GW2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom