Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Late Bloomer

Scholar
does anyone know if blizz bans healers for "forgetting" (or hearthing out mid-fight or something) ? sounds like something they would do

Thing is, a lot of their warnings/bannings are AI done. So even if you just piss off a group of friends (or if you and your group of friends) want to mass report, it will work, at least in the interim. As for forgetting to heal, it would work against you in an HC situation. The mobs will eventually come to get you, most likely 2nd on the threat list when the tank dies. You better have an escape plan if you are planning that. Bubble hearth for Paladins is not a thing in HC. Light of Elune might work.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I broke down and decided to play this. Been having a pretty fun time playing as a dwarf priest on Defias Pillager. Had a few close calls but no deaths yet, level 26. The closest call I had was a huntard forgetting to dismiss their pet at the end of Deadmines and aggroing half the final room when you jump down to fight Cookie.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I broke down and decided to play this. Been having a pretty fun time playing as a dwarf priest on Defias Pillager. Had a few close calls but no deaths yet, level 26. The closest call I had was a huntard forgetting to dismiss their pet at the end of Deadmines and aggroing half the final room when you jump down to fight Cookie.

Hell yeah man. Sounds like fun. If you are inclined, give a melee class a try too. Can be interesting.

Dr1f7

Scholar
can you do me a favor and just "forget" to heal someone in a dungeon a few times and let me know if u get banned
thx

boot

Prophet
Made a Human Paladin on Defias Pillager hardcore server. Sitting in Goldshire inn now. Looking 4 bros

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This one was really funny. Streamsniper wastes ton of time and in-game (maybe even real) money to kill a streamer for it to not work out so well for him.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
After 1.5 years I reached BIS on Warmane's no-P2W server Lordaeron with a fresh character that joined a new guild and progressed from 0/12 ICC to everything with it.

Some Ship of Theseus stuff, there's only me and 2 other guys left of the original roster. Now if only I could quit.

volklore

Arcane
I think I'm addicted to HC wow classic death videos.
Seeing all people die amd lose characters multiple hundreds of hours in to dumb shit is just so fuckiing cathartic

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
been playing on warmane lordaeron for last couple years now

started doing ICC with my rsham, but main is pally where I'm just dicking around. got almost full relentless pvp gear and should probably start doing arena for wrathful. spent a lot of time farming adder's tongue with crusader aura+310% store mount, about 2k gold/hour. farmed up a bunch of gold that I sold for coins, intending to buy a BiS char on icecrown for pvp, but lost interest. Now I'm just playing twinks doing quests while listening to music every now and then. Got probably 100k worth of mats like primos, gems, etc. stashed in addition to the coins I got from selling gold.

this game is the game of my young adult years, I've spent so much time in it and it never gets boring.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It finally happened, my hardcore priest died at level 36. I made the foolish mistake of teaming up with a paladin for a cave quest. We were doing OK until we got to the boss of the quest, a level 40 elite. I said we should cut our losses and leave, but he wanted to give it a go. So we did, but the damage wasn't nearly enough to bring him down. Pally tried to run and I did the same, but there was no hope. Got swarmed and died.

After that I took a little break and rerolled as a dwarf hunter. On my priest, I'd been lucky enough to get a blue BoE gun, which I stored safely on my bank alt, so it was a nice starting gift for my hunter to get going. Now at 26 and still going strong.

Gromoer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Huh this new hardcore thing makes me thinking about giving it a chance. Are there any alternatives to grind for leveling up nowadays?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
wow this thread is full of noobs it’s kind of heart warming, been playing this game off and on for almost 20 years now

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are there any alternatives to grind for leveling up nowadays?
Questing has always been more efficient. The only exception I can think of is if you are playing a paladin with full str/agi two-handed build. Grinding is more efficient in this single case, but I still wouldn't recommend it because it's boring and requires gold you typically don't have as a new character.

volklore

Arcane
Caved and started playing HC. Rolled troll warrior since I never really played horde before. Not knowing the quests actually makes it quite dangerous. I died at lvl 7 to Kul Tiran hyperspawning behind me lel. Now lvl 16 with engi leveled, loaded with bombs and few target dummies in pocket, should be safe to try things out without risking too much.
Interesting that I played classic to death and I still love the leveling, especially on a new char with no penny to his name.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the hardcore servers were corrupted from the start because there were no restrictions on grouping outside of dungeons, so everyone leveled in a duo, invalidating the whole idea. What they should've done is restrict grouping to dungeon stones exclusively before level 60, so you'd have to touch the dungeon stone in order to be put in a group and you are automatically kicked if you are not in a dungeon in 5 minutes or something. I'm glad I didn't give in to the hype. It IS a good idea and probably the most interesting thing WoW has had going for it since original TBC, but it requires much more work than Blizzard put in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom