Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BioWare rush DA2; blame release date for bad sales.

alcoholbob said:
And Volourn is the biggest DA2 apologist ever; he trolls the Bioware forums and slams anyone who has anything negative to say about the game. He talks about how amazing it's evolved the RPG genre.

Volly's even received the Official Order of the Woo, for services to DA2 above and beyond the call of duty (we want your audience). Next to arrive - the offer to replace Priestly as the new BIO spindoctor (as soon as that 120 ton crane arrives to do the logistics). PS I love your line attacking another posters as "rdue, condescending, and arrogant" r00fles!

Vollythedefender.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
l0l I've also been told by BIO modders to be 'nicer' while they haven't said one thing when people have thretened to rape and murder me. HA!

Probably because I don't cry about stuff that is amusing. R00fles!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Even if DA2 sold 2 millions, no, 10 millions, it doesn't matter. There are a lot of morons who buy this disgrace of an RPG. It can surpass in sales both Kotor and BG, but those two games are still superior. Deal with it. :smug:

bhlaab

Erudite
Volourn said:
l0l I've also been told by BIO modders to be 'nicer' while they haven't said one thing when people have thretened to rape and murder me. HA!

Probably because I don't cry about stuff that is amusing. R00fles!

their tunes will change when you reveal yourself to be a homosexual (they HATE that)

Volourn said:

Threatened to rape you? Ah, that was probably just Gaider. Word around the BioWare watercooler is that he's impotent, but I'd keep your front door locked tonight just to be sure.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
sser said:
Comparing it to sales of games much older than itself, much less those from the 1990s where PC gaming was not yet mainstream culture, is kind of amusing. Nevermind that within two weeks DA2 was being packaged with Mass Effect 2, a clear sign of strong sales, surely.
Are you serious?

Wow, just... wow.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Threatened to rape you? Ah, that was probably just Gaider."

Nah. Just a random poster.

P.S. ME2 was offered with DA2 because ME2 is pretty much worthless now sales wise and they need to piggyback on DA2's awesome success of 2mil+ sold 9and counting) to pimp ME3.

FFS Sakes guys. You think the Codex is good at spin? You think BIO is good at spin/ You think Troika is good at spin/ Fuck all three of those losers. Volourn is the fukkin' BEST at spin.

waywardOne

Arcane
Befuddled Halfling said:
Threatened to rape you? Ah, that was probably just Gaider. Word around the BioWare watercooler is that he's impotent, but I'd keep your front door locked tonight just to be sure.

wouldn't locking the back door be more prudent?

Volourn said:
l0l people have thretened to rape and murder me. HA!!

What exactly were the Bio forumites trying to rape and murder you for? What was the thread about? Can you provide a little linky? Was it Cowboy_Chris? He seems to really detest you with a passion (like worse than the mangiraffe dog who brings down the whole DA2 boards for hours on end). There's some random thread I saw yesterday and this Cowboy_Cris guy was going totally off topic in a bile filled tirade about you (and you never even posted in the thread). He seems quite insane. What did you say to him? I doubt 'r00fles' would have been enough to get him into the state he was in yesterday.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Cowboy_Cris guy was going totally off topic in a bile filled tirade about you (and you never even posted in the thread). "

Really? L0L I musta missed that thread completely. HA!

I dunno.. It wasn't actually a rape thread. More like a silly over the top 'i wish someone would just kill you or soemthing'. LMFAO

Just look at the reactions I got in a thread comparing DA2 favoably to DA1 and all i did there was reply on topic to the OP. HAHA!

I don't need to actively troll there. Just post an opinion. Reminds of the Codex and Obsidian forums. L0LZ

It's funny that in other forums I'm just another nobody poster but in these places I have the power - without trying - to make people get extreme butthurt.

And, I'm just a loser nobody from small town Kanada.

R00fles!

quasimodo

Augur
waywardOne said:
Befuddled Halfling said:

wouldn't locking the back door be more prudent?

:salute:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Holy fukkin' shit! I gor reportedf and slammed for having the gall to claim that no country is better than another. I was acused of bashing my own country because of it. HAHA!

Even when I try to be nice and say everyone is equal I'm accused of being an evil meanie. K.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nobody loves you there Volly. Just stay here on Codex with us.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
L0LZ I've had random people defend me. Ity's all good. Then again, the heaviest anti Volourn tangent are people who think DA1 is flawless, that BG1 is the deeespt RPG ever, KOTOR is BIO's best game, and S:RPG was a masterpiece. So... I'm not worried.

btw, At times when they bash me they also take potshots at you guys too. :)

Anyways, what was this topic about? Oh yea.. DA2 sold 2mil+ copies.

That's all.

J_C said:
Nobody loves you there Volly. Just stay here on Codex with us.

Seconded. Volly's too decent a guy to share with a bunch of douches like Woo and Epler. Fuck em if they cut him no slack for going out of his way to defend their turd (and one of their smelliest at that) :love:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Just like Batman, Ser Volourn lives a tortured double existence. Is he Chris Priestly, valiant defender of Bioware...or Volourn Honorblade, loyal codexian?

Angthoron

Arcane
2 million+ copies? Where are those numbers from? Even if we consider the numbers of VGCharts to be somewhere within the realm of the accurate at all:

Dragon Age II (X360) - 0.70 mil
Dragon Age II (PS3) - 0.35 mil
Dragon Age II (PC) - 0.26 mil

Even if we double the PC sales, we won't be getting anywhere near the said 2 million. I'm not saying that VGC is accurate, but as far as I know this is just about the only source of information regarding the number of copies shipped, so, if there's some other, I'd be very curious to know it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom