Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Binary Domain バイナリー ドメイン : Revenge Solves Everything

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
:bro: :obviously: this ending even when Fay could be more Aryan and AmeriKWAN.

01%2Bamerica%2Bfuck%2Byeah.jpg

RK47

Patron
Thanks bros. I'm happy and sad at the same time. It's over. :(
As for trust farming: No..you didn't need to. You just had to have all your members at Very high trust. Meaning 75% full.

It takes slight meta-gaming to pick the members to achieve all V.H trust - but I did it without farming on Rust 'em up difficulty. Basically pick Charlie & Rachel early. Getting them to 60% trust is good point before the enforced Cain & Faye chapters. Bo is pretty much guaranteed if you actually not suck so much in early missions with him. Pick Faye less. The only hard part is getting Shindo and Kurosawa up. You just gotta remember to smash those zombies hard with charge shots to get VH Trust.

5% trust nano mod is helpful too.
Hope that helps.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Thanks bros. I'm happy and sad at the same time. It's over. :(
As for trust farming: No..you didn't need to. You just had to have all your members at Very high trust. Meaning 75% full.

It takes slight meta-gaming to pick the members to achieve all V.H trust - but I did it without farming on Rust 'em up difficulty.

This would explain a lot. I noticed that on No Mercy difficulty the game was far more stingy with Trust rewards - partially because robots were more resilient and accurate which made scoring headshots and melee more difficult. Without that nano mod I think there wouldn't be enough enemies in the game to get enough reputation.

I did get the best ending already, however - playing on Survivor again. Once you finish No Mercy Survivor is a cakewalk.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Thanks for the LP, I wouldn't have picked up the game and enjoyed it otherwise. I love how tenacious the scrap-heads are in combat.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
This would explain a lot. I noticed that on No Mercy difficulty the game was far more stingy with Trust rewards - partially because robots were more resilient and accurate which made scoring headshots and melee more difficult. Without that nano mod I think there wouldn't be enough enemies in the game to get enough reputation.

I did get the best ending already, however - playing on Survivor again. Once you finish No Mercy Survivor is a cakewalk.

You actually finished no mercy ? I found it unplayable, unless I resorted to lame popamole tactics staying way back and letting other squad members take the heat, which of course netted me very few trust. Survivor was indeed cakewalk compared to that. I'm guessing that if I pressed on and upgraded the rifle, it would get better, but frankly it was absolutely no fun to play.

RK47

Patron
yep. i talked myself out of it. it just seemed unfun, a lot of combat early in Survivor is pretty bad as well with the poor rifle as my video showed. What's worse, the AI is pretty much Wing Commander - level of competence. They might keep themselves alive, but hell they're bad at contributing to mission success. So much that I raged at times when it was very easy for them to assist, especially during Iron Raptor mission if I could just issue them order to kill the flying shit that ate the rocket meant for the big raptor.

As for you guys who bought the game.

:excellent:

Thanks. I know Sega didn't deserve that with the amount of shit marketing they pulled, but the developing studio and game deserve much love. Much more than the other emotional engagement Bio Docs have failed to provide a satisfying ending for.

Mrowak

Arcane

You actually finished no mercy ? I found it unplayable, unless I resorted to lame popamole tactics staying way back and letting other squad members take the heat, which of course netted me very few trust. Survivor was indeed cakewalk compared to that. I'm guessing that if I pressed on and upgraded the rifle, it would get better, but frankly it was absolutely no fun to play.

Yep, I've finished it and had lot's of fun with it. The beginning was very painful with your rifle sucking arse hard and goddamn green scrapheads becoming snipers out of the sudden, but after that it was pleasant and really challenging. The boss battles in particular proved more of a challenge - that goddamn spider bot took me 5 tries before going down in smoke - it actually becomes faster when it has only 1 leg left and can target you with rockets in 0.5 sec. All the same, it was fun! On the flipside that motorbike bot proved to be a slog - I had to shoot at him for around 40 minutes - didn't feel my fingers after that. Sadly, I got the same ending as in earlier Survivor mode playthrough. :(

RK47

:bro:

RK47

Patron
Mrowak, here's a tip for the Tsar Runner : Stop shooting after all the three parts are on fire. And only fire at the missiles or weak point when prompted. It is a scripted boss takedown. The drive sequence will take you to the part where Faye nearly falls over and QTE to pass the boss fight. That's it really.

I realized this on my third run.

Mrowak

Arcane
Mrowak, here's a tip for the Tsar Runner : Stop shooting after all the three parts are on fire. And only fire at the missiles or weak point when prompted. It is a scripted boss takedown. The drive sequence will take you to the part where Faye nearly falls over and QTE to pass the boss fight. That's it really.

I realized this on my third run.

Yeah, I know - but in order to take those 3 parts down (head and arms) on No Mercy you really have to go through hell. As a general rule, the parts of the bosses are at least twice as tough as on Survivor (judging from the number of mags you use to take a part down on other bosses - I lost count on Tsar).

I could swear that even uncovering the Tser's weak points took me at least twice as long as previously.

RK47

Patron
I kinda suffer from stuttering a bit...looking for the fix right now. Annoying as hell when you spin around and the game just froze.

Mrowak

Arcane
I kinda suffer from stuttering a bit...looking for the fix right now. Annoying as hell when you spin around and the game just froze.

It is omnipresent. I finished AP playing it for the first time last month... twice. I only managed to reduce it but still had a few occassions when stuttering was so terrible that after turning right, it turned out I made a 180 degree spin. Annoying, especially during boss battles.

For that reason I wouldn't say SEGA is the only one to blame for the flop, especially on PC. Fucking shit, Obsidian hold the full game for 9 months before publishing, and they did nothing to optimize it.

RK47

Patron
LOL, true dat. It took me many years to convince myself to buy this game. When I acquired a second hand copy, the previous owner said it was too short. Hmmmm. Looking forward to it.

RK47

Patron
Already posted in the previous page brah. Imma take it slow. This game's kinda different from BD...and I wanna keep some kind of consistency in Mike's character...not sure what to go for. How about you guys decide?

Mrowak

Arcane
LOL, true dat. It took me many years to convince myself to buy this game. When I acquired a second hand copy, the previous owner said it was too short. Hmmmm. Looking forward to it.

Overal I find it's a good game with wasted potential. The missions are too linear, inability to jump is even more annoying than in TW2, and the bugs keep infurating me. It's a good storyfaggy game, though and it has perhaps the most evil badass fuck :yeah: ending there is. Just remember - getting somebody to hate you (bad rep) may sometimes net you positive results... sometimes. :M

Conversely, good rep with a psychopath (I won't tell you which one) may not be such a good thing...

And go with Recruit background for some difficulty.

EDIT: If I wanted to see something new I'd recomment you using Agressive stance in dialogues all the time... However, for me a mix of Suave and Professional worked best most of the time.

RK47

Patron
OK Vote for Background and Personality.

Personality needs to be somewhat consistent. Maybe i'll ask you guys how to handle ppl in the game, but that would be kinda hard with multiple video takes. I need to think this through, one LP isn't enough to show everything.

Lindblum

Augur
I'm not sure but I remember something about a Harem ending.
Never played it but heard about said option.

Edit:Simultaneous post...
Is there a Hyper weapon option?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom