Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Big picture of computer gaming (it even has some crpg in it)

The blond woman near the bottom right, crying and walking away holding the sign is from the canceled Starcraft: Ghost.

scghost_prelimxbox_160w.jpg

She's just to the south-east of C&C's Kane.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure the Giant Ape someone labeled as Donkey Kong is actually from 'Black and White', that God game by Peter M. Because that's the exact type of primate he uses for one of the player's pets/avatars.

11.jpeg

Just noticed...the guy fighting with Dante near the middle of the screen (they've both cut each other into pieces) is Sol Badguy from the fighting game Guilty Gear.

Gerrard

Arcane
Little Big Planet
What the fuck? Did you mean Little Big Adventure?

Also, on the bottom left is a Poring from Ragnarok Online and a Norn from Creatures.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
DramaticPopcorn said:
loldvi.png

I thought she was from Nox, but her hair style is kinda reminds me of chick from "Beetlejuice" cartoon.

It's definitely from Nox.

30bm8.jpg

Black_Willow

Arcane
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Just noticed...the guy fighting with Dante near the middle of the screen (they've both cut each other into pieces) is Sol Badguy from the fighting game Guilty Gear.
slowpoke.gif

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
A few nobody has mentioned yet:

The spaceship on the cliff in the top right is from Myst.

The cannon the space invaders are going to smash is from the old Paratrooper game.

The heads of the Goblins from Gobliins 2 are in the pile that Roger Wilco is cleaning.

The cyborg with the limb in his hand where all the robotic characters are, is Lex from Bioforge.

And while that plane may be from Sturmovik, the weapons floating around it are from Xenon 2: Megablast.

The only thing that really puzzles me is the blokes on the train. The Last Express?

EDIT: The two girls with the signs are from The Longest Journey and Dreamfall.

The guy holding the cat behind his back while staring at the Kilrathi is the Postal guy.

The first guy in the path of the bullet fired by Daniel Garner is is Kain from Legacy of Kain.

Suicidal

Arcane
DramaticPopcorn said:
Guys, where are all elephants (mammoths) from?

I think they're from KKND, an old RTS game. One of the factions had elephants with cannons mounted on their backs, kinda like the one near Kane in this pic. Don't know about all of them in general, but that one is definitely from KKND.

Also, Sam and Max are not who they appear to be - the text bubble on top of them reveals that they are Petka and Chepayev, characters from a Russian quest game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Suicidal: With the exception of the elephant with the cannon, the other elephants are from Syberia.

One more I noticed...the guy next to Talana from Star Control 2 is propably the Bard from The Bard's Tale.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The chest left to Simon the Sorcerer is the Luggage from the Discworld adventures starring Rincewind.

The red-haired guy with the sunglasses and cool black coat holding a cat behind his back is the Postal Dude. He's standing left of Gordon Freeman.

The pirate in ballet slippers dancing on a column in the left part of the picture (near the Total War guys) is from Sid Meier's Pirates (it's making fun of the dancing minigame).

And while those three generals could be from *any* strategy game, they're most likely Total War cause there's an Asian (Shogun TW), a Centurion (Rome TW) and Napoleon (the new standalone expansion for Empire).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
bhlaab said:

You still miss Evil Genius between XCOM and Day of the Tentacle, troll from Rage of Mages next to World of Goo, Sturmovik at the uberplane bombarding the nazi u-boot (which is Silent Hunter which you also miss), probably Neeshka from NWN2 next to Still Life, the dwarf from Myth next to Bomberman, robot from Armed and Dangerous next to pacman, guy from Guilty Gear getting slashed by the one from DMC, the fat barbarian riding an elephant from Etherlords, Digger (the strange $-flagged vehicle chasing the Red Alert 3 bear), a mistress from Dungeon Keeper left of Larry's harem, Z and Crusader in the mob of robots, Republic Commando to the right of the mob of robots, Warcraft 3 and Broken Sword beneath AVP, Gothic's Xardas to the right of Puzzle Quest. I'm also fairly sure there are characters from Commandos to the right of the TF2 heavy.

Also, aren't the mechs next to Abe from Mechwarrior or Tribes: Vengeance or somesuch?

And aren't the Ultima 8 guys actually chasing Lord British? :lol:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You still forgot the Pirates guy to the lower right of the Total War guys.

And the guy with a lute just at the top left near "2010" is from Bard's Tale.

lightbane

Arcane
I think that the ones of Still life are actually a reference to Infernal. Also, who's the chick that's being buried in cds? The one left to UGH.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Also missing the two characters from Runaway, right under Caleb from Blood. My guess is that they are pursued by the main character from Mafia.

I don't think it's been mentionned yet but I'm fairly certain that the guy with the gun and the lantern, to the right of the zombie, is Alan Wake.

spekkio

Arcane
Also, who's the chick that's being buried in cds? The one left to UGH.
Phantasmagoria, baby!

I don't know if mentioned before:
Blade Runner + Republic Commando,
Creatures.

Melcar

Arcane
The armored dude/skeleton sitting with Alice and Pyramid Head is familiar. I can't remember the name of the game though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom