Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda says: Interplay could only use the name 'Fallout'

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
SimpleComplexity said:
Ausir said:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_Taylor
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_O'Green

Sure, two of the original developers is not that much, but still.
-PvP requires player consent

Chris Failor is trying to streamline this shit as much as he can desperately trying to fill Interplays empty pockets with money. It doesn't surprise me Jason Anderson left after he realized what a douchebag Chris Failor really is.
Do you realise that Chris Tailor is responsible for the original Fallout's weapons, robots and probably lots of other mechanical things?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Awor Szurkrarz said:
SimpleComplexity said:
Ausir said:

Chris Failor is trying to streamline this shit as much as he can desperately trying to fill Interplays empty pockets with money. It doesn't surprise me Jason Anderson left after he realized what a douchebag Chris Failor really is.
Do you realise that Chris Tailor is responsible for the original Fallout's weapons, robots and probably lots of other mechanical things?

The weapons, robots and computers are all generic as fuck.

Black

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
Dicksmoker said:
Please God let Interplay die.
Please God let Bethesda die.

Seriously, fuck them. Interplay may have fucked up a lot over the years but they're still one of my favorite game companies. Meanwhile Bethesda make boatloads of cash by putting out amateurish hack titles. There's a lot of things wrong with Interplay but by god there's even more shit wrong with Bethesda, and the people that support them.
I like you, Horse.

Awor Szurkrarz said:
Maybe you should check what Peter Molyneux, Richard Garriot or Warren Spector supposedly did and compare it to what they do know.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
SimpleComplexity said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Maybe you should check what Peter Molyneux, Richard Garriot or Warren Spector supposedly did and compare it to what they do know.
I hope that he still remembers apologizing for not overseeing Fallout Craptics properly.

Ausir

Arcane
Frankly, I don't know why anyone would ever expect FOOL to have unrestricted PvP and player looting.

Ausir said:
Frankly, I don't know why anyone would ever expect FOOL to have unrestricted PvP and player looting.

Well I wouldn't expect player looting from a modern mmo, but (nearly) unrestricted pvp surely? Or have they gone so far that even pvp is no longer available? At least there would be optional pvp servers? I can't even imagine a mmo with out pvp, sounds incredibly dull.

SimpleComplexity said:
Ausir said:

Wait, after all those years of co-owning and running Troika together, you think he's just now got to know the guy? You really don't think before you post do you. Utterly fucking KKKredit-beggar: just randomly spouting near-meaningless 'criticisms' irrespective of the game, with the logical outcome being that Troika is no better than Bethesda.

Ausir

Arcane
Merkwürdigliebe said:
Well I wouldn't expect player looting from a modern mmo, but (nearly) unrestricted pvp surely? Or have they gone so far that even pvp is no longer available? At least there would be optional pvp servers? I can't even imagine a mmo with out pvp, sounds incredibly dull.

Actually, Chris Taylor did mention that he'd like to have unrestricted PvP servers too if resources permit it. But I don't see why anyone would expect unlimited PvP to be the default mode in FOOL.

Azrael the cat said:
Wait, after all those years of co-owning and running Troika together, you think he's just now got to know the guy? You really don't think before you post do you. Utterly fucking KKKredit-beggar: just randomly spouting near-meaningless 'criticisms' irrespective of the game, with the logical outcome being that Troika is no better than Bethesda.

Actually, Chris Taylor, while being one of the original makers of Fallout just like the Troika founders, was never part of Troika, although he also left (or rather, was kicked out of) Black Isle during early stages of Fallout 2 development. Instead of leaving Interplay, he transferred to 14 Degrees East, Interplay's strategy division. Aren't you confusing him with Tim Cain?

Ausir

Arcane
Chris Taylor said:
Permadeath and full-loot PVP are not going to happen. They have been discussed internally and we have no plans for either of those options.

Personally, if we had the resources, I would love to create a server with both options enabled.

Tycn

Savant
Permadeath in an MMO does not sound like a good idea. Then again he didn't include unrestricted PvP.

Beth's clearly coming across as a bully and this stuff's getting covered in mainstream gaming sites too but it's not like the gaming junkies are gonna abstain from their next bethesda fix just because it's being mean to iplay.

The bigger jew will win.

Ausir said:
Merkwürdigliebe said:

Actually, Chris Taylor did mention that he'd like to have unrestricted PvP servers too if resources permit it. But I don't see why anyone would expect unlimited PvP to be the default mode in FOOL.

Azrael the cat said:

Actually, Chris Taylor, while being one of the original makers of Fallout just like the Troika founders, was never part of Troika, although he also left (or rather, was kicked out of) Black Isle during early stages of Fallout 2 development. Instead of leaving Interplay, he transferred to 14 Degrees East, Interplay's strategy division. Aren't you confusing him with Tim Cain?

Oops. Idiotic call on my behalf. And just when I was gearing up to get all preachy with that rant as well. 'Move along....nothing to see here....'

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Ausir said:
Well, FOOL does have unrestricted PvP and player looting, unless something has changed since I have played the last time. It seems to work pretty well, I don't know why shouldn't it work in the other FOOL.

Tycn

Savant
It's unsustainable and leads to massive imbalances. Even EVE has a whole bunch of safety nets. 2238 isn't really the equivalent of a fully fledged mainstream MMORPG.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The main problem with FOOL 2238 is that it doesn't have permadeath, which leads to tons of high levels characters which can PK everyone with eye-shots as soon as they enter the town.

Tycn

Savant
I don't know. With permadeath implemented the divide between low and high level characters is no less great, but newer players are more likely to give up after getting killed.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Why wouldn't it be less great? How would people survive until high level?
AFAIK the PKs were farming random encounters. It wouldn't work with permadeath.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
Beth's clearly coming across as a bully and this stuff's getting covered in mainstream gaming sites too but it's not like the gaming junkies are gonna abstain from their next bethesda fix just because it's being mean to iplay.

I think the most damaging thing for Beth, is some people, possibly important people in the game industry, will think they are welching on the spirit of the deal. If people don't feel they can trust you, they will be reluctant to deal with you in the future. In a small industry like that, what goes around comes around.

Azrael the cat said:
Wait, after all those years of co-owning and running Troika together, you think he's just now got to know the guy? You really don't think before you post do you. Utterly fucking KKKredit-beggar: just randomly spouting near-meaningless 'criticisms'
Talking about randomly spouting criticism. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom