Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda says: Interplay could only use the name 'Fallout'

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Dicksmoker said:
Please God let Interplay die.
Please God let Bethesda die.

Seriously, fuck them. Interplay may have fucked up a lot over the years but they're still one of my favorite game companies. Meanwhile Bethesda make boatloads of cash by putting out amateurish hack titles. There's a lot of things wrong with Interplay but by god there's even more shit wrong with Bethesda, and the people that support them.

oscar

Arcane
Fuck just call it "Desert Warriors" instead of wasting all this money.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Andyman Messiah said:
Oh, yes.

Interplay released more good games than Bethesda will ever release in my life or until it gets shut down. Whichever comes faster.

So yeah, I'm rather biased in favour if Iply in this one.

Tycn

Savant
MicoSelva said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Oh, yes.

Interplay released more good games than Bethesda will ever release in my life or until it gets shut down. Whichever comes faster.

So yeah, I'm rather biased in favour if Iply in this one.
Rather fitting that this comment is in a thread about a name, because that is about all that's left of Interplay.

I'm not much of a fan of Bethesda, but would you really want Bioware to have a monopoly on the 'RPG' market?

Eyeball

Arcane
I approve of this. The world needs a Fallout MMO like it needs an actual nuclear holocaust.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Tycn said:
I'm not much of a fan of Bethesda, but would you really want Bioware to have a monopoly on the 'RPG' market?
Flip up any respectable game journalist webpage or publication and you'll soon understand that it's an undisputed fact that BioWare and Bethesda are alternating true masters of roleplaying. One less king of rpg would be a godsend.

Tycn

Savant
Needless to say they're both retarded, but one look at the Bio boards should quench all doubt as to which of them is more abhorrent. Fucking Nutella, man.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Andyman Messiah said:
Dicksmoker said:
Please God let Interplay die.

Seriously, fuck them. Interplay may have fucked up a lot over the years but they're still one of my favorite game companies. Meanwhile Bethesda make boatloads of cash by putting out amateurish hack titles. There's a lot of things wrong with Interplay but by god there's even more shit wrong with Bethesda, and the people that support them.
Interplay in its current form has nothing to do with Fallout, or Planescape Torment, or any of those other games that were released over a decade ago. Brian Fargo was part of that, but now Herve Caen has taken over and he IS Interplay. And this Interplay has a lot to answer for. Interplay are the ones who first raped the Fallout setting. Interplay are the ones that pulled the plug on Van Buren and Baldur's Gate 3. Interplay are the ones who didn't pay the wages to their employees. And the list goes on. Compared to them Bethesda are paragons of decency.

Lumpy

Arcane
StrangeCase said:
Ooooh, a bunch of corporate babies are squabbling over who gets to hug the favorite teddy bear at naptime. Very serious. Let me know if they argue so ferociously one of them loses bladder control.
:roll:
Yeah, a backstabbing high-stakes legal battle worth millions of dollars is really immature.

Mighty Mouse said:
Tycn said:
Fucking Nutella, man.
What does Nutella have to do with fucking, man?
If you'll see some fanart on bioware characters, where said character is eating shit, or covered in shit - you just saw biofans's infamous "Nutella" meme.
For example:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I hope Interplay will win and will create something that will finally kill Fallout as a franchise.

circ

Arcane
Fallout died a decade ago. And no, Obshitians pathetic shitgame doesn't mean shit to me. Whatever fucks both Bethesda and Interplay over works for me. Take Obsidian with you too.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
As Dicksmoker says: Interplay that we love is dead. Herve's Turds are all that is left. Hate Bethesda post Morrowind, but in this case I despise Herve far more. Turfing people out on their arses without a cent while somehow still getting fat off the proceeds from IP sales and still getting funded is seriously fuck up man.

Get stripped of everything and kill yourself Herve you cunt!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" Only idiots pay for brand names when they should go to the original creator. "

Interplay *is* the original creator.

Ausir said:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_Taylor
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_O'Green

Sure, two of the original developers is not that much, but still.
-PvP requires player consent

Chris Failor is trying to streamline this shit as much as he can desperately trying to fill Interplays empty pockets with money. It doesn't surprise me Jason Anderson left after he realized what a douchebag Chris Failor really is.

Ausir

Arcane
-PvP requires player consent

Because Fallout Online with unlimited PvP wouldn't fucking sell.

It doesn't surprise me Jason Anderson left after he realized what a douchebag Chris Failor really is.

Yes, of course that is exactly why he left, right?

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Can anyone stop Herve?

Whoever wins, we lose!

Cockroach460.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom