Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda Helps Old Fallouts Sell

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Turok said:
Also besheda sell the same thing, if anyone buy from amazon, make sure it say interplay and not besheda.

That is just Amazon making a mistake. Bethesda does not sell any of the old Fallout games.

Jaesun said:
I'm curious, do sales from that actually go to Interplay, or Zenimax.... or both?

Interplay. All of it. That's for Fallout 1, 2, Tactics and BoS, to which Interplay holds full rights of release and re-release in any form they desire (they could do a big-ass anniversary edition if they had the money. Would be cool) and Interplay has no right to release any new SP Fallout content (one of the reasons Interplay can now no longer provide the Fallout source code even if they wanted to, it'd be breaking their contract)

If you want to know the details on who has what, see here.

ghostdog said:
So the money go either to a non-existent crappy company (interplay) or to a shitty company that's already rich (Bethesda) and the actual developers get nothing.

Chris Taylor is at Interplay, this helps pay his paychecks at the least.

bhlaab said:
I'll also bet a lot of people bought it thinking the third part of the 'trilogy' included would be Fallout 3. A bit of clever marketing on Interplay's part by naming it that.

It's always been called Fallout Trilogy, even before Fallout 3, and clearly indicates which games it includes on its cover.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Kharn, I think interplay already recieved all the money they could possibly get from the Fallout Trilogy.

I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
It means that once the game reaches retail stores they receive the money because the retailer buys the game from them. Whether the customer buys it or not doesn't really affect how much money Interplay gets except when the retailer wants to get more copies because they sold out. So if one assumes that Interplay long discontinued the manufacturing of any Fallout titles then all the games are already at the retails outlets and therefor they have already received payment for it.

I'm not even sure if this is how it goes in the game market and that's why I was asking but you decided to be the giant butt faggot like always.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
POOPERSCOOPER said:
It means that once the game reaches retail stores they receive the money because the retailer buys the game from them. Whether the customer buys it or not doesn't really affect how much money Interplay gets except when the retailer wants to get more copies because they sold out. So if one assumes that Interplay long discontinued the manufacturing of any Fallout titles then all the games are already at the retails outlets and therefor they have already received payment for it.

I'm not even sure if this is how it goes in the game market and that's why I was asking but you decided to be the giant butt faggot like always.

What dude I didn't understand your Q here. I answered it on the DaC forums:

Yes that's how it works. Retail stores buy in games, and from then on they own them, fuck the publishers.

But this is a new release, meaning Interplay was paid for it recently, and provided to an impressive set of retail chains. If it's doing really well, Interplay can well be expecting extra orders soon.

Relayer71

Liturgist
DemonKing said:
Pretty funny...I can imagine all the FO3 kiddies picking up the original titles only to be shocked to discover the game won't work in their 360s... :roll:

I imagine Bethesda getting a ton of email from them asking why 1st Person view is broken.

MetalCraze

Arcane
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Isn't it kind of deceitful to say "fallout trilogy" when Fo3 isn't in it.

It is also a very cynic way of showing how FO:Tactics is more like a Fallout sequel than Failure 3.

A user named cat

3907731toddhoward.jpg

Xaus

Novice
DemonKing said:
Pretty funny...I can imagine all the FO3 kiddies picking up the original titles only to be shocked to discover the game won't work in their 360s... :roll:

Hehehe, I was thinking along the same lines... people buying Fallout 1 & 2 and discovering that *shock* it's nothing like Fallout 3.

"WTF is this turn-based faggotry?! i wuntz dem guns 2 shot muties ded!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom