Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bethesda E3 2015 Conference: Fallout 4 gameplay video, coming November 10, Dishonored 2 announced

Cadmus

Arcane
I'm surprised they even bothered to improve the graphics at least a tiny bit. It's obviously still the same, horrible looking, shit physics and crap movement engine though.
Those fucking lists of list menus look disgusting, shooting looks like shit even from the short video. I don't like it.

likaq

Arcane
> wake up 200 years later
> I'm looking for my wife, middle-aged woman. Have you seen her?
> plot twist: You're an android
> [Intelligence] So I'm an android and do not age?
> Todd Howard confirmed for Pulitzer Prize 2015

^
From NMA

:lol::lol::lol:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I was torn between :hmmm: and :prosper:.
Combat is the same shit from F:NV. Everyone running at you shooting. Also, how shitty it overall looks - it's basically a mildly improved New Vegas.
I am getting all kind of vibes of successful games from it - GTA, Saints Row, etc...

10/10 - will by for three fifty and do a shoot-everyone-in-the-face playthrough.

naossano

Cipher
It is certainly not the only reason to be worried, but i found almost funny that the guy with a childish voice kept insisting that the features he shows actually work in the game.
When i hear that, it seems to imply that he has troubles with those features, when he tries to show them working for the audience.

It could mean a few things :
- This is the first time he is actually trying them.
- They don't currently work, but they intend to make them working on release.
- They don't intend to make them work but they have to keep the audience thinking they will.

So the huge bugs will be a feature that will keep the game familiar for those who played Fo3.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Dishonored 2 was by far the best thing from Bethesda's presentation. Fallout 4 was pretty much what everyone expected - further dumbing down in the wake of Skyrim's RPG wasteland, and Doom 4 is, well, Doom 4. At least they seem to be on the right track with that one. There was also TESO where everyone just yawned and wished it went away.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Combat is the same shit from F:NV. Everyone running at you shooting.
yeah, that's another thing I forgot I hate. Because when you have a gun, the sensible thing is to run forward and ignore cover. Skyrim AI.

Outmind

Augur
Not a single word was said about the leveling system, perks, quests or factions...

Idk, fallout 4 will probably be something I will play (if my relic of a pc can actually run it / i manage to save up for a new one), but it's sad to see that the core game doesn't seem to have changed much - it is still a rtwp shooter with rpg elements, or rather it is one of these new fangled open world "let's cram as many sideshows into this as we possibly can" type of experiences.

On the other hand, I do like some of the new features - better armor and weapon customization looks promising (did he just not have a helmet in his inv, or did they remove them to make us look at the protagonist's face more?). Also I'm a sucker for resource gathering and base management, so if they do that aspect right it will help the gameplay somewhat.

I just hope they don't make it too bland of an experience...

Also, that green ui is stabbing my eyes with daggers. I hope we'll have color and transparency options to address this.

Cadmus

Arcane
shit physics
I had become so used to seeing crappy Bethesda physics in videos that I didn't even notice.
yeah, just check out those amazing death animations the enemies play when they get shot (or when the animations actually kick in after a brief pause and suspension of physics, lol lol lol)
guns still shoot everywhere but inside your target crosshair, the PC animations are kinda frozen and awkward...
I hate it when these fucking games can't get right the one thing that their budget actually allows for - good graphics

KevinV12000

Arcane
Dog was clearly named Dogmeat in the combat sequences...wonder if one can choose a name?

And if I do, will the game then produce a baby humandog combining our looks?

Gotta admit this version of the Sims looks way cooler than those before.

hexer

Bros, as someone whose hobby is psychology for 16 years I can clearly understand why PC games are getting worse all the time. The problem is that humanity's attention span is shrinking at a pretty fast rate. 100 years ago it was 20 minutes, in 2000 it was 12 seconds and today it is only 8 fucking seconds. That's one second less than a gold fish! Studies have recently confirmed this, the last two were made in 2013 and 2015.

The dumbing down of games only reflects that fact and I can only wonder what will happen in the near future. We need some sort of a solution.
How the fuck is a game developer supposed to design a game for someone with an attention span of 1 second or less? I predict that Fallout 3 uber fans will cry about the good old days once Fallout 5 or 6 comes out and they brand those games unrecognizable.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Bros, as someone whose hobby is psychology for 16 years I can clearly understand why PC games are getting worse all the time. The problem is that humanity's attention span is shrinking at a pretty fast rate. 100 years ago it was 20 minutes, in 2000 it was 12 seconds and today it is only 8 fucking seconds. That's one second less than a gold fish! Studies have recently confirmed this, the last two were made in 2013 and 2015.

The dumbing down of games only reflects that fact and I can only wonder what will happen in the near future. We need some sort of a solution.
How the fuck is a game developer supposed to design a game for someone with an attention span of 1 second or less? I predict that Fallout 3 uber fans will cry about the good old days once Fallout 5 or 6 comes out and they brand those games unrecognizable.

Fallout 5: Press the A) Button to WIN.

Krivol

Magister
Is it only me or F4 looks very cartoonish? I don't know if the problem is with colours or lightning effects, but it's all so unreal and childish. But, from the other side, you will be able to build your own house by scrapping tires in less than one second.

:negative:

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
WEW GO TODD GO

He gained so much confidence its good to see him on the set like that. :incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline:

Time to save RPGs after what clueless hacks like Sawyer, fargo and Avellonne did to them. Todd never lies.

The Bishop

Cipher
From the creators of bestselling hiking simulator: dog walking simulator by Bethesdog.

UnknownBro

Savant
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Todd, you've done it again ! Remarkable!

throwaway

Cipher
Didn't some FO3 mod (FWE?) already implement fast travel restriction by having to click a motorbike (and/or brahmin caravans) to travel between areas?
And it made for just about the most tedious gaming experience imaginable. FO3 can be modded to decency but that was certainly not the way.

Just like anything past Morrowind, Fallout 4 looks like a steaming pile that is being hyped to death by "introducing new, groundbreaking gameplay mechanics" to make the console and casual PC idiots jizz themselves. I can already say I know I'd have more fun sodomizing myself with a spoon than playing this mess until massive amounts of mods are released. Until then, New Vegas exists along with actual games (hopefully) coming out soon such as Underrail and Age of Decadence.

Bethesda, Bethesda never changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom