Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bethesda E3 2015 Conference: Fallout 4 gameplay video, coming November 10, Dishonored 2 announced

Black

Arcane
And so the shilling of non-rpgs continues.

likaq

Arcane
Interplay 1997 -> War, War never changes.
Bethesda 2015 -> Rape, Rape never changes.

Patrolling fallout 4 steam forum almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Azeot

Arbiter
dishonored 2 actually has my interest.
Doom is just a consoletard version of Doom 3 with better graphics, more enemies and less creepy atmosphere, might as wellrename it Call of Devilz: Return to sci-fi hell.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fallout 4 on my birthday?
Interesting.

Certainly not crazy enough to buy on release, though.

lol @ removal of skills.
Yeah, why bother players with all those numbers :lol:

Honestly, though, combining perks & skills is not that bad (if that is what they did), it can work just as well with ranked perks. It can. Wonder what Bethesda did with it, though...
November 10th is my dad's birthday too. He turns 70. This game's release seams oddly appropriate somehow.

naossano

Cipher
That F2P spin-off is the best news of the event.
Although the flare-for-vertibird thing might give hope for the removal of fast-travel.

It doesn't excuse the rest, but AAA develloppers finally implementing alternatives to fast-travel could be good news.

Maldoror

Scholar
Although the flare-for-vertibird thing might give hope for the removal of fast-travel.

Hopefully they just implement Morrowind's fast-travel system. Ride a Vertibird from a faction outpost or a city to another faction outpost (provided that they're friendly) or to a city.

It's sad, however, that the only thing we have to look forward to regarding Bethesda games is that they backtrack on their previous titles instead of moving forward.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm gonna buy ten gallons of hard liquor, quit my job, and sleep on my friend's couch while he plays FO 4 on his XBone. I might also wear blackface makeup for the fun of it.

naossano

Cipher

Hopefully they just implement Morrowind's fast-travel system. Ride a Vertibird from a faction outpost or a city to another faction outpost (provided that they're friendly) or to a city.

It's sad, however, that the only thing we have to look forward to regarding Bethesda games is that they backtrack on their previous titles instead of moving forward.

Requiring a macguffin for fast-travel might be a tiny improvement, but it is still fast-travel. I hope it is actual travel this time, not this.

Zetor

Arcane
Didn't some FO3 mod (FWE?) already implement fast travel restriction by having to click a motorbike (and/or brahmin caravans) to travel between areas?

Doom is whatever. Getting kinda hyped about Dishonored 2, though.

Maldoror

Scholar

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Stop slandering the sequel of Tim Cain's favourite game!

"I did enjoy both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I know that surprised some of my fans, who wanted me to hate the games and rail against their design choices (which I have repeatedly pointed out were different than the ones I would have made), but there is no arguing that more people enjoy the modern versions of the franchise than the older ones.

If I were to compare the two games, I would say that Fallout New Vegas felt like it captured the humor and style of the Fallout universe better than Fallout 3, but I have to hand it to the FO3 designers for developing VATS, a cool twist on called shots for a real-time game. I also loved the set decoration FO3. There was so much destruction, yet obviously everything had been meticulously hand-placed. So much story was told entirely through art. I ended up naming these little art vignettes and creating side stories in my head about what had happened. There was "The Suicide", a dead guy in a bathtub with a shotgun, and I figured he just couldn't handle life after the bombs. There was "Eternal Love", a couple of skeletons in a bed in a hotel room, forever embracing each other. There was "My Last Mistake", the corpse in the temporary one-man fallout shelter which obviously didn't do its job of keeping out the heat and radiation. My favorite was "Desperate Gamble", where I found a feral ghoul in an underground shelter filled with lab supplies and lots of drugs... except for Rad-X. I imagined that a scientist found himself irradiated and desperately tried to synthesize some Rad-X to cure himself before he succumbed, but he was too slow. I did notice that whatever was left of his mind sure did seem to enjoy toilet plungers.

If I had to pick something I didn't like about FO3, I would pick its ending. I hated the ending. There, I said it" - Tim Cain

hexer

From what little we know about the main plot it seems that some elements from Van Buren and discarded Fallout 2 main plot are in it. We shall see...

EDIT
Fallout 4 has the same lead designer and writer as Fallout 3...

Last edited by a moderator:

likaq

Arcane
According to this potato site:

http://www.gry-online.pl/S022.asp?ID=10526&STR=3

mass effect dialogue system is superior to normal dialogue tree.

google translation:

Another important improvement probably have been waiting for all players moaning about a bit stiff the conversations on the previous series, is the emergence of a dynamic dialogue options that are perfect for gaming, among others, Telltale Games, CD Projekt RED or BioWare. No more tedious browsing long question whether przyprawiających the creeps sudden close-ups on indecent mugs of our interviewees - although still somewhat lopsided character animations and their dead eyes may cause some discomfort, but that has charm production Bethesda. Niemniej now in the course of the conversation simply by selecting one of the interesting associations, and the hero will do the rest for us, developing thought. What is more important elections are additionally highlighted in yellow, as even in the third Witcher. If we want to stop the dialogue in mid-sentence, turning on his heel or someone slamming the door in his face - the way is clear. We prefer to resolve the conflict a bit of verbal persuasion of power and treat the caller with buckshot? Nothing could be simpler. Do not łudziłbym, however, that after this incident we will continue to talk.

Amn Nom

Learned
Doom 2016 is shit. Fallout 4 is shit. Dishonored 2 has a lot of potential, after the first game I would be confident going day 1 on it.

It doesn't excuse the rest, but AAA develloppers finally implementing alternatives to fast-travel could be good news.

Fast-travel is probably 0,01% of the problems of F3.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
How can they make Fallout even more boring and soulless? The part in prewar time where the bombs went off just completely killed off any interest to Fallout for me. It just feels wrong.

Starwars

Arcane
Yeah, it looks and feels just... completely wrong. Urgh, what a piece of shit this looks to be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom